Start by marking “Shojo Fashion Manga Art School, Year 2: Draw Modern Looks” as Want to Read:
Shojo Fashion Manga Art School, Year 2: Draw Modern Looks

Shojo Fashion Manga Art School, Year 2: Draw Modern Looks

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Draw Modern Looks! Expansion on the "Drawing Clothes" and "Cool Looks" chapters of "Shojo Fashion Manga Art School," this title shows beginning and intermediate artists how to dress and accessorize their shojo characters in stylish clothes and accessories to fit any occasion.Readers find modern looks and fashions for all the classic shojo graphic novel themes such as: high ...more
Published March 1st 2012 by Impact

To ask other readers questions about Shojo Fashion Manga Art School, Year 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shojo Fashion Manga Art School, Year 2

Samantha
To start off, this is a great book. Honestly it contains a lot of invaluable information relating to the drawing of clothes and styles. I love this book.

What I do not love is the ebook I purchased. I purchased the ebook from the Kobo website and I was sorely disappointed. For although the content was great there was a lot of stuff that just wasn't right. It is not uncommon to be missing images and occasionally the words in paragraphs were all mixed around.

I would recommend buying this book... I
Liz Staley
I picked this book up because it looked interesting, and a quick page through in the store made me want to take it home for a reference book. Honestly this is one of the best clothing in manga style books I have seen- and includes DIVERSE characters, every body type from skinny to hefty, in all sorts of clothing types. It's refreshing to see in a How to Draw Manga book!
Kit
This book is beautiful magic and actually bothers to include people other than the usual white, skinny, leggy looks that dominate every book in the genre. Bless you, Irene. Borrowed from the library, will be looking to purchase as soon as I can afford it. Until then, I plan to use all of my renewals to keep this baby in my sight.
Kate
Honestly, most sequels are rarely as good (or better) than the originals. But Year 2 here doesn't disappoint me. It may not have as much character designing as Year 1, but that doesn't deter. It now involves more fashion accessories, clothing details, and even a little on body language/movements with fashion. I see how the proportions are taken into account with the use of baggy or tight clothing. I feel this is a great addition to this ongoing art series.
May
I really liked this. It focuses almost solely on clothing, but it also touches on drawing different body types, ages, and poses, though not in much depth.

As a clothing reference, however, it's great. Which is what I wanted, so yay! It goes into ridiculous detail on almost every type of clothing, for both men and women, and both adults and kids. It's awesome. I love the detail.
Emily
Most inclusive (ethnicity, body type, age range, disability) HtD manga book I've ever seen, as well as having many excellent tips and examples of a wide variety of clothing styles.
Molly Mccprmocl
Molly Mccprmocl marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Vern
Vern marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Mallory
Mallory marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
FantasticArtDream
FantasticArtDream marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Munachiso
Munachiso is currently reading it
Jul 03, 2015
Tyreshiana monson adams
Tyreshiana monson adams marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Jeyzabelle Pilon
Jeyzabelle Pilon marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Ruthie
Ruthie marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Fábio Graça
Fábio Graça marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Leslie Bond
Leslie Bond marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Olly
Olly marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Asianna Edmondson
Asianna Edmondson marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Bre
Bre marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Irina
Irina marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Shojo Fashion Manga Art School: How to Draw Cool Looks and Characters Shojo Fashion Manga Art School: How to Draw Cool Looks and Characters Rising Stars Of Manga, Vol. 3 Shojo Fashion Manga Art School, Boys: How to Draw Cool Characters, Action Scenes and Modern Looks Mark of the Succubus, Volume 2