Start by marking “Creative Foundations: 40 Scrapbook and Mixed-Media Techniques to Build Your Artistic Toolbox” as Want to Read:

Yes, You CAN Do It!Internationally recognized artist and teacher Vicki Boutin takes the all mystery out of those scrapbook and mixed-media techniques you thought you could never do! She'll be with you every step of the way as you learn to paint, stamp, emboss and burnish your way to creating beautiful, unique and individual art.

In "Creative Foundations" you'll find: 40 ste
Published December 6th 2011 by North Light Books (first published December 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Creative Foundations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creative Foundations

Chris
Too many exclamation points, too cutesy, and too much time spent pushing a certain line of products.
liberal sprinkles
Creative Foundations is a very informative book with clear and well-illustrated instructions on executing 40 techniques that can be used for both scrapbooking and mixed media projects. They range from building backgrounds (collage, bubble wrap, monoprint, various resists) to creating textures (frottage, using gesso, tie-dye markers, tissue paper decoupage), using embellishments (ribbons, flowers, foil transfer, chipboards, paper quilting) and incorporating other ideas like paper piecing, recycli ...more
Crystal
Jun 19, 2016 Crystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: creativity
While I wasn't looking at this book for "scrapbooking" ideas, I did get some creative ideas about how to create some interesting framing around family pictures. I am interested in mixed media and this book did give me a few ideas to get me going. I bought this book used and I also saw that it is available for digital loan with my library. I would recommend borrowing it so you can save you $ for supplies in making the fun things inside this book.
Elizabeth
Jul 31, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a must-have book for any crafter. The techniques were easy to follow, approachable, and most importantly -- beautiful! I could see myself using most of these techniques in my own projects, and I know I'll be referring to this book again and again. This one's definitely going on my keeper shelf!
Kitty
Kitty rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2016
Michal
Michal added it
Sep 27, 2016
Jules
Jules rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2016
Natalie Matos
Natalie Matos marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Raechel Incretolli- sobon
Raechel Incretolli- sobon rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2016
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
suzanne k bowshier
suzanne k bowshier rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Lisa Greiner
Lisa Greiner rated it it was ok
Jan 31, 2016
Lyn Hitchcock
Lyn Hitchcock marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Deborah Hargis Bulloff
Deborah Hargis Bulloff is currently reading it
Jan 15, 2016
Nadia Abdillah
Nadia Abdillah marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
K Rae
K Rae added it
Jan 17, 2016
Sherrill
Sherrill marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015
Marianne
Marianne rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Jennifer D. Fetner
Jennifer D. Fetner rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2015
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Lanette Thornock
Lanette Thornock rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2015
Tracey
Tracey rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2015
Jason
Jason added it
Oct 06, 2015
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2015
Aszur Bauer
Aszur Bauer rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2015
Samantha  Davidson-Wlazlak
Samantha Davidson-Wlazlak rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015