Start by marking “The Organized Kitchen: Keep Your Kitchen Clean, Organized, and Full of Good Food-And Save Time, Money, (and Your Sanity) Every Day!” as Want to Read:

2.95 of 5 stars 2.95  ·  rating details  ·  145 ratings  ·  22 reviews
An organized kitchen is the salvation every busy cook needs! You'll save yourself time, money, and stress--all while whipping up delicious, healthy meals your family and friends will love.

From aprons to zesters, this book provides an A-Z of simple shortcuts that will make all the difference, including: Shelf and storage strategiesFive-minute kitchen feng shuiWhen to clean
Published December 1st 2011 by Adams Media Corporation

To ask other readers questions about The Organized Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Organized Kitchen

{eri}
I would say 3 1/2. Definitely not bad for a free Kindle book. There was a lot of good information in here and I made a lot of highlights. There were topics covered that I had been wanting to know more about such as feng shui and we were presented with some of the basics. There were some good organizational ideas and tips that I liked.

However I felt that some parts of it were really only applicable if you were "older" with a) a house, b) children and preferably c) homemaking as your full-time jo
Patricia
3 1/2 stars. A lot of her suggestions were extremely obvious (keep all spatulas together) and others a little too crazy (save butter wrappers in the fridge and use them later to grease pans to avoid buying "expensive" cooking spray. What?! Pretty sure a fridge full of empty butter wrappers would not make my kitchen more organized.) There were some useful tidbits scattered throughout, and as I read it I found myself using the organization tips in other parts of the house as well. Overall, it was ...more
Amy
This book was all over the place. The first portion had information about organizing the kitchen, but then it veered off into meat cooking temperatures, recipes, once-a-month cooking, FlyLady, and many other peripheral directions. I didn't get any new information, unfortunately; but it's a quick read that could possibly be helpful for a novice in the kitchen.
Suzanne Skero
Worth it!

Worth it!

I thought that I knew a lot of this already but I learned several new things from this book. It also inspired me to better organize my kitchen! Definitely worth your time!
Robin Edman
Surprisingly unhelpful. But I've been using kitchens for a long time now. There may not be all that much left to learn.
Cheri
I like organization books. They give me great ideas and hope of one day being organized like Martha. :) This one, however, I didn't finish. It was at the point at which kitchen organization required hiring a feng shui consultant that I realized that this was not the kind of organization I would ever have.
Carrie
Really enjoyed this book. I've read lots of organizing books and really didn't need another one, but every once in a while I find that I need to jump-start my cleaning mojo and reading a new book helps to do that (or so I've convinced myself). Anyway, I got some new ideas from this book and really liked the writer's style. This is one I'll keep on my shelves to re-read some day when I need inspiration.
Elizabeth Olson
There are worthwhile tips here on organizing and streamlining one's kitchen, but there's also a lot of padding with nutrition information, lists of suggested condiments to keep on hand, cooking substitutions, and the like. I'd still recommend it, but with the caveat that a lot of it is skippable if one owns any basic cookbooks or has ever read an article in a cooking or women's magazine.
Tulsa
Pretty common sense. The only caution is make sure to follow manufacturer instructions before following generic advice. One quick tip was to have hot soapy water ready and as cooking just put the pans and such in the water to facilitate clean-up. I know my cookware explicitly states to allow all pans to cool completely to prevent warping.
Lisa
My biggest issue is how unnecessarily vague the book was. For example, use the space behind the toe kick at the bottom of cabinets to store flat pans (paraphrased). No mention of how (make it a drawer instead? rip it off and hope for the best?).

There are some helpful tips, but they're really buried in there.
Monique
This was a free kindle book with tons of information. I already knew a great deal of I information but there were many items that made me to hmmm. The recipes were simple and I have several I plan on cooking. The organizing tips make sense and I plan on incorporating as I design my new kitchen.
Carrie Mason
I wasn't really impressed too much with this book. The ideas in this book weren't new or overly creative. I personally didn't gain anything from reading this. I gave it 3 stars because it could help someone brand new to putting together a kitchen.
Denise
Nothing new, terrible "tips" like "put small things in baskets" and "put the oldest foods before the newer foods." Also not a single picture or drawing for interest.
Jaime
This book made me want to buy a lot of kitchen stuff. While it did help to motivate me, it wasn't very helpful in de-cluttering or organizing.
Leslie
Good. Not really useful for an apt. Need to find something better. But I will pull this book out when we are setting up our next place.
Tamara
Somewhat basic. Nothing more than common sense and information easily picked up from magazines or your mother
Deyara
Not much really stood out, and I didnt make many notes, but it was still a worthwhile read.
Maria

Pretty elementary. Maybe good for someone
Who is out On their own for the first time.
Not a lot of meat to this. Vaguely helpful, I guess.
Jane
Awesome - and I so need help in this area.
Jen Hayes
Very concisely written.
Stephanie
May 31, 2012 Stephanie is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Kindle Fire
Merri Homp
Merri Homp marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Joyce Finley
Joyce Finley marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Nanette Ward
Nanette Ward marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Hifsah Ahmed
Hifsah Ahmed marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Jay Johnson
Jay Johnson marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
  • Small Space Organizing: A Room-By-Room Guide to Maximizing Your Space
  • Winning the Clutter War
  • Salads for Every Season: 25 Recipes from Earthbound Farm
  • Circle of Friends Cookbook 25 Brownie & Bar Recipes [Kindle Edition]
  • The Everything Family Christmas Book: Stories, Songs, Recipes, Crafts, Traditions, and More!
  • The Book of Rules: The Right Way to Do Everything
  • The Everything Soup, Stew, and Chili Cookbook
  • How to De-clutter and Make Money Now
  • Baking Basics and Beyond: Learn These Simple Techniques and Bake Like a Pro
  • Get Organized! Your 12 Month Home Clutter Killer Guide: Organizing The House, Decluttering And How To Clean Your Home To Perfection (Gleam Guru)
  • Organize for a Fresh Start: Embrace Your Next Chapter in Life
  • SMART SCHOOL TIME RECIPES
  • Organized Simplicity: The Clutter-Free Approach to Intentional Living
  • The Everything Grow Your Own Vegetables Book: Your Complete Guide to Planting, Tending, and Harvesting Vegetables
  • Learn Spanish - Word Power 101
  • The Hour That Matters Most: The Surprising Power of the Family Meal
  • Becoming Your Spouse's Better Half: Why Differences Make a Marriage Great
  • Living Rich by Spending Smart: How to Get More of What You Really Want
2049087
Brette Sember is the author of over 40 books about food, family, business, pregnancy, law, finance, parenting and more. She is a former attorney and mom of two. She loves cooking, travel, reading, dogs, and kayaking. She blogs at http://PuttingItAllontheTable.com.
More about Brette Sember...
The Muffin Tin Cookbook: 200 Fast, Delicious Mini-Pies, Pasta Cups, Gourmet Pockets, Veggie Cakes, and More! A Parchment Paper Thanksgiving The Parchment Paper Cookbook: 180 Healthy, Fast, Delicious Dishes! The Complete Divorce Handbook: A Practical Guide Parchment Paper Cookbook: 180 Healthy, Fast, Delicious Dishes!