Start by marking “Fell” as Want to Read:
Fell

Fell (Fell #1)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  114 ratings  ·  16 reviews
John Fell loves his family and gourmet cooking, and feels appropriately tormented by Keats, his rich girlfriend from the right side of the tracks. A normal life - normal, that is, until he meets Woodrow Pingree one night by ramming into the back of his Mitsubishi. Suddenly nothing will be the same. A poor boy is now a rich one at an exclusive prep school. A woman who's no...more
ebook
Published December 31st 2011 by Prologue Books (first published October 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Fell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fell

Krissa
Enjoyable for all ages, teen and up. A drama that's a mystery in the making without allowing the reader to be aware of it until the twist at the end. Told in first person, the narrator's voice could make you root for him one moment then be irritated with him the next, flipping from a charismatic and poetic hero to a teen with very realistic and relatable faults.

This was another one on Amazon's .99 sale (when I went a bit click-happy thanks to the new e-reader). I was shocked to find that the boo...more
Claire Scott
Basically Pretty Little Liars for the late 80s. Not what I expected from M.E. Kerr, though I guess I don't know why not. It took me a month to read the first one but then I finished it and the other two in less than a day.
Beth
i just want to mention that this was not the cover of the edition i read, the cover of the edition i read was EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS AND UGLY. but this book is so so great. i will be reading the whole (short) series.
Melanie Schweiger
This is a descent realistic teen novel, but you might as well buy the whole series. The first book ends so abruptly and I was glad I had book two readily available.
Moira Russell
The other reviewer who said this was basically Pretty Little Liars was right on the money - it's sort of an odd combination of Kerr's typical YA voice and some of her older crime books. Fell sounds like Philip Marlowe as a teenager, but Kerr's first-person storytelling is still strong enough to pull it off. The plot is ludicrous at first and just gets worse. There are the usual two love interests, the seductive treacherous woman and the good-hearted whiny girl. It's a little odd to see Kerr foll...more
Darren
Filled with tons of metaphors and other things that make you think, 'Fell' is an unusual and original book. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Fell is a young man, from a shady past. He lives with his mom and sister in a small New York town. There, he dates a rich girl, but eventually breaks up with her after getting into a car accident with her neighbor, Woodrow Pingree.

After a series of events, Mr. Pingree strikes up a deal with Fell. To swap schools with his son Ping, and change his name. So Fell goes...more
Ermy
Great descriptions, though book was rather lengthy. Had subtle hints of suspense and humor, but lacked the thrill and entertainment to want to continue the series. Seemed almost typical and bland in a poor-kid-attends-rich-school plot line. What lacked in plotline, was made up in the ending. Definitely made me reconsider an earlier option.
Suzanne Dix
Very likable main character - clever storyline. Reminds me a bit of A Separate Peace.
Lenny Husen
I read this many years ago, in the 1990's, actually I listened to the audio version, and found it quite amusing and charming. I liked it enough to buy it for my father for a birthday gift. The prep school premise and main character were appealing and the Seven thing was awesome.
Ellen Thielen
This was a different take on a mystery. It was mostly a story of a young mans struggle with girls, school, and family. The mystery didn't come into play until the very end. But, now I need to read the next one ...
Carina
As far as YA books go, this blows BS like Twilight out of the water. And truth? Everything I know about beguiling men comes from Delia Tremble. Still love this book after twenty years.
Miles
One of my all time favorite reads, I have read and re-read this book as an tween and into adult hood. I own all three in the series and have sought out this author's other works.
Holly
This was a great series of very odd detective/mystery type books. The main character Fell is a student in college.
Lynzee Buck
Why have I read this book more than once when it's not even that amazing?
Ngozi
Just got book for summer reading . What could i find .? :] .
Kerlious
Kerlious marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Tammy Hornbeck
Tammy Hornbeck marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
Jul 03, 2014
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
What's The Name o...: SOLVED. Fiction Book involving Seven Society [s] 4 49 Jul 25, 2014 11:48AM
M. E. Kerr was born Marijane Meaker in Auburn, New York. Her interest in writing began with her father, who loved to read, and her mother, who loved to tell stories of neighborhood gossip. Unable to find an agent to represent her work, Meaker became her own agent, and wrote articles and books under a series of pseudonyms: Vin Packer, Ann Aldrich, Laura Winston, M. E. Kerr, and Mary James. As M. E....more
More about M.E. Kerr...
Deliver Us from Evie Dinky Hocker Shoots Smack! Gentlehands I Stay Near You: One Story in Three If I Love You, Am I Trapped Forever?