Start by marking “Fatal Justice (Fatal #2)” as Want to Read:
Fatal Justice (Fatal #2)

Fatal Justice (Fatal #2)

4.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,785 Ratings  ·  259 Reviews
She looked into the dead face of the man she'd dined with the night before

Standing over the body of a Supreme Court nominee, Lieutenant Sam Holland is hip-deep in another high-profile murder case. The fact that she was one of the last people to see Julian Sinclair alive just complicates things even more. On the plus side, her relationship with Senator Nick Cappuano is heat
ebook
Published November 1st 2012 by Carina Press

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Fatal Justice is the second book in Marie Force’s Fatal series and another 5 star read!

This installment finds Lieutenant Sam Holland and Senator Nick Cuppuano feeling their way around their new relationship. It's obvious they're in love, but they're still getting to know one another and working as a couple, rather than individuals with no one else to think about. Not only do they have the added pressure of public scrutiny disrupting their private lives, but they’re also knee deep in another murd
Karla

2.5 Stars! Just not feeling these characters or this book, mediocre at best! I can put this in the Marie Force "miss" column!

Sorry kids, I know everyone loves this series, but after a good start with Fatal Affair, this was something of a flop for me. I felt like so much of the plot was recycled from the first book. I understand that the characters are all connected, but it just didn't do it for me. Over the top drama...too much going on. The killer...I didn't get it! I know people do stupid thin
Steffi
Fatal Justice is the second book in the Fatal Series by Marie Force. I already loved the first one but Fatal Justice was even better.
Again Sam works a case involving a political figure, in this case a friend of Nicks who was supposed to be a Supreme Court judge. Nick is of course devastated about another loss of a good friend and is kind of depressed for a while there. Sam also has a couple of new leads in her father's case.

Overall, I thought the book was great. Although I so enjoyed Fatal Af
Anne OK
Jan 06, 2011 Anne OK rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-reads
If you love romantic suspense, this series is a must. The first book, "Fatal Affair," whetted my appetite - the second installment, "Fatal Justice" has left me starving for more! Marie Force's "Fatal" ebook series set in Washington, D.C. amidst political intrigue and crime continues the evolving relationship between Nick and Sam, and is filled with great dialogue, wonderfully well-developed leads, good secondary characters, as well as the addition of some very amusing characters (Dr. Harry - you ...more
Fran
They are not Eve and Roarke but they will do. :)
Lauren
Fatal Justice
3 Stars

When the President’s nominee for the Supreme Court is found dead, newly promoted Detective Lieutenant Sam Holland finds herself knee-deep in another high-profile case. As she unravels the clues to the murder, Sam must also deal with changes in her personal life as her relationship with Senator Nick Cappuano moves in new and problematic directions.

Given the numerous 5 star rating and the comments on many of my groups raving about this series, it has become clear that I am in
Dee
Mar 12, 2012 Dee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes RS
This book continues on from Fatal Affair in which we met Samantha & Nick. Sam is a police Detective who has just received promotion to Lieutenant and Nick is now a US Senator. Sam is called out to a murder scene in the early hours of the morning only to find the victim is one of Nick's closest friends who was about to be appointed a Supreme Court Judge. Of course this is devastating to both Nick and his 'adoptive' family the O'Connors.

As well as following Sam and her team through the investi
Sue
Updated for a reading challenge:

This series gets better with each book, as our stars settle into their fiery hot relationship, real life gets in the way. Bad guys, politics and the media. It's funny I thought the first of the series was better at the time (6/2013). I'd say now this book was a touch better when you read the series again. Either are good though and I recommend if you are a fan of a couple series solving crimes. Though the crime was more interesting in book 1.

I want to be clear the
Pupottina

Giustizia a tutti i costi

Gli omicidi alla Casa Bianca non sono terminati. Questa volta viene ritrovato cadavere il prossimo esponente della Corte Suprema.
Il secondo romanzo, della serie Fatal, è ancora più coinvolgente del primo. Gli elementi del thriller, sempre presenti al massimo grado, lasciano spazio alla relazione intensamente intima nata tra l'ormai diventato senatore, Nick Cappuano, e la tenente, Samantha Holland. Una coppia di potere ben assortita, ma che è ancora agli inizi ed ha molt
Marleen
Jan 10, 2016 Marleen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really should heed my own advice – when I told myself to simply not read any more of these Fatal series, I should have done it. In itself, the premise of the series sounds good. You have a female lieutenant, Sam Holland, in the Metropolitan D.C. police whose love of her life is newly minted Virginia Senator, Nicholas Cappuano. They are both charismatic and head-strong, and have busy schedules. The books present us with her police work and his politicking, but it’s all so trivial and shallow. W ...more
Denise ~The Procrastinating Book Diva~

3 Lackluster Stars

Although I really like Sam & Nick, Fatal Justice was a bit of a mess. Despite a great romance and fantastic secondary characters, the excessive rehashing of details from the first book became tiresome and detracted from the current storyline. Along with the ridiculously silly confrontation / conclusion to the murder mystery and Sam & Nick's relationship drama overkill this read was nearly unsalvageable. However, it's saving grace for me was the delicious Cruz, the ong
Mojca
Darn! I really wanted to love this book, but ended up liking it at best. Why? Well, there was just too much going on at once - two separate investigations (one of them an almost cold case), a secondary character getting his own sub-plot so he could lose his virginity (TMI!), the whole ping-pong between Sam and Nick...I sort of understood him and his (ONE!) momentary lapse of judgment, but she, boy, she had no clue what she wanted.

And that was the biggest problem for me. The mighty, ballsy, snark
Elvan
Apr 24, 2013 Elvan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read. I'm getting over my JD Robb yips and enjoying Sam and Nick more. The whodunnit was a wee bit too easily resolved but Force is just getting up to speed on this romantic suspense genre so I'll give her a B for suspense and an A for the romantic part. Wow..she does write a hot scene.
Silvia
Wonderful series

Fatal Justice brings us more of the continuing saga of Lt. Sam Holland and her boyfriend, Senator Nick Cappuano. There's more high speed chases, crime scenes, and a whole lot of love. We also get to learn more about the secondary characters, Detectives Freddie and Gonzo, who play important supporting roles which adds more depth to the story. In this particular book we see the the third branch of the U.S. Government come into play, as a potential Supreme Court Justice is involved.
May Mostly Romance
นีเปนอีกครังนึงของรีวิวสองภาษาของแมกซนะคะ เริมดวยภาษาอังกฤษกอนแลวกัน

Fatal Justice by Marie Force

I heard a lot of buzzes about the Fatal Series by Marie Force but for some reasons I never got to buy the first book in the series, Fatal Affair. So when I received an opportunity from Carina Press, a division of Harlequin Enterpries to review this book via Netgally, I am excited.

And I was hooked into the story from the beginning.

Fatal Justice is the second book in the Fatal Series but I feel it is
Janga
Jan 20, 2011 Janga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve wondered for some time why there were not more romances set in Washington, D. C. I even blogged about the lack once at Romance Vagabonds. So when NetGalley offered Fatal Justice by Marie Force, a romantic suspense set in that city, I requested a review copy. I’m glad I did because it was a terrific read. I’m planning to backtrack and read book 1 in the series, Fatal Affair, and I’m looking forward to Fatal Consequences in July 2011 (all from Carina Press).

The suspense plot in Fatal Justice
GraceMyBookSnack
Fan-freaking-tastic!

I became a huge fan of Sam and Nick in the first book. I fell in love with them even more and thought book #2 of the Fatal series was even better than the first! This one has another murder to solve that had me exclaiming “No way!” at the end. Plenty of action, suspense, and excitement!

One of the things I appreciate the most is the amazing character development. We get to see all the flaws, growth, and change of the main characters fully fleshed out. For instance, Sam's partn
Sunny
I thought the first book was good, this one is even better. I absolutely love this story. It is a perfectly balanced fare of crime, suspense and romance. This is book 2 in Marie Force's Fatal Series. It is the continuing story of newly promoted Lt. Samantha Holland and new appointed US Senator Nick Cappuano.

Nick is an easy character to love. He is so warm, gentle, manly, caring and devoted. His is outwardly emotional and wears his love for Samantha on his sleeve. Sam is a little more prickly. I
Ami
Feb 07, 2011 Ami rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
That's it, I'm HOOKED with this series. I read this non-stop because I'm so engrossed with what Sam Holland and Nick Cappuano is going through few weeks after what happened in book #1. The pace is faster and Sam is facing two cases: one is domestic disturbance that might have connection to her Dad's shooting two years ago and the other one is a murder of Nick's friend, Julian Sinclair, a liberal gay professor who is going to be nominated for High Court.

I really enjoy the progress of Sam and Nick
Trea
This is one series that you have to read in order, and have practically no downtime between the books! It builds right on the heels of the last book, so keeping that in mind, there’s not an instantaneous dead body. To me, this is a good thing, as it allows for character building.

We learn a good bit more about Sam in this book, and how much she has the potential to really hurt Nick’s career. On the flip side of that though, is how much her privacy will be violated by staying with Nick, and she’s
Vikki Vaught
While I love Nick's character, I struggle with Sam. I do enjoy strong heroines, but I still want them to show their feminine side. Sam is so hardened that when she does show her femininity, it seems out of character to me.

I do love the fast pace and the chemistry between Nick and Sam is off the charts. Overall an enjoyable read. Happy reading!
Marlene
Jul 24, 2016 Marlene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published at Reading Reality

I’m convinced that Eve Dallas and Sam Holland are sisters under the skin. And for those of us who wait with bated breath for the next installment in the lives of Dallas and Rourke and the denizens of the NYPSD, Sam Holland and Nick Cappuano make a terrific early 21st century alternative.

In this second installment of the Fatal series, Sam and Nick are still negotiating the terms of their relationship. Sam is a newly minted Lieutenant in the fictional Washing
Kjen
Jul 21, 2013 Kjen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars...Just loving this series! I thought that the issue of the danger of loving a cop was done very well. Nick is not Roarke so there was some drama involved in resolving this issue. I do think Force's writing style is evolving. I was more satisfied with the fleshing out of feelings and flow when compared to the first book. Very much looking forward to the third book. Really hope one thing doesn't happen that was mentioned but I won't put that spoiler in here!
Wendy
I thought I loved Fatal Affair, well I loved this book even more! Absolutely fabulous! If you love a little action and a great love story with wonderful characters who I adore, this book is definitely for you.
Lara
Oct 02, 2015 Lara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-to-read, 2015
I liked this book much better than the first in the series. Sam is jittery about moving in with John, and a professor he's been friends with since college is being nominated to the Supreme Court. The first third or so is a bit quiet, more about Sam and John's relationship and each of them starting in their new positions. Then we get the murder and everything gets crazy. There are so many things going on at once my head was spinning for a minute. After a while they smooth out as the focus grows o ...more
Ira
Mar 09, 2016 Ira rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 stars!

Getting there, I already loves Nick but need bit more persuasion before I love Sam too.
She have too much baggage and her past keep influencing her decision, which annoys me so much. She didn't as strong as Eve I'm afraid, gosh! Didn't I promise myself not to compare these two???

Right, the story is good but the similarity with the first book is a bit too much, pity really:(

One thing thought this series keep me hooked, and I certainly will read all the books in the series.

Btw how old is
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Book 2 in this series tended to drag and drag big time. For me, the first 100 pages could have been reduced significantly.

I kept getting pulled out of the story as the relationship issues seemed more contrived than real. Sam's character became less interesting and more irritating. Nick's character turned from strong and supportive to bordering on whipped.

I wasn't interested in the political agenda of abortion and women's rights. I like hot issue items to be kept out of my fiction. It's not a dis
BBMoreB ~
Jan 24, 2016 BBMoreB ~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazon-vine
Suspense author Marie Force amplifies the passion and reignites old insecurities in her second installment of the Fatal Series. Recently promoted Lieutenant Sam Holland is embroiled in another high-profile murder case. Also her relationship with the newly appointed Virginia State Senator, Nick Cappuano is attracting a surplus of unwanted media attention. I enjoyed the challenging situations the author developed for these adorable characters, but mostly it is the realistic resolutions that kept t ...more
Paige
I really loved FATAL JUSTICE. I loved that Nick and Sam were already established, the bumps they withstood and the danger they faced.

***Details***

Nick and his honorary family just can’t catch a break when longtime friend and Supreme Court nominee is killed. Sam's first case as Lieutenant isn’t an easy one as she has to deal with an internal investigation, the media, criminals and the bumps of a new relationship.

Nick is making huge waves as senator, getting John’s bill passed has him in the dem
  • Dead By Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (I-Team #7.5)
  • Relentless (Suspense Series, #4)
  • Face of Danger (The Guardian Angelinos, #3)
  • Deep Disclosure (A-Tac, #4)
  • Under Fire  (Under Fire #1)
  • Run to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #3)
  • Deadly Lies (Deadly, #3)
aka M.S. Force

About the Author
About the Author
***Start reading Marie's New York Times Bestselling Gansett Island Series today with Maid for Love, free on Amazon. You can also sign up for Marie's newsletter at marieforce.com on the left hand side of the page.***

Marie Force is the New York Times bestselling author of contemporary romance, including the Gansett Island Series, which has sold more than
More about Marie Force...

Fatal (10 books)
  • Fatal Affair (Fatal, #1)
  • Fatal Consequences (Fatal, #3)
  • Fatal Flaw (Fatal, #4)
  • Fatal Deception (Fatal, #5)
  • Fatal Mistake (Fatal, #6)
  • Fatal Jeopardy (Fatal, #7)
  • Fatal Scandal (Fatal, #8)
  • Fatal Frenzy (Fatal, #9)
  • Fatal Identity (Fatal, #10)