Start by marking “The Visionary Christian” as Want to Read:
The Visionary Christian

The Visionary Christian

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Culled from some of C.S. Lewis's finest fiction and poetry, this collection of writings explores the eternal truths of Christianity in the accessible language of allegory, fairy tales, dream visions, and science fiction. From his children's classic The Chronicles of Narnia to the wisdom of Screwtape on marriage, democracy, and heaven, Lewis's literary imagination and extra ...more
Published August 1st 1984 by Scribner Book Company (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about The Visionary Christian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Visionary Christian

Michael
This is a look at many aspects of the human condition through excerpts of CS Lewis's fantasy and sci-fi writings.

It gives you just enough of a taste to want to read the entire books this book samples from..so be careful;)
Joanna
This book of excerpts from C.S. Lewis' other fictional writings may be great if you have already read those, but I need context. I had a hard time with it.
Tracy
I can't read this anymore.. I need to read the full texts. I get just a taste and then it's over. I'm starting with the chronicles, but I know I'll have to choose some straight up C.S. Lewis theology to read along with the fantasies. I just can't choose where to start... so many selections!
Pat
Oct 03, 2009 Pat marked it as part-read-on-hold  ·  review of another edition
Once upon a time, KU paid me to go to school. I could have saved money to buy a house. Or fed a lot of people. Instead, I bought books. Including books consisting almost entirely of excerpts of other books which I already owned. Good thing the story doesn't end here!
Linda Horn
This is an excellent book. It's a good read for beginners to C.S. Lewis because its succinct.
Ron
An anthology of Lewis's imaginative writings.
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
John
John marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Flippyeve
Flippyeve marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Danie Williams-Rivera
Danie Williams-Rivera marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Celine
Celine marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Elisa Aquino
Elisa Aquino marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Mae
Mae marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Ching Chan
Ching Chan marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Marenda Jordan
Marenda Jordan marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Ashleey Kldt
Ashleey Kldt marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Rosie
Rosie marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Monica Lee
Monica Lee marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • C.S. Lewis: Mere Christian, Fourth Edition
  • The Road to Daybreak: A Spiritual Journey
  • Honest to God?: Becoming an Authentic Christian
  • 131 Christians Everyone Should Know
  • Paul for Everyone Romans: Part One Chapters 1-8
  • What If Jesus Had Never Been Born? The Positive Impact of Christianity in History
  • Hidden  (Left Behind: The Kids, #9-12)
  • The Tragedy of American Compassion
  • The Complete Works of Francis A. Schaeffer: A Christian Worldview (5 Volume Set)
  • Following the Light of Christ into His Presence
  • History in English Words
  • How Evil Works: Understanding and Overcoming the Destructive Forces That Are Transforming America
  • The Next Christians: The Good News About the End of Christian America
  • Pursuing Justice: The Call to Live & Die for Bigger Things
  • The Christian Life: A Doctrinal Introduction
  • Wide Awake
  • The Present Future: Six Tough Questions for the Church
  • A Community Called Atonement
CLIVE STAPLES LEWIS (1898–1963) was one of the intellectual giants of the twentieth century and arguably one of the most influential writers of his day. He was a Fellow and Tutor in English Literature at Oxford University until 1954. He was unanimously elected to the Chair of Medieval and Renaissance Literature at Cambridge University, a position he held until his retirement. He wrote more than th ...more
More about C.S. Lewis...
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) The Chronicles of Narnia (Chronicles of Narnia, #1-7) The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Chronicles of Narnia, #3) The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #6) Prince Caspian (Chronicles of Narnia, #2)