Start by marking “Totally Tubular '80s Toys” as Want to Read:
Totally Tubular '80s Toys

Totally Tubular '80s Toys

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  53 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Filled with super rad toys and bodacious memories, Totally Tubular '80s Toys is a righteous ride back in time when Madonna ruled and Spinal Tap amplifiers went to 11. You'll find everything from He-Man to Cabbage Patch Kids, Trivial Pursuit to Rubik's Cube, Transformers to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Pac-Man to Mario Bros Donkey Kong-as well as lots of fun and smiles ...more
Published May 14th 2014 by Krause Publications (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Totally Tubular '80s Toys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Totally Tubular '80s Toys

Todd Coopee
Published in 2010, Totally Tubular ’80s Toys highlights a decade of the toy industry that was characterized by synergistic tie-ins to companion movie franchises, television shows, and books. Author Mark Bellomo has organized the book chronologically, reviewing a selection of toys that came out in each year of the decade. In addition, a section entitled “Entertainment-O-Rama” provides lists of the top 10 TV shows, movies, and music of the day.

The book is big (256 pages) and chock full of color ph
Maria
Aug 03, 2011 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pop-culture
Totally Tubular '80s Toys by toy expert Mark Bellomo (Krause Publications, 2010) is, so far, the most complete 1980s toy bible on the market. When I spotted this hefty hardcover and viewed a few pages, I knew this was the 1980s book I had been searching for.

Totally Tubular did a lot of things right where earlier volumes that sought to tackle the same overwhelming subject failed. First, it divided the decade up by year which created a sense of organization that other books I've read lacked. Each
Aimee
Kind of fun but also kind of disappointing. It was engagingly written but seemed to concentrate too heavily on toys based on cartoons and movies. A bit too geeky, I'm afraid.
Amy
Nov 22, 2010 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great trip down memory lane for some of the best toys and stuff of the 80's ... Arcade Mania -- Atari -- Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros and more! There's also puffy stickers, Trivial Pursuit, Speak & Spell, E.T., Chia Pets, Smurfs, Simon and more!

Another fabulous aspect of this book is that each year is the start of a new chapter, e.g. 1983 and at the start of each chapter is a list of the best movies, music and television for that year. Boy, did that bring back memories!
Keith Johnson
Jul 01, 2012 Keith Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great nostalgic coffee table book. I got it for $7 in the bargain section of my local Barnes and Noble. I don't think it's quite worth the hefty $30 price tag, but for $7, and as a child of the '80's, it was definitely worth the price. Gonna be sitting on my coffee table for years to come.
tom
Jan 18, 2013 tom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was a gift from my cousin Neil. I had a blast reading it and remembering the toys of my childhood. Great fun and easy to read.
Emily
Jan 09, 2011 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just awesome!! Ecpecially for toy collectors, like my boyfriend and I.
Bought this for him for christmas!
Craig
Aug 18, 2011 Craig rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful nostalgia. I only wish it had even more detail on the background of each line.
todd bauguess
todd bauguess rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Trevor
Trevor added it
Jan 17, 2016
Andy
Andy rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Renee Parsons
Renee Parsons rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2015
James Steiger
James Steiger is currently reading it
Nov 21, 2015
Maria
Maria rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Eliz
Eliz rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2015
Bookwhore Extraordinaire!
Bookwhore Extraordinaire! rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2015
Brittany Kay
Brittany Kay rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2015
Michael Nelissen
Michael Nelissen marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Adam
Adam rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2015
Brad Hennigan
Brad Hennigan rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2015
Jen
Jen rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2015
juan botero
juan botero marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Heather D Boblett
Heather D Boblett rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2014
Andrew
Andrew added it
Nov 07, 2014
Angela Ruggiero
Angela Ruggiero rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2014
Andrew
Andrew rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2014