Start by marking “Your Artist's Brain: Use the Right Side of Your Brain to Draw and Paint What You See - Not What You Think You See” as Want to Read:

4.63 of 5 stars 4.63  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Overcome the obstacles to your artistic expression Improving your artwork can be as simple as learning how to trust your eyes. "Your Artist's Brain" shows you how to portray even the most complex subjects by focusing on what you really see - not what you think you see.

Expert art instructor Carl Purcell shows you how to overcome dependency on the "intellectual brain" and li...more
Unknown Binding, 210 pages
Published January 1st 2012 by Northlight (first published April 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Your Artist's Brain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Artist's Brain

Nick
Being a computer programmer, I am unfortunately almost completely disconnected with my right side. Copying drawings, trying step by step instructions, and even tracing, always leads me to terrible drawings.

This book, however, pin points the reasons why HEAD ON! Once are you are aware of why your drawings don't quite look right, they instantly start looking a lot less "not quite right".

Only 4 key points and you'll be a huge step forward in your drawing career. Of all the drawing books I've read,...more
Lisa
Absolutely loved this book! Full of great advice and improved how I do art. I highly recommend for anyone wanting to learn to draw or improve your realism.
Annette M.
Great book that diagnoses drawing problems and gives great tips for correcting problems. I learned a new measuring system for drawing and am am enjoying drawing more;although I still draw slowly.
Kassandra
Encourages a person to look beyond symbolism and embrace actual information in one's environment! Very informational! Available as an ebook as well!
Crystal
Crystal is currently reading it
Oct 20, 2014
Cristel Mol-dellepoort
Cristel Mol-dellepoort marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Dzenamir
Dzenamir marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Mary Keller
Mary Keller marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Leanne
Leanne marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Mariel
Mariel is currently reading it
Aug 09, 2014
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Janessa
Janessa marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Drawing with Your Artist's Brain: Learn to Draw What You See -- Not What You Think You See Painting with Your Artist's Brain: Learn to Paint What You See - Not What You Think You See Carl Purcell's Complete Guide to Travel Photography Guide to Travel Writing and Photography The Traveling Photographer