Start by marking “The Organized Kitchen: Keep Your Kitchen Clean, Organized, and Full of Good Food-And Save Time, Money, (and Your Sanity) Every Day!” as Want to Read:

An organized kitchen is the salvation every busy cook needs! You'll save yourself time, money, and stress--all while whipping up delicious, healthy meals your family and friends will love.

From aprons to zesters, this book provides an A-Z of simple shortcuts that will make all the difference, including: Shelf and storage strategiesFive-minute kitchen feng shuiWhen to clean
Published December 1st 2011 by Adams Media Corporation

To ask other readers questions about The Organized Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Organized Kitchen

{eri}
May 09, 2012 {eri} rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I would say 3 1/2. Definitely not bad for a free Kindle book. There was a lot of good information in here and I made a lot of highlights. There were topics covered that I had been wanting to know more about such as feng shui and we were presented with some of the basics. There were some good organizational ideas and tips that I liked.

However I felt that some parts of it were really only applicable if you were "older" with a) a house, b) children and preferably c) homemaking as your full-time jo
Patricia
3 1/2 stars. A lot of her suggestions were extremely obvious (keep all spatulas together) and others a little too crazy (save butter wrappers in the fridge and use them later to grease pans to avoid buying "expensive" cooking spray. What?! Pretty sure a fridge full of empty butter wrappers would not make my kitchen more organized.) There were some useful tidbits scattered throughout, and as I read it I found myself using the organization tips in other parts of the house as well. Overall, it was ...more
Amy
Dec 23, 2012 Amy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
This book was all over the place. The first portion had information about organizing the kitchen, but then it veered off into meat cooking temperatures, recipes, once-a-month cooking, FlyLady, and many other peripheral directions. I didn't get any new information, unfortunately; but it's a quick read that could possibly be helpful for a novice in the kitchen.
Mandy
Not really helpful. A few neat ideas buried in a lot of advice that was either goofy (hiring a professional Feng Shui consultant) or common sense (clean up clutter). I was hoping for inspiration!
Denise
Jan 24, 2013 Denise rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing new, terrible "tips" like "put small things in baskets" and "put the oldest foods before the newer foods." Also not a single picture or drawing for interest.
Natalie S.
Good thing this was free. Very little of this book was actually about organization and what was there was pretty basic. For instance 15-20% of the book is recipes for basic things like Meatloaf or Lasagna. Random decorating tips, cleaning schedules and feng shui was in included but surprisingly no pictures. Maybe I'm just used to really great organizing blogs, but I figured at least a few nice pictures of storage and organization ideas would be included.
Suzanne Skero
Jul 14, 2014 Suzanne Skero rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth it!

Worth it!

I thought that I knew a lot of this already but I learned several new things from this book. It also inspired me to better organize my kitchen! Definitely worth your time!
Robin Edman
Surprisingly unhelpful. But I've been using kitchens for a long time now. There may not be all that much left to learn.
Leslie
This book would be good for a newly married (younger) couple......
Kazen
Dec 23, 2015 Kazen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A whole lot of common sense, oft repeated. Enh.
Cheri
Feb 12, 2014 Cheri rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I like organization books. They give me great ideas and hope of one day being organized like Martha. :) This one, however, I didn't finish. It was at the point at which kitchen organization required hiring a feng shui consultant that I realized that this was not the kind of organization I would ever have.
Carrie
Aug 11, 2012 Carrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-making
Really enjoyed this book. I've read lots of organizing books and really didn't need another one, but every once in a while I find that I need to jump-start my cleaning mojo and reading a new book helps to do that (or so I've convinced myself). Anyway, I got some new ideas from this book and really liked the writer's style. This is one I'll keep on my shelves to re-read some day when I need inspiration.
Elizabeth Olson
There are worthwhile tips here on organizing and streamlining one's kitchen, but there's also a lot of padding with nutrition information, lists of suggested condiments to keep on hand, cooking substitutions, and the like. I'd still recommend it, but with the caveat that a lot of it is skippable if one owns any basic cookbooks or has ever read an article in a cooking or women's magazine.
Tulsa
Pretty common sense. The only caution is make sure to follow manufacturer instructions before following generic advice. One quick tip was to have hot soapy water ready and as cooking just put the pans and such in the water to facilitate clean-up. I know my cookware explicitly states to allow all pans to cool completely to prevent warping.
Lisa
Feb 19, 2014 Lisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My biggest issue is how unnecessarily vague the book was. For example, use the space behind the toe kick at the bottom of cabinets to store flat pans (paraphrased). No mention of how (make it a drawer instead? rip it off and hope for the best?).

There are some helpful tips, but they're really buried in there.
Monique
May 06, 2012 Monique rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-book
This was a free kindle book with tons of information. I already knew a great deal of I information but there were many items that made me to hmmm. The recipes were simple and I have several I plan on cooking. The organizing tips make sense and I plan on incorporating as I design my new kitchen.
Carrie Mason
I wasn't really impressed too much with this book. The ideas in this book weren't new or overly creative. I personally didn't gain anything from reading this. I gave it 3 stars because it could help someone brand new to putting together a kitchen.
Jaime
Dec 09, 2012 Jaime rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book made me want to buy a lot of kitchen stuff. While it did help to motivate me, it wasn't very helpful in de-cluttering or organizing.
Leslie
Jul 30, 2012 Leslie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good. Not really useful for an apt. Need to find something better. But I will pull this book out when we are setting up our next place.
Tamara
Somewhat basic. Nothing more than common sense and information easily picked up from magazines or your mother
Deyara
Jul 24, 2012 Deyara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: organising, cleaning
Not much really stood out, and I didnt make many notes, but it was still a worthwhile read.
Maria
Sep 17, 2012 Maria rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

Pretty elementary. Maybe good for someone
Who is out On their own for the first time.
Not a lot of meat to this. Vaguely helpful, I guess.
Jane
Mar 08, 2013 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome - and I so need help in this area.
Jen Hayes
May 22, 2012 Jen Hayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Very concisely written.
Stephanie
May 31, 2012 Stephanie is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Kindle Fire
Lucas Souza
Lucas Souza marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Allison McGoldrick
Allison McGoldrick is currently reading it
Sep 26, 2016
Frances Rivera
Frances Rivera marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Alex Sinclair
Alex Sinclair is currently reading it
Sep 21, 2016
  • Small Space Organizing: A Room-By-Room Guide to Maximizing Your Space
  • Winning the Clutter War
  • Salads for Every Season: 25 Recipes from Earthbound Farm
  • Joyful Momma's Guide to Shopping & Cooking Frugally
  • Clean It! A to Z Guide of How to Clean Your Home
  • The Everything Family Christmas Book: Stories, Songs, Recipes, Crafts, Traditions, and More!
  • Cake Mixes Cookbook (Gooseberry Patch)
  • Prevention Healthy Favorites: Chicken Recipes: 48 Easy and Delicious Meals!
  • The Book of Rules: The Right Way to Do Everything
  • The Everything Soup, Stew, and Chili Cookbook
  • Smart School Time Recipes
  • How to De-clutter and Make Money Now: Turn Clutter Into Cash with The One-Minute Organizer (Organizing for Simple Living)
  • Soup and Bread Cookbook: Building Community One Pot at a Time
  • The Slow Cooker Cookbook: 87 Easy, Healthy, and Delicious Recipes for Slow Cooked Meals
  • The 2011 Book Blogger's Cookbook (The Book Blogger's Cookbook)
  • Organize for a Fresh Start: Embrace Your Next Chapter in Life
  • Even You Can Learn Statistics: A Guide for Everyone Who Has Ever Been Afraid of Statistics
  • Getting Rid Of It: Eliminate the Clutter in Your Life
2049087
Brette Sember is the author of over 40 books about food, family, business, pregnancy, law, finance, travel, education, parenting and more. She is a former attorney and mom of two. She loves cooking, travel, reading, dogs, and kayaking. She blogs at http://PuttingItAllontheTable.com.
More about Brette Sember...