Start by marking “Fell” as Want to Read:
Fell

Fell (Fell #1)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  135 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
John Fell loves his family and gourmet cooking, and feels appropriately tormented by Keats, his rich girlfriend from the right side of the tracks. A normal life - normal, that is, until he meets Woodrow Pingree one night by ramming into the back of his Mitsubishi. Suddenly nothing will be the same. A poor boy is now a rich one at an exclusive prep school. A woman who's no ...more
ebook
Published December 31st 2011 by Prologue Books (first published October 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Fell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fell

KB
Oct 19, 2012 KB rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable for all ages, teen and up. A drama that's a mystery in the making without allowing the reader to be aware of it until the twist at the end. Told in first person, the narrator's voice could make you root for him one moment then be irritated with him the next, flipping from a charismatic and poetic hero to a teen with very realistic and relatable faults.

This was another one on Amazon's .99 sale (when I went a bit click-happy thanks to the new e-reader). I was shocked to find that the boo
Claire Scott
Basically Pretty Little Liars for the late 80s. Not what I expected from M.E. Kerr, though I guess I don't know why not. It took me a month to read the first one but then I finished it and the other two in less than a day.
Beth
Oct 13, 2014 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, f
i just want to mention that this was not the cover of the edition i read, the cover of the edition i read was EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS AND UGLY. but this book is so so great. i will be reading the whole (short) series.
Melanie Schweiger
This is a descent realistic teen novel, but you might as well buy the whole series. The first book ends so abruptly and I was glad I had book two readily available.
Moira Russell
The other reviewer who said this was basically Pretty Little Liars was right on the money - it's sort of an odd combination of Kerr's typical YA voice and some of her older crime books. Fell sounds like Philip Marlowe as a teenager, but Kerr's first-person storytelling is still strong enough to pull it off. The plot is ludicrous at first and just gets worse. There are the usual two love interests, the seductive treacherous woman and the good-hearted whiny girl. It's a little odd to see Kerr foll ...more
Ron
Jun 07, 2011 Ron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Filled with tons of metaphors and other things that make you think, 'Fell' is an unusual and original book. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Fell is a young man, from a shady past. He lives with his mom and sister in a small New York town. There, he dates a rich girl, but eventually breaks up with her after getting into a car accident with her neighbor, Woodrow Pingree.

After a series of events, Mr. Pingree strikes up a deal with Fell. To swap schools with his son Ping, and change his name. So Fell goes
Ermy
Feb 10, 2014 Ermy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Great descriptions, though book was rather lengthy. Had subtle hints of suspense and humor, but lacked the thrill and entertainment to want to continue the series. Seemed almost typical and bland in a poor-kid-attends-rich-school plot line. What lacked in plotline, was made up in the ending. Definitely made me reconsider an earlier option.
Suzanne Dix
Very likable main character - clever storyline. Reminds me a bit of A Separate Peace.
Kristin Westergard
I really didn't care for this. teenage sex. story not well developed.
Lenny Husen
Jul 24, 2013 Lenny Husen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this many years ago, in the 1990's, actually I listened to the audio version, and found it quite amusing and charming. I liked it enough to buy it for my father for a birthday gift. The prep school premise and main character were appealing and the Seven thing was awesome.
Ellen Thielen
This was a different take on a mystery. It was mostly a story of a young mans struggle with girls, school, and family. The mystery didn't come into play until the very end. But, now I need to read the next one ...
Carina
Jun 02, 2013 Carina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As far as YA books go, this blows BS like Twilight out of the water. And truth? Everything I know about beguiling men comes from Delia Tremble. Still love this book after twenty years.
Miles
Jun 05, 2013 Miles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my all time favorite reads, I have read and re-read this book as an tween and into adult hood. I own all three in the series and have sought out this author's other works.
Holly
May 23, 2007 Holly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-and-ya
This was a great series of very odd detective/mystery type books. The main character Fell is a student in college.
Lynzee Buck
Why have I read this book more than once when it's not even that amazing?
Ngozi
Just got book for summer reading . What could i find .? :] .
Jonquil
Jonquil marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Kate
Kate added it
Jun 05, 2016
Robbyn
Robbyn marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Nikki
Nikki rated it really liked it
May 31, 2016
Laura rated it liked it
May 23, 2016
Hope
Hope added it
May 15, 2016
Bethanne
Bethanne rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2016
FES
FES marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Megan
Megan added it
Apr 10, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Colin Thomson
Colin Thomson is currently reading it
Mar 29, 2016
Vitor Mendes
Vitor Mendes marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
What's The Name o...: SOLVED. Fiction Book involving Seven Society [s] 4 50 Jul 25, 2014 11:48AM
  • A Part of the Sky
  • Alida's Song
  • Weymouth Sands
  • Beetles, Lightly Toasted
  • Tryst
  • The Paper Doll Museum
  • Dancehall
  • The Language of Goldfish
  • The Osiris Curse (Tweed & Nightingale Adventures, #2)
  • The Juniper Game
  • Confessions of a Teenage Baboon
  • New Rules of High School
  • The Ghost of Fossil Glen
  • Rosie and Skate
M. E. Kerr was born Marijane Meaker in Auburn, New York. Her interest in writing began with her father, who loved to read, and her mother, who loved to tell stories of neighborhood gossip. Unable to find an agent to represent her work, Meaker became her own agent, and wrote articles and books under a series of pseudonyms: Vin Packer, Ann Aldrich, Laura Winston, M. E. Kerr, and Mary James. As M. E. ...more
More about M.E. Kerr...