Start by marking “A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable” as Want to Read:

"Ladies, Start Your Engines..." by Kimberly Raye
All Savannah Calloway wants for Christmas is a chance to prove her talent with an engine--and hot young NASCAR driver Mackenzie Briggs is ready to play Santa. But they soon find that winning the race isn't nearly as important as winning each other's hearts...

"'Tis the Silly Season "by Roxanne St. Claire
NASCAR Busch Series r
Published November 1st 2012 by Harlequin (first published November 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about A NASCAR Holiday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A NASCAR Holiday

Dec 19, 2011 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 2011, own
Three NASCAR romances are in the driver's seat in this contemporary romantic anthology, geared for holiday reading.

In Kimberly Raye's "Ladies, Start Your Engines ," Savannah Calloway wants to prove she's got mechanic's chops, and her old fling, Mackenzie Briggs, seems to have the car worth tuning.
This was a really cute sweet story. I have to say I fell in love with Mac and was wishing I was Savannah! I would have jumped on him much earlier then she did! I felt bad for Savannah though. Her dad
Gina
May 08, 2008 Gina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
NASCAR fans will love this book! The authors really know how to write them with the knowledge of how engines work, the rides, the track. The characters are terrific. Can't ask for better!
Kay
Feb 03, 2012 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: print
Jenifer
Dec 28, 2011 Jenifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This book had three different stories in it, all revolving around NASCAR.

The first story, "Ladies, Start Your Engines" by Kimberly Raye, was interesting and a tiny bit boring. The characters already had a per-existing relationship in which they had slept together. Because of this it made the whole dynamic of how I was reading the story switch. I don't mind that they knew each other professionally prior to the story beginning, but knowing that they had a sexual relationship, even for only one nig
Judy
Jul 21, 2010 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A NASCAR Holiday Anthology
Ladies, Start Your Engines….by Kimberly Raye
Savannah Calloway was tired of living in her late mother’s shadow. Dressing, dieting, cooking to please her dad and brothers. Not to mention doing the office work instead of working in the pit like she wanted. No more. She offered her mechanical services to the competition. This story continues in Slipper When Wet, with her friend Jaycee Anderson, who is the only female driver.

Mackenzie Briggs accepted the help Savannah offere
Romancing the Book
Jen's Review:
I know this review is a little late, since Christmas is over. But you might want to get a hold of it when this year's holiday season approaches.

“Ladies, Start Your Engines” by Kimberly Raye
Savannah comes from a racing family, but is stuck in the back office and doesn’t feel appreciated by the family. When her father fires her in hopes that she’ll settle down and start a family, she runs to the competition to prove that she has a talent with cars. The problem is the competition is Ma
Crystal
How can you go wrong with a NASCAR Christmas?

Anyway, this book is a collection of three NASCAR romances. The first, "Ladies, Start Your Engines..." by Kimberly Raye is probably my favorite. It's all about women trying to prove themselves in NASCAR -- as more than PR specialists and trophy wives, but as drivers and mechanics. And also, how can you go wrong with grannies who get drunk and bake and call themselves the Baking Bunnies. Love it.

"'Tis the Silly Season" is an awful title for a nice litt
Samantha
Dec 19, 2007 Samantha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did enjoy this book. All three authors leave you wanting more about the characters. Felt the first story was a little rushed. The last story it was hard for the characters to connect. This is the opening to each of the author's new Nascar series. I'm not going to write a plot summary since Amazon has already did that. Thing I didn't like was that all the stories especially the first one was so short. I'm glad each author is going to be continuing the secondary characters' stories in full lengt ...more
Colleen
Okay, my overall rating is an average of the three stories.

Kimberly Raye: 3 stars - never read anything by her before. Cute story. Nothing exciting, just an average read, but I liked it.

Roxanne St. Claire: 5 stars - this story made me cry. So sweet. I love this author.

Debra Webb: 1 star - ugh, what a drag! I like her suspense stories, but this story was completely lame. My eyes literally glazed over at times. I pretty much just read the dialogue between the characters - it was just bad.
Pam Masters
May 08, 2009 Pam Masters rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
For me this was a great read. Maybe a little too "neat and perfect" but hey, it is a Harlequin book. For me it was great reading a book from the NASCAR "series" of books. Having been in Canada for a year, it's the little things I miss from back home (Virginia). This helped me feel a little better as it reminded me of home.
Renee
Jan 26, 2009 Renee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is an incredibly light book (most holiday romance anthologies are) but that's what made it perfect holiday bedtime reading. It's also perfect for someone (i.e., me) who is pretty new to NASCAR but is jumping in with both feet. I've read 2 of the books in this series of anthologies, and they're a fun way to absorb just a tiny bit of useful information along with a lot of smile-worthy text.
Brianne
Dec 20, 2012 Brianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports
I thought the Raye story was cute, but I also have a soft spot for lovers reunited stories. Loved the St. Claire story and felt there were a lot of ups and down and plot twists, especially in a novella. was not a fan of the Webb story - I found it very difficult to get into and did not see the connection between Rush and Max.
Noy Monaco
This book have three book in one, and all the books are great. But I did not had any down time to read of them. I really the unbreakable book, I think there is something that drawn me to a southern guy.
Paula
Feb 11, 2016 Paula rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Nascar read :) Cute Novellas
Chelery1
Aug 26, 2010 Chelery1 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed all three stories in this book. Geez, I think I cried for 10 pages of the second story.
Jenn
Feb 13, 2009 Jenn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these NASCAR stories. Always reminds me of Mosport and I can hear the revving of the engines with every word. Excellent romance stories.
Michelle
This was a decent NASCAR/Christmas anthology. It was a little short on content, especially Debra Webb's book - not overly emotional or passionate.
Suzanne
Pretty PG, but I liked it. The third story is a good explanation of why racing is a sport.
Well worth a $1, NICOLE! :)
Michelle the Romance Witch
several sweet but short Christmas romances with a NASCAR twist.
Feb 14, 2010 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nascar
Liked the racing part, but could have done without the ooey-gooey romance part.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2008
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2009
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2008
Bridget Maccormack
Bridget Maccormack rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2013
Kendra
Kendra rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2009
Kelly Council
Kelly Council rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2013
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2007
Stephanie Nelson
Stephanie Nelson rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • A Very NASCAR Holiday (Colby Agency, #35)
  • A NASCAR Holiday 3
  • NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • Almost Famous (Harlequin NASCAR #9)
  • Danger Zone
  • Thunderstruck
  • Secret Santa (Harlequin Blaze #292)
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • Racing Hearts: A Calculated Risk\An Outside Chance\This Time Around (NASCAR Library Collection)
  • Red Hot Santa
  • To All A Good Night
  • She Did A Bad, Bad Thing (Million Dollar Secrets, #1)
  • Christmas Weddings: His Christmas Eve Proposal / Snowbound Bride / Their Christmas Vows
  • Overheated (Harlequin NASCAR, #25)
I've always been an incurable romantic. While I enjoy reading all types of fiction, my favorites, the books that touch my soul, are romance novels. From sexy to thrilling, sweet to humorous, I like them all. But what I really love is writing romance--the hotter the better!

I started my first novel back in high school and have been writing ever since. To date, I've published over thirty novels, one
More about Kimberly Raye...