Start by marking “The Everything Grow Your Own Vegetables Book: Your Complete Guide to Planting, Tending, and Harvesting Vegetables” as Want to Read:

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  104 ratings  ·  10 reviews
"Vine-ripened tomatoes. Succulent squash. Plump cucumbers." Growing vegetables is a rewarding and cost-effective way to eat better for less. Yet many don t know where to start. Author and farmer Catherine Abbott answers questions like:
What is the best way to maximize my garden space?
How do I get started growing food to sustain my family?
Can I grow vegetables inside my hous
Unknown Binding, 304 pages
Published January 1st 2012 by Adams Media Corporation (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Everything Grow Your Own Vegetables Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything Grow Your Own Vegetables Book

Michele
This was full of information about gardening which I found very helpful. It starts at the very beginning with planning, soil, seeds, plants, harvesting and trouble-shooting. There was some repetition of information and the charts were hard to read on the kindle version, but overall, I learned a lot.
Lis Ann
I received this book from NetGalley.com and absolutely love it. My husband is a chef and I've been wanting to begin growing some of our own food. If you're systematic like me, this book will be incredibly helpful because it lays everything out in order. Greatly detailed and helpful. Thanks!
GoldenjoyBazyll
Since I have dcided to upgrade my garden to 3 times its size this year I figured I needed to know more about what I was doing! This book is a very easy description on how to grow your own vegetables. Nicely done and easy to get information out of quickly!
Crystal
I couldn't delete this book of my Kindle after I finished it. It is a comprehensive reference from beginning a garden all the way to eating from the garden. Yay for Organic!
Patti
Easy to read. Great advice. I'm not a novice organic gardener and I learned - or re-learned - some stuff.
Suz
Lots of general information on how to grow vegetables and treat your garden. Good enough for this noob.
Hillary
Good reference book on gardening, especially for those who are learning.
Peggy
lots of information in this book. a good go-to reference book for gardeners.
Barb
Totally worth the read. Lots of pointers here. Some new ideas also,.
Diana Henderson
General overview of gardening is okay.
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Kelly Ginster
Kelly Ginster marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Katrina Lyon
Katrina Lyon marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Jessica Booth
Jessica Booth marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Dianne Cook
Dianne Cook marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Dr. Myra S. Gray
Dr. Myra S. Gray marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
June
June marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Irishros Naser
Irishros Naser marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Katie Newton
Katie Newton marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Sarah Keane
Sarah Keane marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
  • Helpful Herbs for Health and Beauty
  • Etsy 101: Sell Your Crafts on Etsy, the DIY Marketplace for Handmade, Vintage and Crafting Supplies
  • Frumpy to Fabulous: Flaunting It. Your Ultimate Guide to Effortless Style
  • Small Space Organizing: A Room-By-Room Guide to Maximizing Your Space
  • The Everything Family Christmas Book: Stories, Songs, Recipes, Crafts, Traditions, and More!
  • Saving for Retirement without Living Like a Pauper or Winning the Lottery
  • Don't Know Much About Mythology: Everything You Need to Know About the Greatest Stories in Human History but Never Learned
  • The Organized Kitchen: Keep Your Kitchen Clean, Organized, And Full Of Good Food and Save Time, Money, (And Your Sanity) Every Day!
  • Get Organized! Your 12 Month Home Clutter Killer Guide: Organizing The House, Decluttering And How To Clean Your Home To Perfection (Gleam Guru)
  • The Book of Rules: The Right Way to Do Everything
  • The Everything Soup, Stew, and Chili Cookbook
  • How to Raise Emotionally Healthy Children: Meeting the Five Critical Needs of Children - And Parents Too!
  • The Fall of Anne Boleyn: A Countdown
  • Winning the Clutter War
  • How to Unspoil Your Child Fast: A Speedy, Complete Guide to Contented Children and Happy Parents
  • The Normans: From Raiders to Kings
  • Circle of Friends Cookbook 25 Slow Cooker Recipes: Exclusive online cookbook
  • The Perfect 10 Diet
The Everything Small-Space Gardening Book The Year-Round Harvest: A Seasonal Guide to Growing, Eating, and Preserving the Fruits and Vegetables of Your Labor The Everything Grow Your Own Vegetables Book: Your complete guide to planting, tending, and harvesting vegetables The Everything Small-Space Gardening Book (Everything (Home Improvement)) The Green Smoothie Garden: Grow Your Own Produce for the Most Nutritious Green Smoothie Recipes Possible!