Start by marking “Lover's Lane (Twilight Cove, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lover's Lane (Twilight Cove, #1)

Lover's Lane (Twilight Cove #1)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  232 ratings  ·  20 reviews
For six years Carly Nolan has built a life for herself and her son Christopher, never getting too close to anyone. Nobody in the sleepy little beach community suspects she is running - from the mistakes she made in her youth, the memory of her fianc? Rick and his unexpected death, and the rich, powerful people who want to take away her child. She has carefully concealed he...more
Audio, 0 pages
Published June 10th 2003 by Brilliance Audio (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Lover's Lane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lover's Lane

Bhudson
Sep 17, 2008 Bhudson is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Strong female characters, lessons of love, forgivness and picking up the pieces and moving on to craft a different life than was planned.
Jadine
Almost predictable ... I liked the characters and the story. There was a twist I didn't expect and that's always nice.
An Odd1
*** "Lover's Lane" has the fixer-upper cottage that PI Jake buys after falling for Carly, or is it Caroline? and her son Chris, missing since the death of his best friend and her fiance five years earlier. She ran when the rich grandparents tried to buy her off. Like in Heat Wave, Jill Landis makes her characters relive and dwell too much in the past, California is described lovingly, and sex before marriage is obligatory, so I skip parts regarding the first and last. I liked where the six-year...more
Anne
A very predictable story. The last third of the book was repetitious. Can't really recommend it
Celese
I loved almost everything about this book. The author beautiful described everything -- from paintings to scenery. I loved that the main story line of this book is a common problem. There were quite a few things I hated about this book, though. There were two very graphic intimacy scenes and lots of discussion about sexual assault and those type of issues. I wish I could have rated it higher, but I can't recommend it to anyway because of those reasons.
Priya
Beautifully crafted in the same way the author describes the actual artwork of protagonist: light, unique and touchingly soulful. Indeed, the entire story itself reads as a work of art.

The story is reminiscent of the much more popular Sparks' 'Safe Haven', yet the various idiosyncrasies of each character (each well developed with respect to the entirety of the plot) makes this story much more its own.

Brenda
This was a new author for me. I found her writing style to be very smooth and easy reading. The characters in the story were very entertaining. This author did not follow the complete "romance outline" which was very refreshing. When I have time I will read other books written by this author.
Blaine Morrow
A mother runs away with her son and takes on a new identity to escape a custody battle with the boy's grandparents. A PI hired to find her does so, and she and he have a complex series of relationship issues.
Lynn
Good for escape reading. Carly is on the run so the rich grandmother will not petition for her son's guardianship. Of course there is a love story involved.
Linda
Too much filler with descriptions that I skipped. I just wanted to get to the plot, not read about descriptions of places.
Pam
This was a good book and I will read at least one more of Jill Marie Landis' work hoping they aren't all the same.
Sue
I cant put it down ! Great read.. Never read this author before but will defiantly read another one by her.
Karen
This was a good book. As I started to read it I realized I had already read it. A good read!
Barbara
started strong but got a little tedious and over dramatic after awhile.
Dee Steverson
A little slow to start but a good, light romance with a fairy tale ending.
Vikki
This story is about Carly Moran and her six year old son. Very good book.
Loretta
A feel good love story...liked
the characters.....A good fast read.
Susan
More of "meh" vs liked it. It wasn't bad, but wasn't great.
Pernette
Easy to read. Nice escape story.
Dale Harcombe
Dale Harcombe is currently reading it
Oct 18, 2014
Jackie Henning
Jackie Henning marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Brigette Mcintire
Brigette Mcintire marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Michele Stewart
Michele Stewart marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
  • Into the Light (Sutton Family, #2)
  • The Kissing Stars
  • Brides of Prairie Gold (Dangerous Men, #2)
  • Fire and Rain (Silhouette Desire, #546)
  • Fanning the Flame (Heartless 3)
  • With Heart (Dolan Brothers, #4)
  • Two Brothers: The Lawman/The Gunslinger
  • Cold Pursuit
  • Inconvenient Love
  • Temporary Sanity (Marty Nickerson, #2)
  • Taste of Honey
  • Wonderful (Medieval Trilogy, #1)
  • Guns and Roses (Includes: PI Julie Collins; Bobbie Faye, #3.5; Rough Riders; Bullet Catcher; Shadow Stalkers, #3; Housewife Assassin)
  • Fireworks
  • The Twelve Sacred Traditions of Magnificent Mothers-In-Law
  • Heating Up the Kitchen: Recipes with Love from Lucky Harbor
  • The Power Of Social Intelligence
  • Sucker Bet (Tony Valentine #3)
JILL MARIE LANDIS is the bestselling author of nearly thirty novels which have appeared on the NYT bestseller list, USA Today and other national bestseller lists. She has won numerous awards for her heartfelt characters and sweeping emotional historical romances that include SUMMER MOON and MAGNOLIA CREEK and the Irish Angels Series; HEART OF STONE, HEART OF LIES, and HEART OF GLASS. All of her Hi...more
More about Jill Marie Landis...
Heart of Stone (Irish Angel, #1) Mai Tai One On (A Tiki Goddess Mystery, #1) Heart of Lies (Irish Angel, #2) Heart of Glass (Irish Angel #3) Summer Moon