Start by marking “The Visionary Christian” as Want to Read:
The Visionary Christian

The Visionary Christian

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Culled from some of C.S. Lewis's finest fiction and poetry, this collection of writings explores the eternal truths of Christianity in the accessible language of allegory, fairy tales, dream visions, and science fiction. From his children's classic The Chronicles of Narnia to the wisdom of Screwtape on marriage, democracy, and heaven, Lewis's literary imagination and extra ...more
Published August 1st 1984 by Scribner Book Company (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about The Visionary Christian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Visionary Christian

Michael
This is a look at many aspects of the human condition through excerpts of CS Lewis's fantasy and sci-fi writings.

It gives you just enough of a taste to want to read the entire books this book samples from..so be careful;)
Joanna
This book of excerpts from C.S. Lewis' other fictional writings may be great if you have already read those, but I need context. I had a hard time with it.
Tracy
I can't read this anymore.. I need to read the full texts. I get just a taste and then it's over. I'm starting with the chronicles, but I know I'll have to choose some straight up C.S. Lewis theology to read along with the fantasies. I just can't choose where to start... so many selections!
Pat
Oct 03, 2009 Pat marked it as part-read-on-hold  ·  review of another edition
Once upon a time, KU paid me to go to school. I could have saved money to buy a house. Or fed a lot of people. Instead, I bought books. Including books consisting almost entirely of excerpts of other books which I already owned. Good thing the story doesn't end here!
Linda Horn
This is an excellent book. It's a good read for beginners to C.S. Lewis because its succinct.
Ron
An anthology of Lewis's imaginative writings.
Celine
Celine marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Elisa Aquino
Elisa Aquino marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Mae
Mae marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Ching Chan
Ching Chan marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Marenda Jordan
Marenda Jordan marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Ashleey Kldt
Ashleey Kldt marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Rosie
Rosie marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Monica Lee
Monica Lee marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Joy Lotts
Joy Lotts marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Joshua Carroll
Joshua Carroll is currently reading it
Jun 04, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Andrea Cardenas
Andrea Cardenas marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
JenWinEd
JenWinEd marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • C.S. Lewis: Mere Christian, Fourth Edition
  • The Road to Daybreak: A Spiritual Journey
  • Honest to God?: Becoming an Authentic Christian
  • Shaken (Left Behind: The Kids, #23-25)
  • 131 Christians Everyone Should Know
  • Rescued (Left Behind: The Kids, #13-16)
  • The Complete Works of Francis A. Schaeffer: A Christian Worldview (5 Volume Set)
  • Paul for Everyone Romans: Part Two Chapters 9-16
  • What If Jesus Had Never Been Born? The Positive Impact of Christianity in History
  • The Gospel According to Jesus: What Does Jesus Mean When He Says "Follow Me"?
  • Following the Light of Christ into His Presence
  • The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments and Other Rites and Ceremonies of the Church
  • Max on Life: Answers and Insights to Your Most Important Questions
  • Wide Awake
  • The Tragedy of American Compassion
  • The Next Christians: The Good News About the End of Christian America
  • The Present Future: Six Tough Questions for the Church
  • History in English Words
CLIVE STAPLES LEWIS (1898–1963) was one of the intellectual giants of the twentieth century and arguably one of the most influential writers of his day. He was a Fellow and Tutor in English Literature at Oxford University until 1954. He was unanimously elected to the Chair of Medieval and Renaissance Literature at Cambridge University, a position he held until his retirement. He wrote more than th ...more
More about C.S. Lewis...
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) The Chronicles of Narnia (Chronicles of Narnia, #1-7) The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Chronicles of Narnia, #3) The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #6) Prince Caspian (Chronicles of Narnia, #2)