Start by marking “Your Artist's Brain: Use the Right Side of Your Brain to Draw and Paint What You See - Not What You Think You See” as Want to Read:

4.64 of 5 stars 4.64  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Overcome the obstacles to your artistic expression Improving your artwork can be as simple as learning how to trust your eyes. Your Artist's Brain shows you how to portray even the most complex subjects by focusing on what you really see not what you think you see. Expert art instructor Carl Purcell shows you how to overcome dependency on the "intellectual brain" and liste ...more
Published April 1st 2010 by Northlight

To ask other readers questions about Your Artist's Brain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Artist's Brain

Nick
Being a computer programmer, I am unfortunately almost completely disconnected with my right side. Copying drawings, trying step by step instructions, and even tracing, always leads me to terrible drawings.

This book, however, pin points the reasons why HEAD ON! Once are you are aware of why your drawings don't quite look right, they instantly start looking a lot less "not quite right".

Only 4 key points and you'll be a huge step forward in your drawing career. Of all the drawing books I've read,
Lisa
Absolutely loved this book! Full of great advice and improved how I do art. I highly recommend for anyone wanting to learn to draw or improve your realism.
Annette M.
Great book that diagnoses drawing problems and gives great tips for correcting problems. I learned a new measuring system for drawing and am am enjoying drawing more;although I still draw slowly.
Kassandra
Encourages a person to look beyond symbolism and embrace actual information in one's environment! Very informational! Available as an ebook as well!
Dure Sameen
Dure Sameen marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Morgane
Morgane marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Nathan Layte
Nathan Layte marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Arumfaerie
Arumfaerie marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Amy Bodie
Amy Bodie is currently reading it
Nov 19, 2014
Oriana Bedolla
Oriana Bedolla marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Sharon Roe
Sharon Roe is currently reading it
Nov 16, 2014
Nick Freeburg
Nick Freeburg marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Maxine
Maxine marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Elizabeth Boltuc
Elizabeth Boltuc is currently reading it
Nov 08, 2014
Veenu Jacob
Veenu Jacob marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Kernius
Kernius marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Crystal
Crystal is currently reading it
Oct 20, 2014
Cristel Mol-dellepoort
Cristel Mol-dellepoort marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Dzenamir
Dzenamir marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
 Mary Kay Keller, PhD
Mary Kay Keller, PhD marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Leanne
Leanne marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Drawing with Your Artist's Brain: Learn to Draw What You See -- Not What You Think You See Painting with Your Artist's Brain: Learn to Paint What You See - Not What You Think You See Carl Purcell's Complete Guide to Travel Photography Guide to Travel Writing and Photography The Traveling Photographer