Start by marking “Quilts from the House of Tula Pink: 20 Fabric Projects to Make, Use and Love” as Want to Read:
Quilts from the House of Tula Pink: 20 Fabric Projects to Make, Use and Love

Quilts from the House of Tula Pink: 20 Fabric Projects to Make, Use and Love

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  136 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Inspired fabrics and designs await you in "Quilts From the House of Tula Pink"!

Welcome to the world of cutting-edge fabric designer Tula Pink, where clever quilts show off fanciful fabric, and your imagination can be let out to play. Featuring fabrics that you know and love, Tula offers 20 patterns with her signature flair for color, design and original style. Between 10 a
Published February 21st 2012 by Krause Publications

To ask other readers questions about Quilts from the House of Tula Pink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quilts from the House of Tula Pink

Bry
Mar 21, 2012 Bry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crafts
This book is a fantastic addition to anyone's sewing library. It is full of beautiful photography, insightful tips and tricks for faster/easier sewing, lovely and creative projects, and COLOR!

The directions are accompanied by hand drawn illustrations. The projects have easy to understand directions and explanations. But the best part of the book is the stories behind the quilting of the quilts. The quilting is not meant to be just the final step in making a quilt, or meant to take a back seat t
Kathleen
Just not my type of quilts.
Kelly Smith
I am a huge fan of Tula Pink. I just felt there was a weird disconnect with this book. I loved reading about how she designs her fabrics and she is so helpful when it comes to color theory. I would have loved a book that explored that more in depth. I felt the projects didn't really fit in with the rest of the book and didn't showcase her gorgeous fabrics that well. I would have been fine with no projects and more inspiration quilts.
Louise Sander
Aug 07, 2014 Louise Sander rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This woman is a creative genius. Look at quilt websites, and you'll see lots of Tula "wanna-bes." Just finished one of these to rave reviews. Simple but a lot of work, totally worth it.
arlene h engel
Dec 25, 2014 arlene h engel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy Quilt Patterns

Tulane Pinks book is great. The patterns are easy and fun, vintage but modern. She gives lots of help and suggestions. Love the book!
Katie
I would like to make the houndstooth quilt from this book.
Ashley
Aug 01, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the raindrop pattern! All of them were pretty awesome.
Sarahanne
Oct 22, 2015 Sarahanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OK - it's Tula Pink and I'm a TOTAL fangirl. Setting that aside (sorta) this is a good quilting book. In my mind, if a book has at least 2 quilts that I want to make RIGHT NOW, it's pretty good. If the instructions are clear, it's really good. Add in a nice layout, great colors, and paper that is pleasant to touch, and you get an AWESOME quilting book.

Having an autographed copy straight from Tula Pink's hands? Swoon.
Carole
Mar 18, 2012 Carole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are some clever pointers in here, for example her instructons on binding are the clearest I've seen, the actual free motion or longarm quilting is magnificent, and the steps in fabric design were interesting. The quilts are semi-abstract and only so-so, though, so I probably won't make any of them. But I do like her fabric regardless and will keep an eye out for new releases.
Janeen K
Jan 28, 2013 Janeen K rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quilting
Library Book: Watched Tula Pink on Sewing with Nancy Show and loved her quilts. The book is also fabulous. diffidently would make some of her designs. Very easy, modern style. Love the colors May consider getting the Sewing with Nancy dvd & Tula Pink Book.
Debra
May 20, 2013 Debra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really great book from the fabulous Tula Pink. Features beautiful, modern quilt projects, all embued with the author's style. Highly recommended for the modern quilt lover, although not a book I will purchase for my own collection.
Caro
Jul 20, 2013 Caro rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gorgeous fabrics, and I've clipped her directions for the Jack in the beanstalk pattern, but to be honest I had forgotten about this soon after reading. Pleasant but not memorable.
Julia
Sep 15, 2013 Julia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quilting
Just not my style. Great photos though, and love love love her quilt Grand Salon.
Incredible fabrics too.
Lesabeth Romans-barclay
Will keep in my craft room! Lots of wonderful ideas for projects, plus great instructions.
Tisha
Oct 07, 2012 Tisha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was ok, but definitely nothing I was super interested in.
Rachel
Aug 25, 2013 Rachel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
meh

Use of a nice quilting pattern that looks like wood grain.
Jocelynne Broderick
May 22, 2013 Jocelynne Broderick marked it as crafts  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buy
Found some projects I like so I may end up buying this book.
Beth
Nov 19, 2012 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crafty
Beautiful.
Ruth Sweet
Ruth Sweet rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Eileen Anders
Eileen Anders rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
J
J rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2016
Barb
Barb added it
Jan 18, 2016
Teresa Banks
Teresa Banks marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Kimberley
Kimberley rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Jill Gardner
Jill Gardner is currently reading it
Jan 15, 2016
Sinta Renee
Sinta Renee rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
Ashley
Ashley is currently reading it
Jan 03, 2016
Tammy Meyer
Tammy Meyer rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2016
  • The Practical Guide to Patchwork: New Basics for the Modern Quiltmaker: 12 Quilt Projects
  • Modern Log Cabin Quilting: 25 Simple Quilts and Patchwork Projects
  • Dare to Be Square Quilting: A Block-By-Block Guide to Making Patchwork and Quilts
  • Scrap Therapy Cut the Scraps!: 7 Steps to Quilting Your Way through Your Stash
  • Sunday Morning Quilts: 16 Modern Scrap Projects Sort, Store, and Use Every Last Bit of Your Treasured Fabrics
  • Jelly Roll Quilts: The Perfect Guide to Making the Most of the Latest Strip Rolls
  • Material Obsession Two: Shared Inspiration
  • The Modern Quilt Workshop: Patterns, Techniques, and Designs from the FunQuilts Studio
  • Quilting Modern: Techniques and Projects for Improvisational Quilts
  • I Love Patchwork
  • Denyse Schmidt Quilts: 30 Colorful Quilt and Patchwork Projects
  • Fresh Quilting: Fearless Color, Design, & Inspiration
  • Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters: Choose & Use Quilting Designs on Modern Quilts
  • 1, 2, 3 Sew: Build Your Skills with 33 Simple Sewing Projects