Start by marking “The Everything Toddler Activities Book: Over 400 games and projects to entertain and educate” as Want to Read:

"You play with your toddler, but is she learning?
You teach your toddler, but is he having fun?"Now you can play "and" teach your toddler at the same time with this book. Written by an experienced child-care expert, this informative and fun guide shows you how to stimulate your child's development with age-appropriate, enjoyable, and educational activities such as:

Making Pu
Published December 15th 2011 by Everything (first published June 5th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Everything Toddler Activities Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything Toddler Activities Book

Nicola
Jul 07, 2016 Nicola rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, parenting
Very similar to her "365 Toddler Activities that Inspire Creativity: Games, Projects, and Pastimes That Encourage a Child's Learning and Imagination"; same issues with formatting.
Michelle
Feb 15, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting
This is a nice resource. Some of the ideas are very simple and obvious-seeming (throw balls of socks into a laundry basket to teach hand-eye coordination) and they almost make you want to roll your eyes, but they still got me to think and remember: Sometimes it's the simple and obvious-seeming that is the best for young kids, not fancy, whizzing gadgets or overly complicated crafts. Quality time and creativity are important for toddlers and their parents. So yeah, I've thrown some balls into a b ...more
mrsrou
Feb 07, 2017 mrsrou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of good little ideas in here, some are very simple and things we do all the time, others were simple but we just hadn't thought of or some we had forgotten about it over time.
Jaclyn
May 06, 2011 Jaclyn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book may be good for someone who hasn't worked with children before or for a playschool teacher or daycare worker looking for new ideas. For me, however, the activities that are good for my son are already common knowledge (ie: I Spy, Follow the Leader, etc); and the other activites are better suited for groups. Some activities are so cheesy that my two year old would wrinkle his nose.

I did get one great idea for his sandbox, though, so it wasn't a complete loss! There may be one great ide
Barbara
Dec 09, 2012 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read several books of this type and this is my favorite by far. Most of the items required for the activities are things I already have on hand. Most of the activities require very little preparation time -- which is great since you don't want to spend 30 minutes preparing an activity for a toddler whose attention span is only 10 - 15 minutes tops. The variety of activities is wonderful. My kids have loved almost all of the activities I have introduced to them from this book.
Marjanne
Oct 28, 2008 Marjanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents
This is pretty much a just collection of activity ideas for toddlers with some parental philosophy thrown in. There are some that I am excited to try, but I was actually surprised that there wasn't more that I was interested in. I do like all the recipes to make your own playdough/paints/etc.
Jackie Nawrot
Jun 13, 2013 Jackie Nawrot rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have a 2yo, 3yo and 7yo and this book is full of awesome activities no matter where you are. I now have a nice quiet peaceful house.
Meaghan
Helpful to keep Owen busy. We did a few activities, and this one seems to bridge the two to three year gap better than other "toddler" books I've read recently.
Wendy
Feb 22, 2008 Wendy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found this book very helpful keeping a toddler occupied, happy, and doing productive things while also caring for a newborn.
Heidi
This book had LOTS of good toddler activity ideas.
Adam Gilbert-Cole
Adam Gilbert-Cole rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2013
Holli
Holli rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2008
Ibrahim Khan
Ibrahim Khan rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2017
Zoe
Zoe rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2012
Audrey
Audrey rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2014
Amy Beth
Amy Beth rated it liked it
May 18, 2014
Christie
Christie rated it really liked it
May 23, 2009
Melissa Ontso
Melissa Ontso rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2014
Jody
Jody rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2015
Caroline Cummings
Caroline Cummings rated it did not like it
Jan 04, 2017
Natasha
Natasha rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Hope Pankey
Hope Pankey rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Christine Sedita
Christine Sedita rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2014
sandy
sandy rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2017
Heather Taylor
Heather Taylor rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2010
Katherine
Katherine rated it liked it
May 27, 2014
Peggy Crofut
Peggy Crofut rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2011
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2008
Xavier Ashe
Xavier Ashe rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016