Start by marking “reMIND: Volume 2” as Want to Read:
reMIND: Volume 2

reMIND: Volume 2 (reMIND #2)

The search for the truth about his mysterious transformation has led Victuals back home, where he finds his old body inhabited by King Erzatz of the Lizard men, now bent on making any sacrifice necessary to cheat mortality - including his own daughter Princess Cyrene. But an even greater and more ancient danger lurks still deeper beneath them, one whose rise could spell ...more
Published April 1st 2013 by Coffee Table Comics (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about reMIND, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about reMIND

Matt
Apr 25, 2013 Matt rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
The second volume, like the first, moves at a blistering pace. But the story is still fun and the artwork coffee table ready. I do wish there was more, and given that there are some open questions at the end of the second book there is certainly room for more adventures; however, it seems like Mr. Brubaker is moving on to other projects, which also promises other kinds of new adventures. As to theme, there is a little strain of reconciling open-mindedness with religion, but it's not really ...more
rick.
Oct 14, 2014 rick. rated it really liked it
reMIND: Volume 2 continues to deliver beautiful artwork and character design all the while expanding the scope considerably. We see beyond the lizard and human civilizations to something greater which impacts them all. We learn of the depths of the deceit and betrayal within the lizard kingdom and the truths of the modern religion. Perhaps too much is thrown in too fast because without Sonja's perspective I started to loose my immersion in those moments. Near the end a character which I previous ...more
Valerie
Apr 08, 2013 Valerie rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, comics, sci-fi
I'm just going to review the series as a whole.

reMIND is weird. It starts out weird. It ends weirder. I do not understand how talking cats, Lizard men, giant sea anemones, brain transplants, and steampunk suits fit together. Jason Brubaker does, though, and his story is one of the most original comics I've had the pleasure of reading. It's another one I pulled off my sister's shelf when I was staying with her over the summer and then jumped on the kickstarter campaign for volume 2. It arrived a
Mike
Oct 05, 2013 Mike rated it really liked it
Shelves: webcomics
reMIND has been released in webcomic form and is still available (for free) online.

Volume 2 continues directly from volume 1 and finishes the comic. Go back and read from the beginning.

** This review contains no spoilers for volume 2 but will have them for volume 1. **

Sonja's lifelong skepticism of her father's supernatural claims has been obliterated by meeting one of the lizard men he swore he saw. She helped him return to his underwater world to try and set right the actions of the deceitful
Tati Dengo
Jul 27, 2013 Tati Dengo rated it really liked it
A satisfying conclusion to Victuals' story. It is interspersed by unexpected and uncommon twists that make this a fresh narrative and not just your stereotypical: "oh he beats the bad guy up, gets the girl, becomes king and everybody's happy, the end."

Personally would have liked some more density in this volume's story since a lot pages are taken up by action scenes (yet these still contain important plot points).

On that note, I would love to read follow-up comics set in this universe, such as
Jaffa Kintigh
Oct 17, 2014 Jaffa Kintigh rated it liked it
Recommends it for: lovers of anime and graphic novels.
Shelves: fantasy, graphic
This is the continuation of the beautifully rendered graphic novel, reMIND: Volume 1, which has strong leanings into a world not unlike a Miyazaki anime. The plot-arc from the first volume that leads Victuals into the underwater realm of the lizard-men comes to fruition in this volume and a comfortable resolution without the feeling like there aren't more adventures to be had in forthcoming volumes.

The characters and fantasy-culture layer up quickly in this volume leading to a conclusion that is
Daniel
Dec 19, 2013 Daniel rated it really liked it
Having read this maybe one or two months ago, I contemplated a lot of ways how best to rate this book, because it was highly-anticipated by me after having read the first volume. I didn't want to admit that this wasn't as captivating as the first, because I didn't know why. The art (and layouts) didn't quite compare to the first; too many squandered pages trying to make "widescreen" panels work. I felt the first was slightly-more-lovingly crafted, wherein the second volume took the easy way out ...more
Rebekah
Dec 22, 2015 Rebekah rated it liked it
This was my first foray into graphic novels. I did it for a reading challenge and was quite skeptical about it. I must say, though, I did enjoy both Remind: Volume 1 and Remind: Volume 2. The artwork is very good and both creatively laid out on the page and an effective part of the story. The story itself was interesting, entertaining, and emotional as well.

I'm not saying I'm a new fan of the genre as a whole, but this was definitely a good entry into it.
Rebecca Schwarz
Jan 06, 2015 Rebecca Schwarz rated it really liked it
Sylvia got this for Christmas after we read the first volume from the library. I picked it up after she finished with it. Overall this duology is excellent, nearly perfect. I loved the artwork and the characters are all wonderful. The story is poignant. My only gripe is that there's just a bit too much going on in the finale. A bit too much brain trading, which got a bit confusing and stole the climaxes fire. Still a totally worthy journey. I'll be looking for more work by Brubaker.
Katharina Gerlach
May 16, 2014 Katharina Gerlach rated it it was amazing
Dieses Buch ist eine würdige Fortsetzung des ersten Bandes. Ich kann die Geschichte allen LeserInnen empfehlen. Sie eignet sich für junge LeserInnen genauso wie für ältere, ich würde sagen, sie ist familientauglich. Nur Kindern im Kindergartenalter sollte man diese Bücher noch nicht in die Hand geben. ;-)
Christopher
Mar 23, 2013 Christopher rated it really liked it
The art, including the colors and layout, are gorgeous in this wonderful story of faith and betrayal. I'm am really glad to have been part of the Kickstarter campaign that funded this book. I hope that Brubaker will have the opportunity to share with the readers what happens next in the lives of Sonja, Victuals, and Scruffy.
k.wing
Dec 02, 2014 k.wing rated it really liked it
I am pleased to say that I supported Jason's Kickstarter, and met him briefly at Phoenix Comicon 2013. The quality of this book doesn't disappoint, from the excellent binding and cover to the content. I especially liked reading about the evolution of reMIND, and how long Jason has been working on this dream.

Chelsea
Jul 07, 2015 Chelsea rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
The last one!??! But does he ever find the princess and his people again?! So many unanswered questions!

This volume contained a lot of action scenes and realizing how the brains were scientifically transplanted. It had a lot of fun and interesting twists and turns to it as well.
Jason
The ending felt too rushed and forced. The first one was paced way better. Also didn't buy the whole underwater brain transfer business. Too bad, because these are some great characters and a great story idea.
Zaz
Apr 16, 2016 Zaz rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books
3.5 Stars. Overall, my impressions were the same as for the 1st volume. The story had a very weird touch with the brains stuff, but it seemed a little more rushed. The atmosphere was really well rendered by the art, there was a good variety and some parts were great to look at.
Katie
May 27, 2015 Katie rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
The bizarre continuation & finale of reMIND Vol 1. (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...)

Yep, still weird. But still an interesting little tale. IF you can find a copy of this book, try giving it a read.
A.B.
Sep 07, 2015 A.B. rated it liked it
As good as Vol 1, I loved every image on the pages. Definitely a fun read when you need to occupy a few hours in an afternoon.
Beautiful underwater and underground art scenes, and a satisfying conclusions to the story with room to continue the adventures.
David Cole
David Cole rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2013
Andy Goldman
Andy Goldman rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2013
Andrea Brajnović
Andrea Brajnović rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2015
David
David rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2013
Przemysław Gumułka
Przemysław Gumułka rated it really liked it
May 28, 2013
Marty Gordon
Marty Gordon rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2015
Gabriel Roland
Gabriel Roland rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2014
Micah
Micah rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2015
Darren Cools
Darren Cools rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
Lew
Lew rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2013
Harrison
Harrison rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2014
D.j.
D.j. rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Secret of the Stone Frog: A TOON Graphic
  • Catspell (The Fairy Godmother Dilemma, #1)
  • Johnny Wander, Vol. 2: Escape to New York
  • The Four Treasures of Eirean (The Tir Na Nog, #1)
  • Namesake, Volume 1
  • Malinky Robot: Collected Stories and Other Bits
  • Family Pets
  • Excalibur: The Legend of King Arthur
  • Ava's Demon: Book One
  • Order of Tales
  • Small Town Witch: Love and Wonder (Small Town Witch #1)
  • Pirates of the Silver Coast (Three Thieves, #5)
  • Dream Corridor 1
  • The Last Hieroglyph
  • Interlopers
  • Dawn: The Return of the Goddess
  • The Best of Lucius Shepard
  • Princeless, Vol. 4: Be Yourself
Jason Brubaker works at Dreamworks Animation in Visual Development. At night, he puts on his cape and doubles as an independent graphic novelist and self-publisher.
--from the author's blog
More about Jason Brubaker...

reMIND (2 books)