Environmental Monitoring with Arduino: Building Simple Devices to Collect Data about the World Around Us

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  4 reviews
After the devastating tsunami in 2011, DYIers in Japan built their own devices to detect radiation levels, then posted their finding on the Internet. Right now, thousands of people worldwide are tracking environmental conditions with monitoring devices they've built themselves. You can do it too!

This inspiring guide shows you how to use Arduino to create gadgets for measur...more
Published January 26th 2012 by Maker Media, Inc (first published December 22nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Environmental Monitoring with Arduino, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Environmental Monitoring with Arduino

John Constable
I bought this when OReilly had a one of their 50% off sales on Ardiono books. Since then I've bought a Rasberry Pi and have been trying to work out which project to do with it, so I wanted to read up on the assorted microelectronics sensor and communications books I'd accrued.

This nicely summed up a number of different projects, all of which you could approach after just reading 'Getting Started with Arduino" also from OReilly. I found, though, after reading it, that I was a bit puzzled. The cir...more
Toby
Some good basics if you are just getting started with arduino and have environmental monitoring in mind. One thing to keep in mind is that this is focused on specific gases and environmental stuff, not necessarily things like temperature, humidity and weather data.

You will definitely want to access the online code samples. The book seems to 'waste' a lot of space printing out the full code for the projects, so there is actually quite a bit less content than you'd expect.
Mosborne01
Good little introduction to the kinds of the weather stations that can be built with the arduino. Good fun.
Luiz Branco
Luiz Branco marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Josh
Josh added it
Mar 16, 2014
Ridhwanul Haque
Ridhwanul Haque marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
William Roe
William Roe marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
Angel
Angel is currently reading it
Nov 01, 2013
David
David added it
Oct 17, 2013
Brian Dichter
Brian Dichter marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2013
Davidnunez
Davidnunez marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2013
Ben
Ben added it
Jul 21, 2013
Thomas
Thomas marked it as to-read
May 27, 2013
Craig Maloney
Craig Maloney marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2013
Julia
Julia is currently reading it
Feb 22, 2013
I'm a freelance journalist and editor covering the environment, technology, and science. My work has appeared both online and in print, in Popular Mechanics, Scientific American, Whole Living, Dwell, Talking Points Memo, OnEarth Magazine, Grist, and more.

Genres: Environment, science, sustainability, do-it-yourself, technology
More about Emily Gertz...
Environmental Monitoring with Arduino Monitorowanie Otoczenia Z Arduino Monitorowanie Otoczenia Z Arduino Monitorowanie Otoczenia Z Arduino Sensor Networks