Start by marking “The Essence of Jung's Psychology and Tibetan Buddhism: Western and Eastern Paths to the Heart” as Want to Read:

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  2 reviews
The Essence of Jung's Psychology and Tibetan Buddhism cuts to the heart of two very different yet remarkably similar traditions. The author touches on many of their major ideas: the collective unconscious and karma, archetypes and deities, the analyst and the spiritual friend, and mandalas. Within Tibetan Buddhism she focuses on tantra and relates its emphasis on spiritual ...more
Published May 22nd 2012 by Wisdom Publications (first published June 1st 2002)

Be the first to ask a question about The Essence of Jung's Psychology and Tibetan Buddhism

Nick Mather
This is more of a long essay than an actual book. It doesn't go too in depth in either Jungian psychology or Tibetan Buddhism, rather it offers a brief overview of both. There are some interesting comparisons and differences to be made and I'd liketo see something more in depth. At times I found the writig a bit too simplistic, but this is a good book to start with if you are interested in Jung and Tibetan Buddhism.
Bridgett
It was nice seeing an easy to read comparison between Jung's ideas of individuation and Tibetan Buddhism's enlightenment/illumination. I'm trying to apply more Eastern concepts to my life (like mindfulness) so I feel more balanced, but I also really relate to Jung's ideas in psychology.
Jack Henrie
Jack Henrie is currently reading it
Jan 22, 2015
Matt Beam
Matt Beam marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
İsmail Kırtıllı
İsmail Kırtıllı marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Minamanjari
Minamanjari marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Sdaerdoog
Sdaerdoog marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Gordon Bermant
Gordon Bermant is currently reading it
Jun 04, 2014
Ameliedanjou
Ameliedanjou is currently reading it
May 14, 2014
Cyn Rutter
Cyn Rutter marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Zane
Zane marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Jung's Psychology and Tibetan Buddhism: Western and Eastern Paths to the Heart (Wisdom East-West Book) Dos caminos hacia el corazón