Start by marking “The Everything Grow Your Own Vegetables Book: Your Complete Guide to planting, tending, and harvesting vegetables” as Want to Read:

Vine-ripened tomatoes. Succulent squash. Plump cucumbers.

Growing vegetables is a rewarding and cost-effective way to eat better for less. Yet many don't know where to start. Author and farmer Catherine Abbott answers questions like:
What is the best way to maximize my garden space?
How do I get started growing food to sustain my family?
Can I grow vegetables inside my house?
H
Published January 1st 2010 by Everything

To ask other readers questions about The Everything Grow Your Own Vegetables Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything Grow Your Own Vegetables Book

Yodamom
Mar 20, 2016 Yodamom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Helpful easy to use growing guide
Christy
Mar 01, 2015 Christy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so useful, especially if you're just starting to get into gardening. There are lots of detailed explanations for terms that you hear all the time, but may not really understand. For example, I've seen that many plants can be sowed as soon as soil can "be worked," but didn't know until I read this book how to tell when it's actually ready. I originally checked this out from the library, but plan on buying it so I'll always be able to use it as a reference.
Michele
This was full of information about gardening which I found very helpful. It starts at the very beginning with planning, soil, seeds, plants, harvesting and trouble-shooting. There was some repetition of information and the charts were hard to read on the kindle version, but overall, I learned a lot.
GoldenjoyBazyll
Apr 26, 2012 GoldenjoyBazyll rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: how-to
Since I have dcided to upgrade my garden to 3 times its size this year I figured I needed to know more about what I was doing! This book is a very easy description on how to grow your own vegetables. Nicely done and easy to get information out of quickly!
Heather
Very general basic information which is good for people just starting out. I have read a lot of books and have been gardening most my life so most of it was stuff I knew already but there was still some useful info I didn't know about.
Lis Ann - The Indigo Quill
I received this book from NetGalley.com and absolutely love it. My husband is a chef and I've been wanting to begin growing some of our own food. If you're systematic like me, this book will be incredibly helpful because it lays everything out in order. Greatly detailed and helpful. Thanks!
Patti
May 27, 2013 Patti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy to read. Great advice. I'm not a novice organic gardener and I learned - or re-learned - some stuff.
Crystal
Aug 10, 2013 Crystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't delete this book of my Kindle after I finished it. It is a comprehensive reference from beginning a garden all the way to eating from the garden. Yay for Organic!
Suz
Nov 08, 2012 Suz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, kindle, free
Lots of general information on how to grow vegetables and treat your garden. Good enough for this noob.
Vasanthi Rao
Vasanthi Rao rated it it was ok
Jan 21, 2014
Joseph M Mangini Jr
Joseph M Mangini Jr rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Vic Harriman
Vic Harriman rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2016
Lisa Niles
Lisa Niles rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2016
Elizabeth Dunnigan
Elizabeth Dunnigan rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2014
Sheilalyn
Sheilalyn rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2012
Molly
Molly rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Diana Newton
Diana Newton rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Sarah M. Miller
Sarah M. Miller rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2014
Dom William OSB
Dom William OSB rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Renee
Renee rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2014
Liz
Liz rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2015
Diana Henderson
General overview of gardening is okay.
gillian c. young
gillian c. young rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2015
Courtney McEldowney
Courtney McEldowney rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2015
Tom
Tom rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2012
Shelia
Shelia rated it did not like it
Aug 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Helpful Herbs for Health and Beauty
  • Etsy 101: Sell Your Crafts on Etsy, the DIY Marketplace for Handmade, Vintage and Crafting Supplies
  • Frumpy to Fabulous: Flaunting It. Your Ultimate Guide to Effortless Style
  • Get Organized! Your 12 Month Home Clutter Killer Guide : 2nd Edition (Revised) : Organizing The House, Decluttering And How To Clean Your Home To Perfection (Gleam Guru)
  • The Organized Kitchen: Keep Your Kitchen Clean, Organized, And Full Of Good Food and Save Time, Money, (And Your Sanity) Every Day!
  • Saving for Retirement without Living Like a Pauper or Winning the Lottery
  • The Everything Family Christmas Book: Stories, Songs, Recipes, Crafts, Traditions, and More (Everything Series)
  • The Perfect 10 Diet
  • The Everything Soup, Stew, and Chili Cookbook
  • RX from the Garden: 101 Food Cures You Can Easily Grow
  • Prevention Healthy Favorites: Chicken Recipes: 48 Easy and Delicious Meals!
  • Circle of Friends Cookbook 25 Slow Cooker Recipes: Exclusive online cookbook
  • Out of Sight, Out of Mind - Easy Home Organization Tips and Storage Solutions for Clutter-Free Living
  • Composting Inside and Out: The comprehensive guide to reusing trash, saving money and enjoying the benefits of organic gardening
  • The Normans: From Raiders to Kings