Start by marking “First Steps Drawing in Pen & Ink” as Want to Read:
First Steps Drawing in Pen & Ink

First Steps Drawing in Pen & Ink

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Got a yearning to pick up a pen and see what you can do? Go for it! But don't sketch alone?let popular artist and teacher Claudia Nice be your guide. She'll make your first steps fun and successful!

In her trademark style?friendly and encouraging?Claudia will show you how to do a sketch of a subject that actually ends up looking like the subject. And she shares her secrets
Published March 1st 1997 by Northlight (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about First Steps Drawing in Pen & Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Steps Drawing in Pen & Ink

Max
The first book I got on how to draw with pen & ink. Unlike Rendering in Pen and Ink, this is a good book for beginners. Claudia Nice talks about drawing surfaces, types of inks as well as paints, and various kinds of pens. In contrast to the aforementioned book, this book emphasizes the technical pen more than the nib pen, though the techniques illustrated can be used with any type of ink pen.

The exercises in the book involving control, practice, and seven basic type of mark making are VERY
F.P.
Very basic with quite a few easy drawings and exercises.
Lorraine
I got this book from the library last week and went through many of the lessons and learned quite a bit. Several drawings I completed looked like replicas of the ones in the book.
Mary
Wow. I must say, I love to draw with this. It has drawings that I try to imitate, and it has really made me a better artist.
Jeremy W. Mosley
Jeremy W. Mosley is currently reading it
Dec 05, 2014
Becca
Becca marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Adan M Garcia
Adan M Garcia is currently reading it
Nov 12, 2014
Blux
Blux marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Mb
Mb marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
March
March marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Creating Textures in Pen & Ink with Watercolor How to Keep a Sketchbook Journal Painting with Watercolor, Pen & Ink Sketching Your Favorite Subjects in Pen & Ink Painting Weathered Buildings in Pen, Ink & Watercolor

“Now relax, think positively and begin --- the smile of success awaits you.” 6 likes