Start by marking “Iced (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #3)” as Want to Read:
Iced  (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #3)

Iced (Regan Reilly Mystery #3)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  1,973 ratings  ·  80 reviews
Solving A Crime at A Ski Resort can be All Downhill! P.I. Regan Reilly has high hopes for her Aspen vacation. But a mystery soon has the chic detective snooping rather than skiing. Million-dollar paintings have been disappearing, and an old friend of Regan's-a folksy ex-con named Eben Bean-has vanished too. Everyone except Regan believes Eben has gone bad...again. Her hunt ...more
Published June 1st 1996 by Grand Central Publishing (first published January 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Iced, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Iced

Heather
I bought this book for our family's recent trip to Washington State. I didn't have time to read it during our trip, and afterward I had a hard time getting into it.

When I finally had the time to read it, the book really whizzed by. It was a really interesting read with a couple of surprising twists. Having read a lot of books, I'm not easily surprised, or rather, not easily majorly surprised, but this book did just that.

The only thing I'd wish the author would do is go into more depth into the m
Georgie
Another great entry in the Regan Reilly series. Regan is on vacation with her folks (Nora and Luke) and her friend Kit, in Aspen. There's a string of art thefts, including a theft from the home of the Reillys' friends the Woods. Everyone believes that the Woods' caretaker, Eben, is the thief, but Regan isn't so sure...

'Iced' is a great little mystery, although the readers find out who the real thieves are almost immediately, the thrill lies in whether Regan is going to track them down, and in th
Monica
I forgot all about this series. I haven't read one of the Regan Reilly mysteries in years. Iced was located in Aspen just around the Christmas Holiday.

Some paintings are stolen and one of the help is suspected of orchestrating the theft. He is missing and everyone assumes he left town.

Regan doesn't believe that the person who everyone suspects actually heisted the paintings because of certain things that she notices, such as; freezing food, not taking all his belongings, just little things lik
Bea
I do not think I have ever read one of Carol Higgins Clark's books before. If I did, it was long ago. I used to be a fan of Mary Higgins Clark, her mother, until I overdosed on her books and moved onto other authors.

Yet, when a challenge required a one-word title, I decided to give Carol Higgins Clark a try. Pleasant surprise. She tells a really good tale. I will read more of her books, I am sure.

Iced tells the story of Regan Reilly's vacation to Aspen. She is a PI who goes with her parents to
Terrie
ok for YA. Fun, fast.
This is what I think about Carol Higgins Clark: Her plots are great. Her characters are quirky or smart alecks or self-obsessed, but not well rounded. There is plenty of action, but no drama, nothing tense, emotional, and nobody that I really care about. Regan Reilly (the private investigator star of this series) is arrogant and annoying. Carol does have some writing potential, but she is NOT her mother. If you want to read a mystery that will have lots of characters that yo
C.C. Thomas
This is book #3 in this series and while I enjoyed the first two, this one just left me cold. This is a cozy mystery so I knew not to expect hard-hitting crime, but still, there should be something that felt dangerous or thrilling. There just wasn't. This book was awkward and felt amateurish at times. There were very cheesy jokes, cheesy dialogue and even a cheesy plot. As a reader, you are aware the whole time that this is a book; none of it felt remotely real.

Reagain Reilley, a private investi
Christyn
Iced suffers from some of the same things the previous two books did, including little character development, the sometimes useless/unnecessary multiple point of views and of course being set while Regan is on 'vacation'. I will say that Regan did more investigating in this book in the previous two - though still not enough for me to accept her as a good P.I. We're told she's experienced but she still comes off as being more amateur - she asks questions, but at times didn't pursue what even I co ...more
Nancy
I enjoy Carol Higgins Clark's writing. Her books are on the light side, and easy enjoyable reads. This is an earlier book by Carol. Regan was married in the other books I have read. She and her friend, Kit, are single in this book, and they are looking for men, when Regan learns of artwork that has been stolen. She doesn't believe the man who is thought to have committed the crime, is guilty. Nice light read.
Nolan
If you need proof that mysteries can be written without reliance on lots of gratuitous sex or unnecessary profanity, this author provides that proof. Amateur leuth Regan Reilly comes across throughout this series as a genuinely nice person despite her somewhat privileged upbringing. In this book, she must find out who is stealing works of art from homes in Aspen dring the Christmas season. To make matters worse, the main suspect in the thievery seems to be a caretaker she recommended for the job ...more
Carol
Carol's books are lighter than her mother's, and I love both, depending on my mood. I also enjoy the sense of humor Carol instills in her stories. I thought this was one of her better stories.
Jessi
There is something comforting about reading Carol Higgins Clark. Pretty much the same thing every time. Three or four stories that end up being intertwined. Since each part of the story is only 6-10 pages long, the books are generally a fairly swift, incredibly light, highly enjoyable read. This book, of course, is no different.
Regan Reilly is going on vacation, with her famous author mother and funeral home director father, to Aspen. When she arrives, there have been paintings stolen (blamed on
A-n-n-e
I couldn't finish this book. The writing style and characters both left me feeling I was reading an amateur attempt at writing a murder mystery.
LuAnn
I always enjoy a story by this author. Her tales are filled with fun and a slight touch of humor, even in her most serious books.
This is another book based on Private Investigator Regan Reilly. She finally decides to take a much-needed vacation, only to once again be caught up in a mystery. Of course, everyone thinks one particular person has stolen a display of priceless paintings … except Regan. And even though the suspect has a criminal background, Regan believes that, in this case, he’s inno
Lynne
Fun mysteries. Regan is on Christmas vacation with her parents and becomes involved in the theft of some million dollar paintings.
Patti
I wouldn't spend my time reading this author again. Not bad, just "eh."
The Visual
Confusing cast of characters...too many players in the storyline...
Rob
Aspen Art Theft (Reagan Reilly) 7 of 10
Mimi
Fun read, typical Carol Higgins Clark.
Desislava
Light, enjoyable read, set in Aspen.
Joyce McKune
Funny , enjoyable summer read!
Teresa B
Mar 16, 2010 Teresa B rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYonem especially if you like art or skiing
Iced will melt any qualms you may have about mysteries! As I am reading Carol Higgins Clark's Regan Reilly books in order I find they keep getting better. Humor, danger, romance (between characters you would not expect!) and many hidden twists come together in the telling of this tale.

Set in Aspen, Iced tells the story behind a series of high profile art heists, while introducing the reader to a cast full of characters whose motives are not all that they seem.

Next stop for me: Twanged (book 4 in
Kristen
In the third installment of Carol Higgins Clark's Regan Reilly PI series, Iced, Regan was ready to tackle another case. This time around, she was on her Aspen vacation at a ski resort. When she rather be skiing, a mystery of million-dollar paintings had come to her attention. And everyone believed one of her friends, who was an ex-con, had gone bad again, except for Regan. He had disappeared as well. It was now up to her to hunt him down and learn new secrets behind the painting. Can she find hi ...more
Elizabeth Padro
Always fun to read!
Nicole
Jun 26, 2015 Nicole marked it as to-read
have
Julie
Great story! Surprise ending that you'll never see coming!
Dan
This has been a good and quick read. I like the plot, characters and the way it has been put together.

This is a good clean book with a mystery/suspense plot that I enjoyed and I think I can recommend this book to our 9 year old daughter. The plot is clean, refreshing and even has a couple good twists to it.

I am really starting to like Regan Rielly. I have one more to read and may start looking for others.
Melissa
Horrible! The book may be good, but I couldn't stand listening to this. I hate to say it, but Carol Higgins Clark should stick to writing and leave the narration to someone else. She was so difficult to listen to. I have no idea if the book would have been good had I read it -- but now I'm not even willing to try.
George
Typical Regan Reilly, LA private investigator, mystery. There's the usual humor and several intertwined plots in which everything comes together at the end. This mystery involves art thieves in Aspen during ski season, stolen art, missing people, and the opening of a new restaurant.
  • Santa Cruise: A Holiday Mystery at Sea
  • Lights Out Tonight (KEY News, #9)
  • Aunt Dimity: Detective (An Aunt Dimity Mystery, #7)
Carol Higgins Clark (1956– ) is an American mystery author. She is also the daughter of author Mary Higgins Clark , with whom she has co-authored novels, and the former sister-in-law of author Mary Jane Clark.

Born in New York City, Clark received her B.A. from Mount Holyoke College in 1978 and then studied acting at the Beverly Hills Playhouse. She is the author of the Regan Reilly mystery series.
More about Carol Higgins Clark...

Regan Reilly Mystery (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Decked (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #1)
  • Snagged (Regan Reilly Mystery, #2)
  • Twanged (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #4)
  • Fleeced (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #5)
  • Jinxed (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #6)
  • Popped (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #7)
  • Burned (Regan Reilly Mystery, #8)
  • Hitched (Regan Reilly Mystery, #9)
  • Laced (Regan Reilly Mystery, #10)
  • Zapped (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #11)
Decked (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #1) Hitched (Regan Reilly Mystery, #9) Snagged (Regan Reilly Mystery, #2) Laced (Regan Reilly Mystery, #10) Jinxed (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #6)