Start by marking “Anno's Math Games” as Want to Read:
Anno's Math Games

Anno's Math Games (Anno's Math Games #1)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Through lively pictures and intriguing puzzles and games, Anno takes young children on a fun-filled journey through basic mathematical concepts, showing how skills are used every day. Full color.
Published September 21st 1987 by Philomel

To ask other readers questions about Anno's Math Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anno's Math Games

Haley Herman
I adore books like this that encourage kids to think about advanced concepts without patronizing them. The book actively encourages discussion, something that I don't think enough children's books do. I'll be sure to stock this in my classroom.
Rebecca
Very cool-- this is the kind of number-familiarity math training that I have always lacked. I love the idea of giving kids ease with the way numbers and information and mathematical ideas interact in the world. This would be a fantastic home-schooling resource... (I'm just sayin'. 3.5 days of instruction in my local public schools = not enough).
Ted Parsons
Even though, I think this book is geared for an upper elementary or middle school student, I believe this book could be adapted to 3rd grade to teach abstact thinking. Abstract thinking is sometimes a difficult concept, but this book has some great word problems to develop this skill.
Megan
Anno introduces math concepts to children. The first couple chapters could be used with a bright pre-schooler. The chapters get a little more complex as they go--probably early elementary level until the last chapter, which included some problems beyond my own math ability!
Jill
I love Anno's illustrations and unapologetic approach to math in real life. It simply is and the puzzles and drawings make it approachable for even this math phobic. It's too long to read in a sitting so I will be checking this out of the library often.
Nakitah
Nov 27, 2011 Nakitah added it
Shelves: math
Picture puzzles, games, and simple activities introduce the mathematical concepts of multiplication, sequence and ordinal numbering, measurement, and direction
Kimba
Taran and I had so much fun one morning with this book. Taran even decided to start making his own graphs to answer some questions we had.
Tom R
This book is a fantastic resource for teaching maths from prep upwards. Brilliant explanations over a huge range of concepts
Kristen
Went above and beyond all of my expectations. A solid 5 stars. Can't wait to try some of these out with my kids!
Jeniann
A great book with fun math activities in it; would be great for teaching math concepts and making them fun
Carrie
A fun book that we've used for school. But we would've read it anyway.
Hillary
Number and counting concepts
WOW JEROME
WOW JEROME marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Nadia
Nadia marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Jesusa Mae
Jesusa Mae marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
D
D marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Grignr
Grignr added it
May 15, 2014
Nolan
Nolan marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Boat
Boat marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
72077
Mitsumasa Anno (born March 20, 1926) is a Japanese illustrator and writer of children's books, known best for picture books with few or no words. He received the international Hans Christian Andersen Medal in 1984 for his "lasting contribution to children's literature".

Source: Wikipedia.
More about Mitsumasa Anno...
Anno's Journey Anno's Counting Book Anno's Magic Seeds Anno's U.S.A. Anno's Alphabet