Start by marking “Toxic Men: 10 Ways to Identify, Deal With, and Heal from the Men Who Make Your Life Miserable” as Want to Read:

Toxic Relationships can involve men of all shapes, sizes, and dysfunctions. In Toxic Men, bestselling author, body language, and communication expert Dr. Lillian Glass shows you how to identify, effectively handle, and heal from men who make you miserable. From the "Sneaky, Passive-Aggressive, Silent-But-Deadly Erupting Volcano" to the "Instigating, Backstabbing Meddler," ...more
Published October 18th 2010 by Adams Media Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Toxic Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toxic Men

Jock Santagati
Sep 27, 2012 Jock Santagati rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been digging psychology about dating for a while after this friend guy of mine starting a new year resolution quest to get laid but not quiet successful. I respect the guy's choice except that he spent too much money on these scammers' cult. I told him his "alpha dog" project doesn't work. He should seek the real thing out instead. Women just want a guy to have fun with and doesn't have those true colors hidden and doesn't see women as objects so he never get hurt but never happy either. An ...more
Beks
Jun 24, 2012 Beks rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as helpful on the "healing" aspect as I had hoped - still trying to find ways to come to terms with all this.
Candy Sparks
Jan 13, 2013 Candy Sparks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
This book is a worth read for any woman or man that has been abused verbally or physically. This book is about the toxic men in our life and how to best deal with the situation. No women/men should ever be treating with disrespect. Not only does this book help you to see what a toxic man is but how to heal and move on. If you can move one she also give you suggestions about that. The author is amazing and I only found 2 miss spelled words! AMAZING READ! I highly suggest this book to everyone!
Juli Ryan
This book has a lot of details about how to recognise toxic men by their body language. Do they stand with their toes pointed inward and their arms crossed? Brow furrowed, not looking you in the eye? Not quite as much as I hoped on the healing aspect, or how to meet men who aren't selfish, manipulative, angry, narcissistic, wishy-washy martyr sociopaths.
Ruth
Feb 12, 2015 Ruth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally, a sane, intelligent woman takes on a difficult topic like this. I thought she did a great job, including her chapters on how to heal. I love how she tells people to NOT stuff their anger and "forgive" (to make those who are uncomfortable with our pain happy). Her advice is very sensible - remember what happened and don't let it happen again!
Keisha
Jun 27, 2013 Keisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although the focus of the book is on men, the information can also be applied to women. It is always easier to point the finger of blame on others when things do not go right in our relationships. However, this book is definitely an eye opener which will help you to see how your own toxicity may be ruining your relationships.
Celeste
Jan 06, 2013 Celeste rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
I made it to part 2, then skimmed it. This may have helped when I was 18, but I've learned by now to walk away from what's not working out (i.e, is toxic to me). Also, I've learned what traits I don't want in a man, and what I do. I have my standards, and I'm not settling.
Dee Vasquez
Sep 08, 2012 Dee Vasquez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An enlightening book that had I read it when I was a teenager, I might not have gotten involved as I would have recognized the behaviors as toxic. highly recommend this book for knowledge as that is power to make good choices for our lives.
Shari
Jul 23, 2012 Shari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Insightful and useful for dealing with difficult people in general. The questionnaires at the end of the book were most valuable and yielded surprising results, which leads to deeper self discovery, I highly recommend!
Addie Mckee
Addie Mckee rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Taylor
Taylor rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2011
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2014
Kathy Pearce
Kathy Pearce rated it did not like it
Apr 06, 2014
Kerry
Kerry rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2013
Dr. Lillian
Dr. Lillian rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2014
Teigan
Teigan rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2016
Alissa
Alissa rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2014
Belle
Belle rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2015
Jen Wood
Jen Wood rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was ok
Feb 26, 2016
Denitsa Krasimirova
Denitsa Krasimirova rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2014
Laura rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Oresta
Oresta rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2013
Ana Rinck
Ana Rinck rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2016
shawn
shawn rated it really liked it
May 13, 2015
Matthew Stanford
Matthew Stanford rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2014
Shanna
Shanna rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2011
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2012
Sarahbeth Holdgate
Sarahbeth Holdgate rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2013
Kristen Duncan
Kristen Duncan rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Boundaries and Relationships: Knowing, Protecting and Enjoying the Self
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Zen Living
  • How Can I Forgive You?: The Courage to Forgive, the Freedom Not To
  • Controlling People: How to Recognize, Understand, and Deal with People Who Try to Control You
  • Always Hit On The Wingman...and 9 Other Secret Rules for Getting the Love Life You Want
  • El Libro Tibetano De La Vida Y La Muerte/ the Tibetan Book of Life and Death
  • Fabled Lands (The Enchanted World Series)
  • Crazy Busy Beautiful: Beauty Secrets for Getting Gorgeous Fast
  • Confident Conversation: How to Communicate Successfully in Any Situation
  • Soft Spots: A Marine's Memoir of Combat and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
  • The Modern Girl's Guide to Sticky Situations (Modern Girl's Guides)
  • Miracle Girls
  • Undateable: 311 Things Guys Do That Guarantee They Won't Be Dating or Having Sex
  • Almonds and Raisins
  • Should I Stay or Should I Go?: A Guide to Knowing if Your Relationship Can--and Should--be Saved
  • Make Peace With Anyone: Breakthrough Strategies to Quickly End Any Conflict, Feud, or Estrangement
  • Love and Awakening: Discovering the Sacred Path of Intimate Relationship
  • Uncoupling: Turning Points in Intimate Relationships
Dr. Lillian Glass is an international communication and body language expert, media commentator and author of a dozen books, including Toxic People, He Says She Says, and a body language book, I Know What You're Thinking. She has a monthly body language column in Cosmopolitan Magazine. She also is actively involved as a jury consultant.
More about Lillian Glass...