Undercover Princess

Undercover Princess (Royally Wed #2)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  679 ratings  ·  34 reviews
"THE NAME'S WIND, KATHY WIND...."

With those words, Princess Katherine Wyndham went from sensible sister to secret agent. Her mission: to locate her brother--the long-lost crown prince. Her cover: nanny for handsome tycoon Trey Sutherland.

Caring for Trey's kids came more naturally than any royal duty. And falling for the brooding widower was effortless. But Katherine had al...more
Published November 15th 2012 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published November 1st 1999)

Kate McMurry
This is a review of the Kindle Edition of Undercover Princess, originally released as Silhouette Intimate Moments #968

Twenty-five-year-old Princess Katherine Wyndham comes from a small principality in Europe. She is the youngest of her sisters and, in her own eyes, very "plain" compared to the other princesses and her mother, all of whom are heart-stoppingly gorgeous. Katherine has had only one love affair up until the moment of the story. The man involved used her to get ahead and ultimately du...more
Debbie
I bought this online used as a whim. This was apparently part of a series put out by the publisher in which different authors tackled different royal sisters who go in search of their long-lost brother, the heir to the throne. Despite the very hokey premise, I enjoyed this book. Brockmann's usual flair for characterization carried the story. She almost makes me want to read the rest of the series but I have heard that Brockmann's was the best of them all, so I will give the others a pass.
Pamela(AllHoney)
A quick entertaining read. Hero is a bit of a workaholic and heroine is a princess looking for her long lost brother. She ends up applying for the position of nanny in hopes that hero knows where the possible prince might be.
Lyndi
The blurb says "With those words, Princess Katherine Wyndham went from sensible sister to secret agent." but I can't figure out just what words they're referring to.

Regardless, this was a cute little story. I think Dougie was actually my favorite character. He was just so damn cute and innocent. Stacy reminded me, unfortunately, of my older sister when she went through her death metal phase. I felt pretty bad for Trey for having to deal with all that animosity.

My inner bitch came out a couple ti...more
Shea
A "regency romance" set in the present day. This light read was part "Rebecca," part "Jane Eyre" (Brockmann even references this novel) and just a lot of fun. Princess Katherine and her sisters are looking for their long lost brother. They think they may have tracked down his current identity but he is very elusive. Katherine tries repeatedly to get an appointment with Trey Sutherland, this man's business partner. When she finally gets an appointment with him it is through a clerical error and h...more
Mombo
Excellent! If you ever thought of writing the Sound of Music as a contemporary romance, forget about it because Suzanne Brockmann has already done it in Undercover Princess. And done it fantastically, I might add.

Trey is the unmoving father who loves his kids but doesn't know how to show it, Stacy and Doug are the forgetten kids with larger contemporary problems than the von Trapp children ever faced, and Kathy, or Princess Katherine, is sensible and smart and falls in love with the dad and the...more
Maria
Princess Katherine Wyndham has joined with her sisters to search for their long lost brother. She tracks down a clue leading her to Trey Sutherland's elusive business partner. Through a misunderstanding with his secretary when she goes to talk to Trey she is offered the position of nanny to his two children. Accepting the position so that she can find her brother she finds more than she was ever expecting. A family of her own.

Why I picked up this book: Suzanne Brockmann.

Why I finished this book:...more
Alison
I picked up this book because of Suzanne Brockmann. I liked the story and I liked the characters but I was upset that there were a few story elements that were left hanging. As this is part of something called "Royally Wed" I am assuming that these elements were wrapped up in other parts of the series. If Brockmann didn't write them, I don't want to read them but I still want to know what happened. *sigh*

Cute story over all. The kids felt real, which is always an accomplishment.
Tia
Katherine has always had self esteem issues and growing up beside four other gorgeous looking Princesses, who wouldn't? She's always felt like she is in the background and has nothing to offer but that changes when she goes to work for Trey. In fact everything changes and this time Katherine might just realize her value and worth, after all Trey finally has!
Melodie
This is such a sweet story. I didn't expect to enjoy it so much when I decided to pick up the book. There were a few parts I was not as satisfied with like the kidnapping; the part that the kidnapper spend a few weeks plotting yet he was brought down so quickly doesn't seem very believable. Overall, it's a short read yet quite enjoyable.
Christine
Real cute book. Great Heroine, wonderful Alpha male hero who is basically lost as a widowed father and I LOVED that the secondary charcters (his children) are front and center in this story and not relegated to causing trouble in the back ground. Wonderful way to spend and afternoon.
Kerry
This was a fun quick read. My first eBook experience. I really enjoyed the characters and it was a cute (if quite predictable) story. Just one big question that never got answered. When the book ended I was left wanting to hear the end of the story...
Kim
The whole plot is too neat, but end with a huge plot whole. I felt at though the author just decided "ok I'm done writing let me just wrap it up." I can't say I would recommend this. Rather watch Mary Poppins and the Princess Diaries.
Diah Didi
Dari 5 cerita yang ditulis orang 5 penulis yang berbeda tentang 5 kakak beradik yang merupakan anggota keluarga kerajaan, menurut saya tulisan Suzanne Brockmann yang paling bagus dan bermutu. Covernya juga beda sendiri. :D
Hilary
Ok, ok, I wouldn't normally have picked this up myself, but it was on the Nook I received, so I'm giving it a try. It's a nice light read to try out the e-book reader experience.

Final verdict: completely cliche, but cute.
Pingle McCloud
biasa aja,
ga suka ama Kathy
kayanya ni buku series deh
soalnya didalemnya ada yg namanya Serena dan Gabe
dulu pernah baca cerita ttg mereka
dan nama kerajaannya sama
masih lbh suka ceritanya Serena-Gabe
ms bookjunkie
*warm fuzzies* My kind of read. Short (at least compared to others I've read recently…), sweet (no explanation necessary) and to the point (again, refreshing after the convoluted epic I just finished).
Rebecca
This, to me, was a very sweet, old fashioned romance. Cliche, with the heroine falling in love with her boss and his kids, but with the twist of her really being royalty. It was very sweet.
Asrina Maharani
buku terbaik dari seri kerajaan wyndham. sayang ada cerita ga penting yang harusnya bisa lebih dikembangin sama penulisnya (kisah si putri sama cinta pertamanya yang brengsek)
Eh ... La Brockmann is never as good when she's not writing about Navy SEALs, so it wasn't all that, but the characters are excellent (most notably the children).
Ayu Wirdha
Gw suka ceritanya, mirip2 sound of music walaupun the nanny-nya adalah sebenarnya putri kerajaan. Melibatkan anak2 yg bandel, ayah yg ganteng, jutek, gila kerja.
Emily
Super quick read (I'm getting quite good at those). The characters were decent enough the plot was pretty thin, but it worked for a nice evening's read.
Lorene
Nice light read with a sweet romance story. Terribly predictable, but with good characters and a happy ending.
Mindy
A sweet modern-day twist on The Sound of Music and Jane Eyre…with no nuns or crazy wives in attics.
Kristen Hook
Actually this was a cute story. I enjoyed it. It was a very quick and easy read, but it left me feeling good.
Purple
I realized when I picked this book for a challenge that I've read it before. I like it then and still do now.
Kim Dallaire
Dorky and quick, the writing outshines the plot.
Lynne
The relationship with the kids is nice.
Jo Ann
Something fun and light
  • A Royal Baby on the Way (Royally Wed, #1)
  • Protecting Plain Jane (The Precinct: S.W.A.T. Team, #2)
  • Risking It All (Harlequin Blaze #327)
  • Face-Off
  • Stranded with Her Ex
  • Hired: The Sheikh's Secretary Mistress (Royal Brides, #8)
  • Branded
  • Friends and Lovers
  • Dual Image
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • Ruthless
  • Glitter and Gunfire (Shadow Agents, #4)
  • Seducing Mr. Right
  • Rafferty's Wife (Hagen Series #3)
  • SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • Cullen's Bride (March Madness) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #914)
  • The Soldier (Uniformly Hot, #7) (Harlequin Blaze, #481)
Suzanne Brockmann was born in 1960. Married with Ed Gaffney, a lawyer and published writer. They have two grown children: Melanie, who is a personal trainer and author, and Jason, who is an actor and tap dancer. They divide their time between Boston, Massachusetts, Sarasota, Florida and New York City.

Published since 1993, Suzanne is widely recognized as one of the leading voices in suspense romanc...more
More about Suzanne Brockmann...
Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3) The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1) Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4) Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6) Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)