Iced  (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #3)

Iced (Regan Reilly Mystery #3)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  1,661 ratings  ·  58 reviews
Solving A Crime at A Ski Resort can be All Downhill! P.I. Regan Reilly has high hopes for her Aspen vacation. But a mystery soon has the chic detective snooping rather than skiing. Million-dollar paintings have been disappearing, and an old friend of Regan's-a folksy ex-con named Eben Bean-has vanished too. Everyone except Regan believes Eben has gone bad...again. Her hunt...more
Published June 1st 1996 by Grand Central Publishing (first published January 1st 1985)

Bea
I do not think I have ever read one of Carol Higgins Clark's books before. If I did, it was long ago. I used to be a fan of Mary Higgins Clark, her mother, until I overdosed on her books and moved onto other authors.

Yet, when a challenge required a one-word title, I decided to give Carol Higgins Clark a try. Pleasant surprise. She tells a really good tale. I will read more of her books, I am sure.

Iced tells the story of Regan Reilly's vacation to Aspen. She is a PI who goes with her parents to...more
Terrie
ok for YA. Fun, fast.
This is what I think about Carol Higgins Clark: Her plots are great. Her characters are quirky or smart alecks or self-obsessed, but not well rounded. There is plenty of action, but no drama, nothing tense, emotional, and nobody that I really care about. Regan Reilly (the private investigator star of this series) is arrogant and annoying. Carol does have some writing potential, but she is NOT her mother. If you want to read a mystery that will have lots of characters that yo...more
C.C. Thomas
This is book #3 in this series and while I enjoyed the first two, this one just left me cold. This is a cozy mystery so I knew not to expect hard-hitting crime, but still, there should be something that felt dangerous or thrilling. There just wasn't. This book was awkward and felt amateurish at times. There were very cheesy jokes, cheesy dialogue and even a cheesy plot. As a reader, you are aware the whole time that this is a book; none of it felt remotely real.

Reagain Reilley, a private investi...more
Christyn
Iced suffers from some of the same things the previous two books did, including little character development, the sometimes useless/unnecessary multiple point of views and of course being set while Regan is on 'vacation'. I will say that Regan did more investigating in this book in the previous two - though still not enough for me to accept her as a good P.I. We're told she's experienced but she still comes off as being more amateur - she asks questions, but at times didn't pursue what even I co...more
Nancy
I enjoy Carol Higgins Clark's writing. Her books are on the light side, and easy enjoyable reads. This is an earlier book by Carol. Regan was married in the other books I have read. She and her friend, Kit, are single in this book, and they are looking for men, when Regan learns of artwork that has been stolen. She doesn't believe the man who is thought to have committed the crime, is guilty. Nice light read.
Nolan
If you need proof that mysteries can be written without reliance on lots of gratuitous sex or unnecessary profanity, this author provides that proof. Amateur leuth Regan Reilly comes across throughout this series as a genuinely nice person despite her somewhat privileged upbringing. In this book, she must find out who is stealing works of art from homes in Aspen dring the Christmas season. To make matters worse, the main suspect in the thievery seems to be a caretaker she recommended for the job...more
Jessi
There is something comforting about reading Carol Higgins Clark. Pretty much the same thing every time. Three or four stories that end up being intertwined. Since each part of the story is only 6-10 pages long, the books are generally a fairly swift, incredibly light, highly enjoyable read. This book, of course, is no different.
Regan Reilly is going on vacation, with her famous author mother and funeral home director father, to Aspen. When she arrives, there have been paintings stolen (blamed on...more
LuAnn
I always enjoy a story by this author. Her tales are filled with fun and a slight touch of humor, even in her most serious books.
This is another book based on Private Investigator Regan Reilly. She finally decides to take a much-needed vacation, only to once again be caught up in a mystery. Of course, everyone thinks one particular person has stolen a display of priceless paintings … except Regan. And even though the suspect has a criminal background, Regan believes that, in this case, he’s inno...more
Teresa B
Mar 16, 2010 Teresa B rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: EVERYonem especially if you like art or skiing
Iced will melt any qualms you may have about mysteries! As I am reading Carol Higgins Clark's Regan Reilly books in order I find they keep getting better. Humor, danger, romance (between characters you would not expect!) and many hidden twists come together in the telling of this tale.

Set in Aspen, Iced tells the story behind a series of high profile art heists, while introducing the reader to a cast full of characters whose motives are not all that they seem.

Next stop for me: Twanged (book 4 in...more
Dan
This has been a good and quick read. I like the plot, characters and the way it has been put together.

This is a good clean book with a mystery/suspense plot that I enjoyed and I think I can recommend this book to our 9 year old daughter. The plot is clean, refreshing and even has a couple good twists to it.

I am really starting to like Regan Rielly. I have one more to read and may start looking for others.
Melissa
Horrible! The book may be good, but I couldn't stand listening to this. I hate to say it, but Carol Higgins Clark should stick to writing and leave the narration to someone else. She was so difficult to listen to. I have no idea if the book would have been good had I read it -- but now I'm not even willing to try.
George
Typical Regan Reilly, LA private investigator, mystery. There's the usual humor and several intertwined plots in which everything comes together at the end. This mystery involves art thieves in Aspen during ski season, stolen art, missing people, and the opening of a new restaurant.
Becky C.
This was my first Carol Higgins Clark book. Listened to the audio which was just OK--not enough differentiation of voices. Far-fetched ending but, overall, it was a pleasant enough story. I won't be rushing out to read (or listen to) the next book in the series, however.
Carol
I am enjoying catching up on the early mysteries in the Regan Reilly series. I learned about the history of Aspen, Colorado while enjoying a lively story with charming and quirly characters. Very satisfying ending with at least two surprises that I did not see coming.
Nikki Nielsen
Carol Higgins Clark is Mary Higgins Clark's daughter and I have to say that I wouldn't have picked this book up if that weren't the case. Carol's writing isn't quite as good as her mother's, but the story held my attention.
Peter Charleston
Carol Higgins Clark provides an enjoyable adventure as Regan Reilly goes on vacation in Aspen, Colorado. Filled with humor and mystery you will find the characters creditable. This is a book for all ages and a nice read.
Sandy
Okay, I'm a little embarassed, but everyone needs a good corny book once in awhile...........read at the cozy rustic cabin by the lake this summer, since it was part of their library and not much to chose from!
Edward Trujillo
First time I jabe read A mustery novel by this author. It is the kind of book I like to read when I feel in an escapist mood. I'll be going to the library tomorrow abs borrow a fewore in this series for the fun of it.
Marie
There is not much meat to the story--a very quick read. In addition, there is not much character development. The perfect book when you want to escape for a short time and not have to think very much.
Amy
This Regan Reilly was definitely not as good as Snagged but was much better than Decked. Its an easy read (read it in a day) but parts failed to keep my attention. It can only get better from here
Dawn
May 31, 2009 Dawn rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a light-hearted mystery.
Recommended to Dawn by: I read all of the Regan Riley books.
I enjoy the Regan Riley series. They are funny light-hearted reads. These books always have such quircky characters. The mystery is pretty easy to figure out, but they are enjoyable.
Lauren
Definitely better than the first two Regan Reilly mysteries. The dialog is a little awkward in places. But a pretty decent mystery. I'm willing to try the next book in the series.
Jan
Carol Higgins Clark doesn't write as well as her mother, but this series of mysteries involving Regan Reilly are good light quick reads. I enjoyed this one and will read the next soon.
Alexa
It is just okay - I think I read it when I was much, much younger and enjoyed it a lot more. It is definitely a good choice for a young adult transitioning into adult mysteries.
Celise
The Good: Kept me interested, albeit not a "page turner". Good surprise ending. Wish I had heated towel racks!

The Bad: Unbelievable.

The Ugly: Nothing ugly.
Krystal
This was a good book - easy and fun to read. I don't like Carol Higgin Clark's books as well as I like her mother's (Mary Higgin Clark), but it was still a fun read.
Jun 08, 2008 Laura rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Laura by: Grandma
Shelves: mystery
Second one I read by this author, it was nice to see one by the same characters. The ending was a little unbelievable but it was still a pretty nice story nonetheless.
J
I listened to this one on a long drive to a conference. It was a nice change from the radio or at least the static that I got while in mountain passes.
Wanda
This is a cute story with quirky villains and a light hearted "whodunnit". I was a little surprized at the secret villain because I suspected a few others.
Becky
Great read without all of the gore! I didn't laugh out loud a lot, but I did enjoy all of the characters. And I can't add anything more without spoiling it!
  • Santa Cruise: A Holiday Mystery at Sea
  • Hide Yourself Away (KEY News #7)
  • The Importance of Being Ernestine (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #10)
Carol Higgins Clark (1956– ) is an American mystery author. She is also the daughter of author Mary Higgins Clark , with whom she has co-authored novels, and the former sister-in-law of author Mary Jane Clark.

Born in New York City, Clark received her B.A. from Mount Holyoke College in 1978 and then studied acting at the Beverly Hills Playhouse. She is the author of the Regan Reilly mystery series....more
More about Carol Higgins Clark...
Decked (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #1) Hitched (Regan Reilly Mystery, #9) Snagged (Regan Reilly Mystery, #2) Laced (Regan Reilly Mystery, #10) Zapped (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #11)