Start by marking “In Their Footsteps & Thief of Hearts: In Their Footsteps\Thief of Hearts” as Want to Read:
In Their Footsteps & Thief of Hearts: In Their Footsteps\Thief of Hearts

In Their Footsteps & Thief of Hearts: In Their Footsteps\Thief of Hearts (Tavistock Family #1-2)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  439 ratings  ·  39 reviews
In Their Footsteps

The quiet scandal surrounding her parents' deaths has always haunted Beryl Tavistock. Now she's asking dangerous questions and the answers are proving that the past does not die easily. Pulled into a world of espionage, Beryl quickly discovers that she needs help, and former CIA agent Richard Wolf is her only hope. But in a world where trust is a double-e...more
Published November 1st 2012 by Mira Books (first published April 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about In Their Footsteps & Thief of Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Their Footsteps & Thief of Hearts

Regan
Jan 24, 2008 Regan rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys romance nd romantic suspense
I've been reading Ms. Gerritsen's books from her first one in 1986 to the present. Her romances and romantic suspenses are always page turners. Given the choice though, on a re-read I'd pick one of her medical thrillers which had me laying awake at night thinking about them. Her's are the kind of books you pick up on a Friday night when you get home and sit there reading it till early Sunday morning on a non-stop marathon because you just can't stop.

One thing I've noticed about her romantic sus...more
Natalie
I think the term "suspend your disbelief" applies to this one. What a ridiculous climax and finish. The characters were likeable enough, albeit not well developed, to keep me reading. I won't be going back for more.
HÜLYA
Orjinal Adı Thief Of Hearts Tavistock Aile Serisinin ikinci kitabı Serinin Goodreads puanı 5/3,56 Dershanenin puanım bu kitap için için 5/4
Beğenerek okudum işcilik Aristokrat, Ürdün, Tavistock ile Clea Pirinç'in kitabın başından itibaren başlayan macerasını çok sevdim..
Sagopa Harlequinn Kitabı olmasına ξενοδοχείο dolu dolu bir kitap idi..Yazarın diğer kitaplarındaki servis'imize tıbbı aşırı gerilim ve cinayet ile bezeli değildi..ve ama tam da benim istediğim servis'imize bir macera vardı eskiden...more
Terri Kinney
Couldn't get through this. I found it ridiculous the heroine would be offended that the hero would run a background check after she broke into a house, was nearly blown up, and then shot at but was unwilling to come clean on why crazy shit like that would happen. And all within the first couple days of meeting each other. This woman clearly develops unrealistic emotional bonds with anyone in her company for more than five minutes.
Fousilly
This is one when she was transitioning from romance write to medical thriller and I'd place this one in a romantic suspense category. Well written as all her books are but a little too much romance for me. Wanted to read one of hers before she got into the medical thrillers and Rizzoli series so tried this one. Not terrible at all but not as great as the ones that cover after it.
Michelle
Aug 13, 2014 Michelle marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Linda
I enjoy Tess Gerritsen's thrillers, and made the mistake of judging the book by it's cover with Thief of Hearts. This one turns out to be a romance novel, about an American woman, beautiful and irrestistible, and an English aristocrat, each of whom catches the other while they each burgle the same man's mansion. Yes, there's some intrigue and adventure, but my tolerance for gushing about the sexiness of the protagonists is very, very low. Just let me say that this might be immensely entertaining...more
Natasha
In Their Footsteps: My first thought after being halfway through this book was that it wasn't Tess's finest. But when I was completely done, my mind had changed slightly. I love the romance, the chemistry and passion between Beryl and Richard. And the ending? It took me by moderate surprise.

Theif of Hearts: This was five stars. I love continuation novels, I honestly do. I just liked the relationship between Clea and Jordan better than that of Beryl and Richard. But that's my opinion. I finished...more
Meaghan
interesting pair of romantic suspense novels. the first about the sister and the second the brother of an english family mixed up in all sorts of international intrigue.
Suzy
pretty cute romance mystery. I only read the Thief of Hearts
Kathleen
great book. Was nice to have the two stories together.
Nicole
These were pretty good political/spy thrillers. I liked Thief of Hearts better of the two. The author does a good job of developing her characters and generally keeps things from getting too predictable. I could do without the cheesy love scenes.
Jill
When I read the synopsis of this book online it sounded like there was a chance that I would like it. Turns out that it was horribly written and the plots were so boring and not worth it even though this was part of Tess Gerritsen's early works.
Sam Schreiber
I typically enjoy Tess's books, at least those in the Rizzoli and Isles series. I immensely respect her as an author after meeting her at a book signing. But as far as this book goes, if I could give it less than one star I would. Bleeeech.
Naomi Young
These are apparently early works of Gerritsen's; there just isn't the same plotting and depth of characterization as her current thrillers. They're more like cotton candy for the brain, very fluffy and light on plot and characterization.
Karen
Liked both stories, well written, suspenseful and the proper amount of smut :-) I'm more of a fan of Ms. Gerrisen's books with the Rizzoli and Isles characters, but these two stories in one book were a nice treat.
Lanette
Enjoyed both books. Probably like In Their Footsteps more as it seemed a more probable attraction than Thief of Hearts. However, both storylines were entertaining. Not Gerritsen's finest work. [library ebook]
Susan Coley
I enjoy Gerritson's books because of the strong women characters. This book was more like a "bodice-ripper". I listened to the whole thing hoping it would get better but it didn't. Oh well.
Christina
While I really enjoyed this book, I think I still prefer Gerritsen's medical thrillers. However, this book shows her ability to move beyond one genre. I would recommend this book.
Maria
Because I like her medical thrillers so much, my expectations were pretty high for this... and expectations were not met. But they're a pleasant, if boring, way to spend a few hours.
Juliet
Thief of Hearts must be one of Gerritsen's early works before she discovered thriller writing. It's a wooden, schmaltzy romance story. I lasted two chapters before throwing the towel in...
Cheryl Meares
I read the first book in this 2 books series and it was okay. I really just couldn't get into it so I put it up for later in regards to the 2nd story.
Karlene Browning
I liked the suspense of these two books. Spy stuff is great. But there's always that "one scene" that makes me not want to recommend it.
Tinae Goodell
Don't like these the same. Their alright.. Not as suspenseful and definitely live the crime, rizzoli and isles ones way better.
Kathy Jund
Check it out! Tess Gerritsen before Rizzoli and Usles!! Loved it! Two stories in one, what a surprise! kj :)
Shirley
Generally good plot, again too much a romance for me. Didn't realize she was such a romance author.
Megan Yost
I loved it! I wish there were more kids in the Tavistock family so there sould be more stories about them...
Megs Mlutz
To me it was not her best... it seemed rather flighty. Just didn't have the same chemistry I found
Teea
I listen to this one on audio. The narrator Nicola Barber did a splendid job with Mediocre writing.
Merryll
I note this was one of Tess' earlier books. She writes much better books now.
  • Down River
  • The Dragon and the Stars
  • Der Menschenmacher
  • Exposed (Maggie O'Dell, #6)
  • Bretonische Verhältnisse
  • Fatal Secrets: A Novel of Suspense
  • The Creeper (Brennan & Esposito, #2)
  • A Yuletide Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #11)
  • Retirementology: Rethinking the American Dream in a New Economy
  • Passport To Peril (Hard Case Crime #57)
  • Mama Does Time (A Mace Bauer Mystery #1)
  • Necessary Women and The Mean Time (Short Stories)
  • Skin and Bone
  • Key West Connection
  • Snatched
  • A Grave Mistake
  • Secret Vengeance (Young Repairman Jack, #3)
Internationally bestselling author Tess Gerritsen took an unusual route to a writing career. A graduate of Stanford University, Tess went on to medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, where she was awarded her M.D.

While on maternity leave from her work as a physician, she began to write fiction. In 1987, her first novel was published. Call After Midnight, a romantic thriller...more
More about Tess Gerritsen...
The Surgeon (Rizzoli & Isles #1) Vanish (Rizzoli & Isles, #5) The Apprentice (Rizzoli & Isles #2) Body Double (Rizzoli & Isles, #4) The Sinner (Rizzoli & Isles, #3)

“In memory of Jim Heacock “In thy face I see the map of honor, truth, and loyalty.” —William Shakespeare Henry VI, Part III” 0 likes