Start by marking “Reckless” as Want to Read:
Reckless

Reckless (Regency Trilogy #2)

From elite London society to the golden sands of Egypt... and the sacred places of the heart...

When Kat Adair plunges into the waves to rescue a drowning man, it is just the beginning of an odyssey that will sweep the fisherman's daughter into danger and desire. Convinced she is in love with the man she saved, Egyptologist David Turnberry, she feigns amnesia, thus enabling
Published November 15th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 20th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Reckless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless

Titinha Scaeiro
Gostei... gostei... e gostei... Uma excelente descoberta esta autora... ^_^
Anna
Feb 16, 2009 Anna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It took me awhile to figure out what time period this book took place in, since it seemed a bizarre amalgamation of past and present. When I finally got it narrowed down to turn of the century (late 1890s), the reading went much smoother, because suddenly it had a setting. Drake has clearly done a lot of research on the time period and the places the characters visit, but when no definitive clues are dropped until the reader is well into the story, it doesn't actually serve to deepen the setting ...more
Tonileg
Nov 05, 2015 Tonileg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are times in life that we desire something or someone to the point that logic and loved one's advice is silenced by our obsession. In time, we wake up to the fact that it is useless or hurtful to keep in our life, but even so, it is hurtful to let go a comfortable obsession. I guess that explains why there are so many sociology majors and only two that eventually get a job in the field.
I liked this story a lot.
We get only strong women in this story, starting with our main character, Miss K
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
3 e 1/2
«Quello che dovete fare per venire a capo di questo mistero è eliminare l’impossibile. Ciò che resta, per quanto improbabile, sarà la verità.»

Come nel primo della serie, anche in questo secondo ho apprezzato tutta l'ambientazione egiziana (e stavolta nell'ultima parte si va davvero in Egitto! *ç*) e la parte gialla, anche se forse il colpevole non era poi così difficile! ;D La cosa che non mi ha convinto e mi ha fatto levare mezzo punto è stata la parte romance: mentre Hunter è un'eroe c
Megan
Jan 30, 2009 Megan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Shannon Drake and Historical Romance Fans
This is such an amazing book!! I bought this new back in 2005 because Ms. Drake is one of my favorite authors, but the summary on the back cover did not entice me very much, so on my to be read shelf it went! Now, as I am slowly making my way through that said shelf, I picked this up again. I can’t believe I have waited so long to read this! This was such a good book! I’m defiantly going to keep it, and probably re-read it again sometime. Sadly, I did not know that this book was a sequel to “Wic ...more
fleurette
It was a little bit better than I expected. I thought it will be more silly and annoying. And I was positively surprise there was no paranormal theme in this story. Don't get me wrong, I like a bit of paranormal but if you read some books by Heather Graham then it becomes a bit predictable.

The characters were okay. Hunter describes Kat as young, naive and brave, sometimes even reckless and I think it perfectly depicts her. Again, it surprised me that she wasn't as annoying as I thought she would
Kali
Aug 21, 2009 Kali rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the follow up to wicked... i liked this better than the first book, in the first book Camille passes over Hunter for Brian Carlyle and gets her happily ever after... in the second book Hunter finally gets his happy ending with Kat while they are parading around the deserts of Egypt looking for lost treasure... i love that Hunter gets his happy ending i was sad for him to loose out in the first book and i'm glad the story continued i loved the setting at the Egyptian dig looking for lost tombs to ...more
Virginia Markhart
Apr 19, 2011 Virginia Markhart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had a hard time getting into this book. Did not bond with the main character until half way through. The story was quite interesting. Kat is the daughter of an artist who saves the life of a young man who she has been totally infatuated with for ever. Turns out he is not quite the man she had thought. I like the time period of the book, 1890s and it is set in London, then they all go off to Egypt to do a dig. I like the evil would-be stepmother. Added an interesting flavor to the tale.
Elle
Nov 16, 2009 Elle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The follow up to wicked... I liked this better than the first book, in the first book Camille passes over Hunter for Brian Carlyle and gets her happily ever after... in this second book Hunter finally gets his happy ending with Kat while they are parading around the deserts of Egypt looking for lost treasure... I love that Hunter gets his happy ending I was sad for him to loose out in the first book and I'm glad the story continued I loved the setting at the Egyptian dig looking for lost tombs t ...more
Tabetha Waite
I enjoyed the dialogue between the MCs and felt the hero, Hunter, was much more likeable in this story than when he was mentioned in the previous novel, 'Wicked.' And while the heroine, Kat, could be stubborn and opinionated, she wasn't overbearing. The mystery also seemed more realistic and there was just enough intrigue to keep me hooked and reading!
Brindle Chase
Dec 01, 2010 Brindle Chase rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fanastic book from Shannon Drake. The only thing that threw me, was the heroine learning to read heiroglyphics in an afternoon without an instructor. There were a small miraculous conveniences that appeared in the story, but they did not detract from the wonderful story, plot or romance. Good stuff here, for those who like historical/regency romances with a little bit of spice.
Koxecho
Jun 08, 2016 Koxecho rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I really had trouble finishing this book. It just didn't hold my attention. It was slow to start, didn't really get going until the second half of the book. The characters were pretty one dimensional. Not particularly believable.

Nothing special about this authors writing style. It's very simplistic.
Christy Gabel
Oct 23, 2010 Christy Gabel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: victorian
Very entertaining romance, with a decent plot. I am really enjoying this author, her books are a step above the typical romance novel..they could also be considered historical mysteries as well. This novel has a love triangle somewhat similiar to Scarlett, Rhett and Ashley...but thankfully this one has a happy ending!
Judith
Nov 09, 2010 Judith rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. The story was good and I liked the time period it takes place in. There are a few of her books that I don't like, but let me say this is not one of them. There were a few questions left unanswered, but on the whole it was a good book.
Kelly
Mar 28, 2015 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I accidentally read this out of order - this is book 2 of the trilogy, and I'm currently reading book 1, _Wicked_. Reckless was a pretty good read. Not my usual fare, but I enjoyed it enough to go on with 1 & 3.
Gorgo Mage
Aug 10, 2011 Gorgo Mage rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is not your average romance, i think it has a bit more adventure than average. the love story was cute but i gave it only 4.5 stars mostly b/c nobody names their daughter Kat in that era, and i didnt like how she was exceeeeedingly good at EVERYTHING (swimming, drawing, reading texts, memory)
Joy
Jul 23, 2009 Joy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Late 1800's commoner Kat saves her "beloved from a distance" David and pretends to be engaged to another man to travel to Egypt to be with him. A little mystery added in with a little romance. The mystery is rather predictable (as is the romance).
ChloeLeeNH
Jun 07, 2008 ChloeLeeNH rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Victorian Era fans, Egyptology
This again was a nice effort from Shannon Drake. Seemed to have the right amounts of romance and mystery. I don't know if I liked as much as Wicked but h/h weren't a strong enough pair for me. But by themselves they were.
Mary Pringle
Mar 11, 2009 Mary Pringle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book much more than the first (Wicked)
by Shannon Drake. More adventure and interesting details.
And I loved the people involved in the story.
Bria Dean
Jun 09, 2010 Bria Dean is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I have not read this book yet, but I will read it this summer. But I will tell you that it's about a woman who saves a man in the ocean.
Karolyn Howard
Sep 13, 2014 Karolyn Howard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my all time favorite historical romances. Fun story with lots of action and romance. Kat is sassy and fun. Hunter is the perfect handsome hero.
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2012
jenjn79
jenjn79 rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2008
Arshia
Arshia rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2011
Heather Tassler
Heather Tassler rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2011
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Kay
Kay rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2014
Bridget
Bridget rated it did not like it
Feb 24, 2013
  • Unmasked (The Brides of Fortune)
  • The Perfect Wife (Lost City, #1)
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • The Chance of a Lifetime
  • A Lady At Last (deWarenne Dynasty, #7)
  • Mesmerized (The Mad Morelands, #1)
  • The Highlander (Graham-Lennox #1)
  • Once an Angel
  • The Prisoner (Orphan, #1)
  • A Study in Scandal (Ladies' Amateur Sleuth Society, #1)
  • Rhiana (Changelings, #3)
  • Come Back to Me (Viking & Saxon, #3)
  • Fool's Masquerade
  • The Most Wicked of Sins (Seven Deadly Sins, #2)
  • Passion's Ransom
  • Tempting the Prince (Flambeau Sisters, #2)(The Kazanovs, #5)
  • For the Love of a Pirate
  • My Only Love
Heather Graham Pozzessere
aka Heather Graham, Shannon Drake

Heather Graham was born on March 15, 1953 and grew up in Dade County, Florida, and attended the University of South Florida at Tampa, majoring in theater arts and touring Europe and parts of Asia and Africa as part of her studies. After college, she acted in dinner theaters, modeled, waitressed, and tended bar. She married Hershey Dennis Po
More about Shannon Drake...

Regency Trilogy (3 books)
  • Wicked (Regency Trilogy, #1)
  • Beguiled (Regency Trilogy, #3)

“I am learning, and I believe I shall do quite well.” 6 likes