Start by marking “Fatal Flaw (Fatal, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fatal Flaw (Fatal, #4)

Fatal Flaw (Fatal #4)

4.44  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,587 Ratings  ·  171 Reviews
Back from their honeymoon, Senator Nick Cappuano and D.C. Police Lieutenant Sam Holland are ready for some normalcy after the whirlwind of their wedding, but someone has other plans for them. When Sam discovers wedding cards containing thinly veiled death threats, she's not sure if she or Nick is the target.

Already on edge, Sam and her team start investigating a series of
ebook
Published July 1st 2012 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Flaw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fatal Flaw

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

When it comes to romantic suspense, Marie Force delivers exciting, believable stories, and Fatal Flaw, the fourth book in the Fatal series is no exception.

Senator Nick Cappuano and D.C. Police Lieutenant Samantha Holland are home from their two week, romantic honeymoon on Bora Bora. Literally, just minutes past midnight on her official ‘first day back,’ Sam gets called to work, and it begins. With investigations, campaigning, cold cases, threats, cheating husbands, missing people and murder, Sa
Jonetta
Apr 19, 2015 Jonetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's so much going on in this story! Sam and Nick return from their honeymoon and everything seems to be running amok. Among their wedding acknowledgements are some cards that are threatening, Skip Holland gets ill and there are a series of inexplicable murders that don't seem to be connected. If that's not enough, Sam has her detectives looking into the one case Skip was never able to solve

I enjoyed how the police work and the relationship issues were woven throughout the book. It's not jus
Wendy
Sam and Nick return from their honeymoon, to be faced with a double murder and threatening letters to both their safety. This really shows the other facet to their characters in how they deal with the issues ahead of them and their committed love for one another. Which by the way is sublime. Nick Cappuano can "park his shoes" under my bed anyday!

Nick Cappuano.

nick c.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the secondary stories, involving the other characters. It was like coming home, to people you love. So good.

Loo
Anne OK
Feb 06, 2012 Anne OK rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads
The honeymoon is definitely not over for Nick and Sam! But apparently it is their destiny to be cursed with continual confrontations and interruptions from all sides of the law. But never fear because these two are hotter than ever and their relationship steadily grows stronger. Sam and Nick's relationship remains front and center in every story, the cases continue to be "arresting" and captivating, the storylines developing among the secondary cast are equally as dazzling to read, along with th ...more
ShoSho
Not too bad but a step down from the last book!
willaful
Returning from her honeymoon (after getting married to Senator Nick Cappuano in Fatal Destiny: The Fatal Series Wedding Novella), Police Lieutenant Sam Holland finds herself plunged abruptly back into the world of investigating crime. Someone is killing people who seemingly don’t have an enemy in the world; someone else is sending Nick and Sam distinctly unfriendly sounding “congratulation” cards. Or could there be a connection between the two?

This was my first time trying this series; my first
Steffi
Original Review: Swept Away By Romance

Nick and Sam have just come back from their honeymoon on Bora Bora. Now that they’re back home, they know that they are going to be busy again but they definitely didn’t expect to come back to a serial murder case or the personal threats they both receive. On top of all that, Sam’s father faces serious health issues and they are trying to adopt the boy that has grown to be like a son to them.

I have loved every single book in the series so far and after that
Bigd_041555
Nov 15, 2015 Bigd_041555 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book - didn't know who did it until the last couple chapters. Very good plot line, well written - really like this author and this series in particular.

Highly recommend this series - two thumbs up!
A Tasty Read Book Reviews
Jan 24, 2012 A Tasty Read Book Reviews rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who LOVE a Great Romance Suspense Series

The Only FLAW in Fatal Flaw was that it ENDED!! I NEEDED MORE!!

Let me tell you, a Samantha IN LOVE is a Samantha I love!! From the first page we have our Nick and Sam back, and not just back from Bora Bora, where they Honeymooned, but we get the Sam and Nick who love each other more than anything in the world, and I didn't think I could fall anymore in love with this Series, but Marie made it possible!

So, here we have Sam and Nick, In Love and Happy....well....that
Vettech
May 30, 2013 Vettech rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great page turner from Marie Force. I'm not usually a violent person...ask anyone!!! However, when the bad nasty serial killer broke into my girl Sam's house and slashed all her clothes including her beautiful wedding dress made by Vera Wang.....well, that was the last straw!! I wanted to string them up by their finger nails. Poor Sam was just heartbroken over the dress.

Marie is oh so clever with the murders in these books. You just never know who the killer is till the end.

Nick & S
Kjen
Apr 14, 2013 Kjen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Love how this series just keeps getting better. Sam and Nick are awesome! Loving the Scotty story line and the wisdom of Graham O'Conner in that area. Sam and Nick are truly blessed with the village that surrounds them. I can't write a very long review because I need to go and start the next book! Enjoy...
Angela
Apr 18, 2013 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wished there was more space to put more stars. I cannot say enough about this series, the only thing is I wished there were more in this series. Next to the "In Death" series this has to be my next favourite series. Love reading it more with each book. Really recommend this series to anyone.
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
Another great read in this series!
May Mostly Romance
ชอบเรืองชุดนีทีเลม Fatal Justice มาก ๆ (ซึงเปนเลมสองในชุด แตเปนเลมแรกในชุดนีทีเราอาน) มากขนาดกลับไปไลอานเลมหนึง แลวกติดตามเลมตอ ๆ ไปเรือยมา

แตกตองบอกตามตรงนะคะวา เรารูสึกวา คุณภาพของงานในชุดนีดอยถอยลง มันไมถึงกับชัดแจงเทาไหรในเลมสาม แตพอมาถึงเลมนี ซึงเปนเลมสีในชุด เหนไดชัดเลยคะ เพราะประเดนในสวนของความสัมพันธระหวางพระนางไดลงตัวไปแลว (แตงงานเรียบรอย รักกันหวานชืน) คนรอบขางกมีความสุข ตกอยูในหวงรักกันหมด ทีแยกคือ ประเดนเรืองการสืบสวนของเลมนีไมนาสนใจเอาเสียเลย

เรารูสึกเหมือนเปนอาถรรพนะคะ เรืองทีใชพระน
Cocktails and Books
If you aren't up to speed on the magnificent Fatal Series, our central characters are Samantha Holland, Metro Police Lieutenant in the homicide division and Senator Nick Cappuano. At the beginning of the series, they were reunited during the murder investigation for Nick's best friend, Senator John O'Conner. They have spent the past three books on a whirlwind romance filled with intrigue, murder, and mayhem.

After Fatal Destiny, the wedding novella, I was convinced that Sam and Nick weren't going
Annii
Feb 06, 2012 Annii rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Fatal Flaw begins with Sam and Nick returning from their honeymoon in Bora Bora. Their troubles being with a double murder and wedding cards which arrive congratulating them on their marriage, all is normal until Sam discovers threatening notes to both herself and Nick.
We see a very different relationship between Nick and Sam now they are married, Sam’s earlier issues with informing Nick about concerns and threats mad against her life seem to be cleared. Their relationship seems to be heading in
Wminbc
May 31, 2013 Wminbc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nick and Sam have finally done it! Married and just back from their two week honeymoon, they both reluctantly face the real world. For Sam, that real world greets her with a double homicide. For Nick, campaigning and bags and bags of congratulatory mail. Sam is back in true form. The hard nosed cop throws herself into the investigation, but comes up blank when the puzzle pieces won't fit together.

To make matters worse, Sam opens one of the Wedding cards left on her desk to discover a none too v
Judith
Jan 27, 2012 Judith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 out of 5. This fourth book in the series continues the story of Lt. Samantha Holland and her now husband Senator Nick Cappuano. Those of us who have agonized through the ups and downs of this decorated police officer's experiences were delighted that Sam and Nick made it to the altar, but the "spit" hit the fan just minutes after Sam is once again on duty after returning from their honeymoon. People are dying--people who are good, who have no enemies, no one who would have a motive for kill ...more
Christa
Feb 08, 2012 Christa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-arc
Fatal Flaw is a great addition to the Fatal series. I love the characters of Lt. Samantha Holland and Senatur Nick Cappuana, and this book was a satisfying continuation of their story. As usual, there was plenty of steam and chemistry between the two main characters amid a suspenseful and fast paced storyline. I am already impatient to see what happens next in the lives of these two great characters.

Lt. Sam Holland returns from her honeymoon with her new husband, Senator Nick Cappuano to find m
Ami
Feb 07, 2012 Ami rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Sue
Dec 10, 2015 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read for a reading challenge.

This book was not as good as the others, the murders were disjointed and pulling it together was plausible but didn't have the political punch of the other novels. I think it's a plot requirement for this series, someone has to be involved politically.

The Relationship aspect another 5
The plot 4

Definitely, definitely good enough to want to read the next in series, but I hope book 5 delivers more of a political punch, didn't realize just how necessary it was till it
Cris
Feb 08, 2012 Cris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Marie Force's entire Fatal series--the main power couple of Nick and Sam is real and fantastic (albeit at times Nick is almost too perfect), all the 'secondary' characters are incredibly fleshed out and get their moments to shine throughout the various books, and the writing is fast-paced and tight. This fourth instalment [excluding the novella] delivers more of what has made Marie a force (no pun intended!) in the world of romantic suspense & contemporary romance, and what fans of th ...more
Amanda
Feb 08, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 5 in the series is not like most series that you think the first is the best. This could be the best one in the series so far! The only "Flaw" was that the book ended and left me wanting LOTS more. (Please write faster and faster Marie, I have to know what happens!)

Sam and Nick just back from Bora Bora are so in love and having a hard time wanting to go back to work. Murders throughout the city targeting them makes Sam head back to work faster than she expected or wanted. This case at times
Trea
This was pretty good, but not as good as others in the series. The mystery felt thrown into the story and not fully developed. I liked the advancement of the character plots, and the surprising developments there, as well as how each book seems to build upon the last ones. The book felt a lot shorter than it actually was and I was able to read it in about a day. They do keep me entertained and coming back to the series!
Nicky
May 21, 2015 Nicky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This author sure knows how to spin a story. The twists and turns continue in this instalment. I love the relationships blossoming amongst the chaos of police investigations & political drama. This series is so well written, you feel like you are a part of all the drama & can identify with all the characters & their personal situations. This book was provided to me by Goodreads First Read & I must say, it did not disappoint. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.
Linda
Jun 24, 2015 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marie Force has another fantastic job in creating an addicting yet thrilling read! She has create more thrilling cases that it will capture the reader attention. She has also create more loving yet passionate scenes between Sam and Nick. Sam and Nick have came back from their wonderful and loving honeymoon that they do not want to go back to their job. However, nothing stops when murder occur. Things get more complicated and dangerous when the victim appear to be them when deadly threats are sen ...more
**Manjula ♥ Connor Cobalt**
OH MY GOSH, I think I just cried.

No, it wasn't that Sam couldn't catch a break in this book.

Nor was it Nick's devastating disappointment when he heard "No".

It was Terry. Dear alcoholic Terry. PURE SWEET REDEMPTION. His speech at AA, reduced me to tears.

Here's to everyone who's really working to make their second chances count. YOU ROCK!
Ann
Feb 23, 2012 Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fav-author, audiobook
Love this series. Sam and Nick just get better and stronger in each bk. A lot of suspense in this one with rather an abrupt ending. Still too many loose ends not yet tied up I assume will continue on in the next installment. Can't wait to see how everything turns out - with Scotty, Skip's case, Jeannie/Michael, Freddie/Elin, Gonzo/Christine, Terry/Lyndsay....
Paige
I really struggled with this one.

FLATAL FLAW is the first Fatal book that I didn’t care for. The murders were uninteresting, the action was nonexistent and I didn’t feel as much heat between Nick and Sam.

Normal, well-liked people were being murdered and Sam has no clues as to who is killing them. While this may seem interesting, it doesn’t carry interest for long, unlike in the previous books where the murders were high-profiled people.

Because the murders were so plain, the action was also do
Chris
Feb 16, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked it! I love the dynamic between Sam and the other characters, especially her father. I like how Marie Force wraps up enough of each storyline to satisfy the reader but there are still some unresolved issues.
Romance Lovers fo...: Fatal Consequences (Fatal #4) Start Date: December 7, 2015 49 35 Dec 28, 2015 12:08PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: * Fatal Series 3 7 Apr 30, 2015 12:33PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Fatal Flaw Discussion 2 4 Apr 30, 2015 12:07PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add Cover 2 15 Jun 08, 2014 06:44PM
  • Relentless (Suspense Series, #4)
  • Sweet Justice (Last Chance Rescue, #7)
  • If You See Her (The Ash Trilogy, #2)
  • Skin Deep (I-Team, #5.5)
  • Under Fire  (Under Fire #1)
  • Daring (A-Tac, #3.5)
  • Shades of Desire (SIG, #1)
  • Deadly Dreams (Mindhunters, #5)
  • In Rides Trouble (Black Knights Inc., #2)
  • Guarding Jess (McCormack Security Agency, #2)
aka M.S. Force

About the Author
About the Author
***Start reading Marie's New York Times Bestselling Gansett Island Series today with Maid for Love, free on Amazon. You can also sign up for Marie's newsletter at marieforce.com on the left hand side of the page.***

Marie Force is the New York Times bestselling author of contemporary romance, including the Gansett Island Series, which has sold more than
More about Marie Force...

Fatal (10 books)
  • Fatal Affair (Fatal, #1)
  • Fatal Justice (Fatal, #2)
  • Fatal Consequences (Fatal, #3)
  • Fatal Deception (Fatal, #5)
  • Fatal Mistake (Fatal, #6)
  • Fatal Jeopardy (Fatal, #7)
  • Fatal Scandal (Fatal, #8)
  • Fatal Frenzy (Fatal, #9)
  • Fatal Identity