Start by marking “Listography Journal: Your Life in Lists” as Want to Read:
Listography Journal: Your Life in Lists

Listography Journal: Your Life in Lists

List-makers rejoice! This quirky and imaginative guided journal is the ultimate tool for creating a unique autobiography entirely in list form. Some lists are obvious (greatest accomplishments, best friends, favorite food), others obscure (guiltiest pleasures, greatest acts of kindness, personal fashion trends), and each list is accompanied by hilarious illustrations.Listo ...more
Published September 20th 2007 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Listography Journal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Listography Journal

lia
Jul 18, 2008 lia rated it liked it
This book is for someone who likes lists. I love lists and so, this book appealed to me. It's essentially a blank book, with list titles for you to fill out your own entries. Unfortunately I have made one of these already for myself, that I add new list topics to all the time. My current favorite is a list of things you don't turn your back on (near the top are roasting pine nuts and the ocean). So this book is more for people who don't already have their list ideas worked out or who need sugges ...more
Eva
Sep 01, 2014 Eva rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I am someone who has lists for absolutely everything. I list the Bands I've seen live, the countries I've visited, everyone I ever kissed, the amount of money I spend everyday, daily To Do lists, lists of all the books I ever read (this is actually the list I held the longest), lists of movies I have seen and still want to see,… So I'd say from myself that I enjoy making lists way too much!
Now when I discovered this book, I was like "I need this book immediately!". Having it standing in my books
bookyeti
Nov 02, 2008 bookyeti rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, reviewed, for-fun
Paradise for the list enthusiast

Do you have a list for just about everything and anything? Ever had dreams of penning an autobiography? Listography Journal offers a fun alternative to the run-of-the-mill diary. Author Lisa Nola and illustrator Nathaniel Russell have teamed up to create a fun way of recording information about yourself – a veritable life in lists!

The tangible companion to the popular website, Listography.com, the book will get you well on your way to keeping track of life’s big (
Sonya
Aug 12, 2013 Sonya rated it really liked it
As a lifelong list maker, I love the concept of this book; a place to put all of my lists into one, organized place, as opposed to scattered all over the house and written on various types and sizes of paper - so why didn't I think of this? The only drawbacks I can see to this book are that some of the lists either do not pertain to me or don't have enough room on them. The good news is that listography has a web site where you can create your own personalized lists.
Lynda
Dec 05, 2009 Lynda rated it it was amazing
I liked this so much I gave several as holiday gifts. I love writing. Listmaking has been a favorite of mine for years. So this book was perfect for me.
Samadhi
Apr 12, 2013 Samadhi marked it as to-read
This book is me. Lists are my life - really need to purchase a copy.
Jan 14, 2017 Laura rated it it was ok
I got my husband to get this book for me after days spent ill in bed and I wanted something to do. I'm obsessed with writing lists so thought this would be heaven. It's kind of ok, it is entertaining but it could be so much better and a lot of the list titles are really similar. I haven't finished all the lists yet, I've just done the ones I was interested in, maybe I'll get more out of it when I go back to it.
Glenda Lynne
Mar 26, 2016 Glenda Lynne rated it it was amazing
I'm kind of a list maniac, so this book is right in my wheelhouse. It's so much fun, with such a huge variety of topics that it will keep me occupied for a long time, I'm sure. Sometimes I stick with one list, and other times, I skip around from one page to another. The interesting thing is how these lists have stimulated so many forgotten memories and also provided fodder for more detailed projects. In fact, you could do a journal for each list, or write a story for each list! Or they could be ...more
Monica
Jul 15, 2015 Monica rated it really liked it
Eso es, tu vida mediante listas: grandes miedos, libros favoritos, cosas malas que hiciste cuando eras pequeño, tus mascotas, hogares, recuerdos de las personas con las que has trabajado, personas que más has querido, tus primeras veces...y lo pones tú, cosas que desearías hacer por segunda vez si tuviese ocasión.
No están todos los que son pero sí todos los que están. CUADERNO BASTANTE COMPLETO CON EL QUE DEJAR UNA IDEA DE TU PERSONA MEDIANTE LISTAS MUY GRÁFICAS A TUS SERES QUERIDOS..O TAMBIÉN P
Melanie
Nov 19, 2014 Melanie rated it liked it
The idea of this book is actually rather interesting: it works almost like a diary. In each page you'll find a theme like "list your favorite songs" or "list your favorite movies" or "list all the places where you lived" and things like that, and all you have to do is fill the pages with things about your life. However, it didn't really work for me, since I have a relatively stagnant life. But for people who live their lives in its fullest, this book may be an interesting for to take notes on th ...more
Shelby Murrell
Jan 13, 2015 Shelby Murrell rated it it was amazing
I find writing lists an escapism. It allows me to direct my thoughts on positive things without letting negative energy seep through. Sometimes I do need that helping hand with what lists to write, so this was perfect. I add to each list regularly, and it will also be interesting to look back on in years to come. I want to invest in the Literature listography as I found my favorite lists to write were those associated with books and authors.
Elizabeth
Oct 29, 2007 Elizabeth rated it liked it
I saw this at the bookstore this week, and had three observations: 1.) I really liked the weight/material the cover was made with, as well as the cover illustration 2.) I really like the concept of a book where you write your own lists and 3.) I did not particularly like the artwork throughout. Needless to say, I did not buy it : )
Arina
Jan 01, 2016 Arina rated it liked it
First I bought this journal when I thought it would be fun to list my favorite things about past but after a while I got really bored of it and I thought I'm not a person who would like past as much as I like the future.
Chris
Sep 14, 2011 Chris rated it liked it
The idea for this journal is great, especially if you're able to take any topic and run with it. However, some of the brainstorming topic suggestions are so out there, that not all of my gift recipients were able to have as much fun as I thought with this book.
Janet
May 25, 2015 Janet rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for personal assessment. It allows you to list your travels and explorations and gives ideas for variety within your explorations. Recommend to everyone. It is a continuing project.
Manda
Mar 04, 2008 Manda rated it it was amazing
This is a cute book. I am always making lists of all kinds so it was nice to get insight on other's personal lists.
Meghan
Jun 03, 2008 Meghan rated it it was amazing
This book/journal is great for anyone who loves to make lists. There are all sorts of inspiring list titles that really make you think and reflect. Perfect for an introspective moment.
Jessica Bolaños Vanegas
Dec 17, 2015 Jessica Bolaños Vanegas rated it it was amazing
Love this book. Love writing lists when my brain is fried after a long day and on the weekends when I can't take work anymore. Try it. You'll love it.
Inga
Sep 14, 2013 Inga rated it really liked it
Shelves: stuff
Not really a book of course.
But a lovely pastime if you like making lists and enjoy thinking about things you like or did or want to do.
Caroline Cassia
Caroline Cassia rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2014
taylor
taylor rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2010
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2015
Nikcap
Nikcap rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2014
Tendril
Tendril rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2014
Tracy Mcbax
Tracy Mcbax rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Katharine
Katharine rated it liked it
May 08, 2016
Colleen Whyte
Colleen Whyte rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2015
Emilysmithyolo99hotmail.Com
Emilysmithyolo99hotmail.Com rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Nour Sadat
Nour Sadat rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2013
Anna Livi Sheppard
Anna Livi Sheppard rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2015
  • List Your Self: Listmaking as the Way to Self-Discovery
  • The Happy Book: A Journal to Celebrate What Makes You Happy
  • Mess: The Manual of Accidents and Mistakes
  • To-Do List: From Buying Milk to Finding a Soul Mate, What Our Lists Reveal About Us
  • 642 Things to Write About
  • All About Me
  • One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book
  • What I Wore Today
  • 52 Projects: Random Acts of Everyday Creativity (Perigee Book)
  • 365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!
  • I Was Here: A Travel Journal for the Curious Minded
  • Let's Make Some Great Art
  • The Wish List
  • Take a Line for a Walk: A Creativity Journal
  • The Awe-manac: A Daily Dose of Wonder
  • Everything Is Going to Be OK
I have been creating lists for years and I began to notice that most of them were autobiographical in nature. I would often come across a memory, like running into it on the street, and tell myself "I've really got to write that down" before it's gone for good. Making an autobiographical list is somewhat like meditating. You have to still your mind and hone in on a time period and let it recall wh ...more
More about Lisa Nola...