Start by marking “The Everything Canning and Preserving Book: All You Need to Know to Enjoy Natural, Healthy Foods Year Round” as Want to Read:

2.81 of 5 stars 2.81  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  5 reviews
More and more people are beginning to can and preserve, whether for health benefits or to save money. Complete with step-by-step instructions, recipes, and tips, this book is a must for beginning and experienced canners alike. With this book you will learn to: Preserve fresh foods by drying, freezing, canning, and pickling; Find and use the tools needed to can and preserve ...more
Published May 18th 2009 by Adams Media Corporation (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Everything Canning and Preserving Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything Canning and Preserving Book

Po
This book provides very good basic info for people like me who don't know a thing about canning. I was hoping for some recipes for very basic items such as tomato sauce but most recipes are elaborate and require that you make huge amounts. I think most people that can do it in large amounts but I'll be looking at a few more books for those of us who are harvesting in small amounts.
Kathleen
This book provides a good overview to canning and other methods of preserving. I liked this layout, knowing I can find other books for more in-depth reading if I desire. The second half of the book is devoted to recipes. There seems to be quite a selection, but I won't be trying any at this time since I've borrowed this book from the library.
Greta
A good overview of the canning process as well as other forms of preserving (freezing, drying, etc.). There were significantly fewer recipes in this book than others on the topic that I've read. However, if you're a newcomer to canning/preserving, it's worth reading for the good basic information contained within.
Susan
Maybe trying to cover too much in one book, but a decent overview of preserving food in general. I was not impressed with the recipes.
Greta
Along with the basic overview of canning and preserving methods, this book contains an interesting collection of recipes.
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Dawn Holder
Dawn Holder marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Virginia Bunn
Virginia Bunn marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Victoria Pike
Victoria Pike marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Cynthia Skelton
Cynthia Skelton marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2013
Devin
Devin marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2013
Flora N
Flora N marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2013
Myra Morrison
Myra Morrison marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2013
Alexis Legendre
Alexis Legendre marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2013
Susan
Susan added it
Nov 04, 2012
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2012
Patricia "Trish" Telesco is a professional author with more than 50 metaphysical titles on the market.

Trish considers herself a kitchen witch whose love of folkore (and a bit of Strega) flavor every spell and ritual. Her strongest beliefs lie in following personal vision, being tolerant of other traditions, making life an act of worship, and being the magic!

Trish travels minimally twice per mont
More about Patricia J. Telesco...
A Kitchen Witch's Cookbook 365 Goddess: A Daily Guide to the Magic and Inspiration of the Goddess A Victorian Grimoire: Romance - Enchantment - Magic The Urban Pagan: Magical Living in a 9-To-5 World Your Book Of Shadows: How to Write Your Own Magickal Spells