A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  218 ratings  ·  19 reviews
"Ladies, Start Your Engines..." by Kimberly Raye
All Savannah Calloway wants for Christmas is a chance to prove her talent with an engine--and hot young NASCAR driver Mackenzie Briggs is ready to play Santa. But they soon find that winning the race isn't nearly as important as winning each other's hearts...

"'Tis the Silly Season "by Roxanne St. Claire
NASCAR Busch Series r...more
Published November 1st 2012 by Harlequin (first published November 1st 2006)

Jen
Three NASCAR romances are in the driver's seat in this contemporary romantic anthology, geared for holiday reading.

In Kimberly Raye's "Ladies, Start Your Engines ," Savannah Calloway wants to prove she's got mechanic's chops, and her old fling, Mackenzie Briggs, seems to have the car worth tuning.
This was a really cute sweet story. I have to say I fell in love with Mac and was wishing I was Savannah! I would have jumped on him much earlier then she did! I felt bad for Savannah though. Her dad...more
Gina
NASCAR fans will love this book! The authors really know how to write them with the knowledge of how engines work, the rides, the track. The characters are terrific. Can't ask for better!
Jenifer
This book had three different stories in it, all revolving around NASCAR.

The first story, "Ladies, Start Your Engines" by Kimberly Raye, was interesting and a tiny bit boring. The characters already had a per-existing relationship in which they had slept together. Because of this it made the whole dynamic of how I was reading the story switch. I don't mind that they knew each other professionally prior to the story beginning, but knowing that they had a sexual relationship, even for only one nig...more
Judy
A NASCAR Holiday Anthology
Ladies, Start Your Engines….by Kimberly Raye
Savannah Calloway was tired of living in her late mother’s shadow. Dressing, dieting, cooking to please her dad and brothers. Not to mention doing the office work instead of working in the pit like she wanted. No more. She offered her mechanical services to the competition. This story continues in Slipper When Wet, with her friend Jaycee Anderson, who is the only female driver.

Mackenzie Briggs accepted the help Savannah offere...more
Kay
Romancing the Book
Jen's Review:
I know this review is a little late, since Christmas is over. But you might want to get a hold of it when this year's holiday season approaches.

“Ladies, Start Your Engines” by Kimberly Raye
Savannah comes from a racing family, but is stuck in the back office and doesn’t feel appreciated by the family. When her father fires her in hopes that she’ll settle down and start a family, she runs to the competition to prove that she has a talent with cars. The problem is the competition is Ma...more
Crystal
How can you go wrong with a NASCAR Christmas?

Anyway, this book is a collection of three NASCAR romances. The first, "Ladies, Start Your Engines..." by Kimberly Raye is probably my favorite. It's all about women trying to prove themselves in NASCAR -- as more than PR specialists and trophy wives, but as drivers and mechanics. And also, how can you go wrong with grannies who get drunk and bake and call themselves the Baking Bunnies. Love it.

"'Tis the Silly Season" is an awful title for a nice litt...more
Samantha
I did enjoy this book. All three authors leave you wanting more about the characters. Felt the first story was a little rushed. The last story it was hard for the characters to connect. This is the opening to each of the author's new Nascar series. I'm not going to write a plot summary since Amazon has already did that. Thing I didn't like was that all the stories especially the first one was so short. I'm glad each author is going to be continuing the secondary characters' stories in full lengt...more
Colleen
Okay, my overall rating is an average of the three stories.

Kimberly Raye: 3 stars - never read anything by her before. Cute story. Nothing exciting, just an average read, but I liked it.

Roxanne St. Claire: 5 stars - this story made me cry. So sweet. I love this author.

Debra Webb: 1 star - ugh, what a drag! I like her suspense stories, but this story was completely lame. My eyes literally glazed over at times. I pretty much just read the dialogue between the characters - it was just bad.
Renee
This is an incredibly light book (most holiday romance anthologies are) but that's what made it perfect holiday bedtime reading. It's also perfect for someone (i.e., me) who is pretty new to NASCAR but is jumping in with both feet. I've read 2 of the books in this series of anthologies, and they're a fun way to absorb just a tiny bit of useful information along with a lot of smile-worthy text.
Pam Masters
For me this was a great read. Maybe a little too "neat and perfect" but hey, it is a Harlequin book. For me it was great reading a book from the NASCAR "series" of books. Having been in Canada for a year, it's the little things I miss from back home (Virginia). This helped me feel a little better as it reminded me of home.
Brianne
I thought the Raye story was cute, but I also have a soft spot for lovers reunited stories. Loved the St. Claire story and felt there were a lot of ups and down and plot twists, especially in a novella. was not a fan of the Webb story - I found it very difficult to get into and did not see the connection between Rush and Max.
Noy Monaco
This book have three book in one, and all the books are great. But I did not had any down time to read of them. I really the unbreakable book, I think there is something that drawn me to a southern guy.
Michelle
This was a decent NASCAR/Christmas anthology. It was a little short on content, especially Debra Webb's book - not overly emotional or passionate.
Jenn
I love these NASCAR stories. Always reminds me of Mosport and I can hear the revving of the engines with every word. Excellent romance stories.
Suzanne
Pretty PG, but I liked it. The third story is a good explanation of why racing is a sport.
Well worth a $1, NICOLE! :)
Chelery1
I enjoyed all three stories in this book. Geez, I think I cried for 10 pages of the second story.
Jen
Liked the racing part, but could have done without the ooey-gooey romance part.
Michelle the Romance Witch
several sweet but short Christmas romances with a NASCAR twist.
Candance
Candance marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Lawanda Mckenzie
Lawanda Mckenzie marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Kelly
Kelly added it
Jun 22, 2014
Stephanie Brush
Stephanie Brush marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
  • On The Edge (NASCAR, #3)
  • Hearts Under Caution (Harlequin NASCAR, #1)
  • Secret Santa (Harlequin Blaze, #292)
  • Red Hot Santa
  • To All A Good Night
  • Better Naughty Than Nice: No Mistletoe Required\Her Secret Santa\Snug in His Bed (Harlequin Blaze, #507)
  • She Did A Bad, Bad Thing (Million Dollar Secrets, #1)
  • A Very Merry Christmas
  • French Twist
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas (Includes: Bullet Catcher)
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Seventh Heaven
I've always been an incurable romantic. While I enjoy reading all types of fiction, my favorites, the books that touch my soul, are romance novels. From sexy to thrilling, sweet to humorous, I like them all. But what I really love is writing romance--the hotter the better!

I started my first novel back in high school and have been writing ever since. To date, I've published over thirty novels, one...more
More about Kimberly Raye...
Dead End Dating (Dead End Dating, #1) Dead and Dateless (Dead End Dating, #2) Your Coffin or Mine? (Dead End Dating, #3) Just One Bite (Dead End Dating, #4) Sucker for Love (Dead End Dating, #5)