Start by marking “The Way of the Green Witch: Rituals, Spells, and Practices to Bring You Back to Nature” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  213 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
The Way of the Green Witch is the path of the naturalist, the herbalist, the wise woman, and the healer. But in today's highly urbanized and technological world, those who wish to practice green magick need sound guidance and support if they are to succeed. Renowned author and Wiccan High Priestess Arin Murphy-Hiscock leads readers step by step on a magickal journey down t ...more
Published May 1st 2006 by Provenance Press (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Way of the Green Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Way of the Green Witch

Jenn Flynn-Shon
Jan 09, 2013 Jenn Flynn-Shon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book to accompany other books on ways of living Green. With recipes and infusions for herbs, vegetables and other earth related items this will act as a handy reference tool for Green living. Written in basic language without necesity for ritual or related religious connotations the practices included are easily completed by the everyday Green practitioner. Well written and practical reference manual.
Shana
Jan 02, 2013 Shana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book for anyone starting out in learning how to connect with nature.
Holly Mays
Dec 11, 2007 Holly Mays rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect book for "the kitchen witch" in all of us.
Steve Cran
Lately there has been a new trend in the sphere of Witch Craft, it is called Green Witch Craft.
I am not sure exactly what old witchcraft looked like but this path maybe more akin to the wise woman at the hedge who had explicit knowledge of herbs. The path of the green witch is about connecting with nature and running in unison with her rhythms. The green witch is not such a ceremonial person, there thing is about being connected to the earth and the land. The green witch's objective is to connec
Christine
A friend who read the book before me warned that the author recommends using essential oils to make infused sugar, and that is not true. The topic of infused sugar is covered on pages 232-236 and nowhere in those pages does the author mention using essential oils. She simply states to use whole or cracked herbs and flowers. Perhaps they were mistaken or just didn’t read close enough. But be warned, that’s about the only dispute about the book I will stand up for …

Arin covers many topics in the b
Jesse
Sep 28, 2011 Jesse rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book if one needs to rediscover the ways of the Goddess. It is so easy to stray off the path sometimes. I really enjoyed this book because it bought the idea of worship back to a practical thing. I moved from the country to the city. Yes being in the country it was very easy to feel atune with the Goddess but over the years in the city I had begun to feel lost. The exercises and guides helped to rebridge the gap so I didn't feel like a lost soul in a very different environment. I ...more
Megan
A wonderful little book with lots of great advice and ideas for connecting with nature.
Emma
Jul 27, 2015 Emma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: witchcraft
Excellent as an introduction to green magic. As a beginner I found the book thoroughly interesting and definitely am left feeling encouraged to conduct field research of my own. The author encourages a highly personal practice and so the book was not at all prescriptive, rather encouraging a kind of trial and error, and listening to your intuition. Would recommend to anyone looking for an entry point into this kind of magic, who like me is not interested in Wicca and formal nature religions.
Penelope
Aug 24, 2011 Penelope rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pagan-books
This is one of my favourite books on Green Witchcraft. What I love most about it is how Murphy doesn't include any deity information because belief in deity isn't as relevant to Green Witchcraft practices as other Pagan paths. That way, it can be moulded to fit your own personal path quite easily. Plus, she underlines the importance of connecting to nature where you are in the world and making Green Witchcraft relevant to you.
This book was quite interesting. The one thing that I noticed though it seemed to have tons of fluff. Also it only touched base on a few things and didn't go into great detail. If you are just starting out this may be the book for you but you also need other sources as well.
Tiffany
Sep 23, 2015 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this is an excellent book for beginners. I especially like how the author does not tell people how to think or practice in a certain way. She encourages the reader to find their own path and use what works for them. I would recommend this book to anyone.
Alisa
Apr 30, 2009 Alisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was not what I thought. And quite boring to read. However, I gave it 2 stars because I was interested in what it taught about herbs, plants and trees and the power they hold. So that part made it worth 2 stars.
Stephanie
Jan 01, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to buy this book. Well-written and easy to read
Katie J Schwartz
Did like: The recipes and instructions for various teas, oils, and things.

Did not like: Even though Arin Murphy-Hiscock claimed to not be pushing Wicca, at times I really felt like she was.
Leannear24
Nov 02, 2012 Leannear24 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wicca
i thought that it was really interesting with some great tips
however, i would only recomend it to ppl that are interested in following this particular path in the craft
Leisl
This is one of the books that come full of information that feels so right on so many levels, a book that reinforces for me THIS is who I am.
Gwnhwyfer
From the bibliography of Ellen Dugan's Green Witch's Herbal (2009).
Tangee
Keeper. Quaint, approachable and low on the cheeeeeese factor.
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Sandra Barnes
Sandra Barnes rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
The Domestic Witch
The Domestic Witch marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Eda Gürses
Eda Gürses marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Nizam uddin
Nizam uddin rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
  • A Witch Alone: Thirteen Moons to Master Natural Magic
  • Natural Magic
  • Hedgewitch: Spells, Crafts & Rituals for Natural Magick
  • Witch in the Kitchen: Magical Cooking for All Seasons
  • Witch's Halloween: A Complete Guide to the Magick, Incantations, Recipes, Spells, and Lore
  • The Outer Temple of Witchcraft: Circles, Spells, and Rituals (Temple of Witchcraft, #2)
  • Green Witchcraft II: Balancing Light & Shadow
  • Evolutionary Witchcraft
  • The Druidry Handbook: Spiritual Practice Rooted in the Living Earth
  • Midsummer: Magical Celebrations of the Summer Solstice
Currently a resident of Montreal, Canada, Arin works as a freelance writer and editor. She is the author of Power Spellcraft for Life: The Art of Crafting and Casting for Positive Change (2005), Solitary Wicca for Life: A Complete Guide to Mastering the Craft on Your Own (2005), The Way of the Green Witch (2006), The Way of the Hedge Witch (2009), and Pagan Pregnancy: The Journey From Maiden to Mo ...more
More about Arin Murphy-Hiscock...