Start by marking “Baby Under the Christmas Tree” as Want to Read:
Baby Under the Christmas Tree

Baby Under the Christmas Tree

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  21 reviews

San Diego hockey team's PR director Elle Austin goes beyond the call of duty to keep their rebel captain in check--even playing nanny to his son!
Max Beasley knows nothing about looking after a baby, so he enlists Elle's help after little Troy is left on his doorstep by his irresponsible ex.
Maybe it's the spirit of Christmas, or seeing Max's softer side, but Elle wishes h
Published December 1st 2012 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Baby Under the Christmas Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Under the Christmas Tree

Susan
Excellent book. I really liked both Elle and Max. Elle is the youngest in a family with four older brothers. She has been inundated in the sports world all her life. She would really like to find a man who can also appreciate other things in life. When she is called in to help Max with his son, she is very leery. Max is known as The Beast on the ice and is famous for being a commitment phobic loner. She has been unwillingly attracted to him for months, but he doesn't fit her idea of what she wan ...more
Guilty Pleasures
Rhayne's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4 Stars

Baby Under the Christmas Tree is a sweet, fast-paced, story full of holiday magic and sparkling love.
Max is an enforcer for the San Diego Thunder hockey team. He lives for the game. He is not looking for a relationship and doesn’t have time for anything permanent in his life.

Elle works in the PR department for the team. Organization is the foundation to her life. Her dream is to take over as Director when her boss retires in a year.
Jac (For Love and Books)
I have been on a sports romance kick, specifically hockey, for a few weeks now. I was out of books (sports romance) on my kindle and my daughter was wanting a trip to the library, so I just punched “hockey” into the library catalogue and requested everything they had. (Only 3 books in the “Romance” section!) Baby Under the Christmas Tree was one of those three.

Elle and Max are such sweet characters. Max has a broken past (seems to be a common theme in the hockey romance world) and pushes everyon
Samantha
The only way to describe Teresa Carpenter's masterpiece is to have you imagine yourself shipping your favourite fictional characters (Piper/Leo, Rachel/Ross, Snow/Charming ...you get the picture!).

That is how beautifully written Baby Under the Christmas Tree is, beautiful and funny and romantic, it's written ready for the TV Movie screen...all whilst being that secret daydream you have about the bad boy melting down and falling in love with you.

Max and Elle (never Ellie!) are a match made in...w
Rhonda
Baby Under the Christmas Tree by Teresa Carpenter
4 STARS
Baby Under the Christmas Tree has a play on Beauty and the Beast.
Elle Austin as little girl went to princess camp and she was Belle. She made some good friends thier. Elle had four brothers so she was always around sports and sports.
She wants different things in her adult life so she wants no sport loving guys and no athletes especially the Hocky team. Elle job is deputy of PR for hocky team.
She gets called in the middle of the night to go
Lisa (Fic Talk)

What I Liked:

A very smart, sharp and witty female lead who doesn't back down even though she has to deal with the shenanigans caused by famous athletes that she has to do PR for.

A very interesting male lead who isn't your typical famous athlete who does have a brain for things other than sports. Also, one that does have a softer side despite his nickname The Beast - and one that is a great parent who really cares about the welfare of his kid. And one that does have a lot to offer a woman be
A Tasty Read Book Reviews
If you are looking for a sweet, warm-hearted Christmas Romance, this one tops the cake. I had a great time watching Elle and Max get thrown together while trying to figure out how to handle Troy, Max's adorable toddler son who is dropped off by a babysitter when his irresponsible mother disappears.

Elle is supposed to be keeping the player's out of trouble, but this has thrust Max Beasley, bad boy of hockey, right into the spotlight. So now Elle is put on babysitting duty and with that, Max duty,
FicTalk Blog
Reviewed by Lisa

What I Liked:

A very smart, sharp and witty female lead who doesn’t back down even though she has to deal with the shenanigans caused by famous athletes that she has to do PR for.

A very interesting male lead who isn’t your typical famous athlete who does have a brain for things other than sports. Also, one that does have a softer side despite his nickname “The Beast” – and one that is a great parent who really cares about the welfare of his kid. And one that does have a lot to off
Julie Barrett
Baby Under the Christmas Tree by Teresa Carpenter
The book starts out with Elle Austin at Princess camp when she was a little girl and her friend gave her a notepad and told her to write down everything she could hear. All the ideas others were talking about.
That was the start of her career. She helped her dad with his job of athletic director by organizing everything associated with the teams. It got her to be the assistant where she was also the PR liaison for all the sports.
She loves order and
Nicky
I really liked this. It was completely predictable, but at the same time, hard to put down. You knew what was going to happen, but it was just so much fun reading it. Elle and Max were a great couple. They started out as enemies. She's a publicist for the hockey team he plays for and he's just enough trouble to jeep her busy. He's got baby mama drama and Elle helps him out. We get to see them bond over the baby. It's a sweet, quick read that left me smiling.
Emily

PR director Elle Austin can tackle any situation, except when it comes to team rebel Max “The Beast” Beasley. When Max runs into custody issues over his son, Elle is forced to get close to the man who drives her crazy. Everything about Max is primal, the chemistry between them sizzles, but his love em and leave him attitude has Elle not wanting to get close. Seeing him with his son though has Elle torn between what her heart wants and what will end up hurting her in the end. Max doesn’t do relat
Hsiau Wei
This book tell the story of the Beauty and The Beast ; i.e. Elle (a Deputy PR Director) who is being assigned to reduce the limit of damage on Max Beasley dubbed as the Beast when he determined to gain full custody of his son, Troy from his ex - girlfriend; Amber. Her job inclusive of taking care of Troy as Max is yet to arrange for someone to do so. Troy seems to be a great baby and i really like the snippet of quotes from him. Remind me of my own baby ;). The closeness that Elle have with Troy ...more
Kimberly
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

4.5 Stars This is a very sweet story. I am not sure it is a holiday story though. The Christmas part only takes place in the last 20 or so pages and barely much at that so this story can be read anytime of year.

The connection between Max and Elle is perfect. Max is a great guy who has a past to overcome and Elle is looking for her Mr. Right but is her Mr. Right who she expects it to be?

This is a perfect lay around the house read. Grab a cup of coffee, cur
Yazmin
Baby Under the Christmas Tree by Teresa Carpenter is a really fun and nice holiday read.

Elle Austin is San Diego hockey team’s PR director. She has to keep the players in line and out of trouble. But when she is called in the middle of the night to go bail out her players, she can’t help but be a little annoyed at Max Beasley for not keeping his teammates in line since they usually follow him.

Max Beasley has always liked Elle, but he knows that she is the white picket fence type of girl.Read Mor
Rhayne
If you’re looking for a heartwarming story sprinkled with spice, sass, and romance, you will really enjoy this. It wasn't full of a lot of drama and intense situations. It’s more about two people admitting their true feelings. With warm characters, an endearing child, and a story full of supportive secondary characters, this is a perfect book to read curled up around a fire with holiday lights twinkling in the background.

Entire review posted here: http://www.guiltypleasuresbookreviews...
Adriane
One of my weaknesses for books is any book that revolves around a sports figure! So when I read the synopsis for this one, I was hooked!

Sure enough, I loved it!

Elle is strong and in charge and totally smitten by Max, and it doesn't take much to fall for Troy either.

The characters are strong and fun, and give me sexy hockey players any day! Teresa Carpenter has written a winner in this one! I read it around Christmas time (it has just taken me until now to get the review up!) and this was a gr
Romantic Reads and Such
This is your typical story-line of a commitment-phobic man meeting his match, but Teresa Carpenter does a great job with it. For full review visit http://romanticreadsandsuch.wordpress...
JoAnne
To read my review on RomanceJunkies.com click on the link below:

Gail
Not the usual jock-girly girl story, Or maybe it is, but very well done. Liked it a lot.
Harlequin Books
Category: Classic Romance
Nicole
Nicole added it
Dec 16, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Alissa
Alissa marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Teresa Carpenter believes in the power of unconditional love, and that there’s no better place to find it than between the pages of a romance novel. Reading is a passion for Teresa—a passion that led to a calling. She began writing more than twenty years ago, and marks the sale of her first book as one of her happiest memories. A fifth-generation Californian, Teresa lives in San Diego, within mile ...more
More about Teresa Carpenter...
Her Baby, His Proposal The Boss's Surprise Son Baby Twins: Parents Needed Stolen Kiss From a Prince Sheriff Needs a Nanny