Start by marking “My Devilish Scotsman (MacDonell Brides, #2)” as Want to Read:
My Devilish Scotsman (MacDonell Brides, #2)

My Devilish Scotsman (MacDonell Brides #2)

"From acclaimed author Jen Holling comes the second novel in a sensual new trilogy full of passion and intrigue about a trio of sisters with the remarkable gift of witchcraft."Gillian MacDonell has always felt lacking because, unlike her sisters, she did not inherit any mystical powers. But when her father arranges a match with notorious Nicholas Lyon, Earl of Kincreag -- ...more
Published June 28th 2005 by Pocket Books (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about My Devilish Scotsman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Devilish Scotsman

Zoe
Jul 26, 2015 Zoe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a rather unusual read. I usually stay away from novels with paranormal elements. But occasionally I can read a witchy or fairy book. The entire series is about how 3 witches found love. I was curious so downloaded one of them.

I like the writing a lot. It is not a chore to follow through. That helped me with the paranormal sections.

Nicholas was the unfortunate jilted groom from the heroine of the first book. Now he is to be paired with the 2nd sister, Gillian. Their encounter was ra
Muse Here
This one was not quite as enjoyable as the last. I kept trying to like the guy, but he was just so lacking I found it quite difficult. I adored the girl, found her to be clever, charming, adoring, loyal, quite believable. I just couldn't feel much for the guy, other than distaste and disappointment and despair until the very end. I did enjoy their romance though. Especially when he finally confronted her about her ridiculous 'deception' from the beginning, of course that was immediately followed ...more
Alicia
May 23, 2011 Alicia rated it it was amazing
Great book! One of the best books i've read in a while. It drew me and didn't let go, I didn't want to put it down. I would definately recommend this book. I enjoyed the storyline. It had suspense, drama, and comedy. I also enjoyed the paranormal part of it, the witchcraft, the ghosts. Very interesting book.
Julie
Apr 26, 2008 Julie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Scottish romance lovers
Recommended to Julie by: Amazon recommendations list
From Amazon:

In Holling's superb trilogy, it's 1597, and Scotland is no place for witches. After Alan MacDonell's wife was burned at the stake, he sent his three daughters away. Now he is dying and sends three escorts to bring them back to marry men he believes will protect them from the witch hysteria.Gillian is now to marry Nicholas Lyon, the powerful Earl of Kincreag. In their story, My Devilish Scotsman, Gillian is drawn to Nicholas and anxious to be a good countess since she has no discernab
Paranormal Romance
The last thing the hero wants is to be saddled to another wife-even one as beautiful at the heroine. But when his dying friend calls in a favor for the hero to marry his youngest daughter, he can't refuse. Betrayed by his first wife and grieving his dead son, the hero is at first cold and standoffish. His deep distrust of women is justified but he's having a hard time disliking his new betrothed. The heroine really wants to marry the Earl for 3 reasons. First off, it's her dying fathers wish and ...more
Kayla
Jan 06, 2010 Kayla rated it it was amazing
My Devilish Scotsman is Jen Holling's second book in her Brides of the Bloodstone trilogy. (The first is My Wicked Highlander.)

The trilogy follows the story of three sisters (each one with their own book). Two of the sisters are witches, but, the middle one, Gillian, is without any powers. It's a scary time to live in Scotland. Witch burnings are happening everywhere, and anyone can be a witch, even the neighbor's dog!
The girl's father had sent them away, to each live seperatly, where it woul
Patsyann
Aug 03, 2014 Patsyann rated it it was amazing
I am a sucker for dark, sexy, brooding heroes who need the heroine to heal them. That is my romantic novel guilty pleasure. This book caters to my guilty pleasure.
In this book, the heroine is perfect for the hero. They are opposites, light and dark, but they somehow find that part of them that fits together. That is what I enjoy in a romance. I figured out the whole mystery in the prologue, it didn’t matter, just having the hero on the page made everything all right.
Lots of ghosts, migraine he
Rachel
Feb 29, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
I just loved Nicholas! He was dark and mysterious at first. With rumors surrounding him and it just made him so sexy! Then when he took Gillian to see the wolves I was taken with him, so sweet. Then the way he held her at her mother's grave, it made him appear so human. But what got me was when he came outta the fog and rescued her, I was totally lost in him from then on. Even once he turned all soft, I still just loved him. Great character. Gillian was also a great character also. Wasn't really ...more
Kelly
May 19, 2011 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Finished the second book in the MacDonell Brides Trilogy and loved it as much as the third. Due to the availability of the books at my library I've had to read the trilogy backwards. While they would have been better read the correct way I didn't find myself confused or lost. I loved these two characters as much as I did the two in the third book. They were not perfect but that is what I loved most about them. Can't wait to read the first book and the others by an author who has quickly become o ...more
Gail
Feb 21, 2014 Gail rated it really liked it
Like the first "MacDonnell Brides" book, this paranormal Scottish romance novel satisfies in pretty much all ways except one: the foreshadowing is way too heavy-handed so that the reader is watching the characters fumble around in the dark, just waiting for them to catch up. That said, I still couldn't put it down and am eager to read the third installment!
Amanda
Dec 16, 2009 Amanda rated it liked it
First let me say that this is the second book in a trilogy so be warned if you did not know.

I really did like this book I read it all in one day and was just sucked into the story. Gillie and her sisters are amazing women and fun to read about. I DID find Nicholas's change of hard a little sudden but overall I liked the story.
Pam
Oct 08, 2007 Pam rated it really liked it

09/11/05 #159
TITLE/AUTHOR: MY DEVILISH SCOTSMAN by Jen Holling
RATING: 4.5/B+
GENRE/PUB DATE/# OF PGS: Romance, 2005, 356 pgs
COMMENTS: Historical/Paranormal romance -- 2nd in a trilogy. 3 sisters who are witches, different powers. Gillian has the ability to see ghosts and communicate w/ them. Fun story and a nice romance.
Tonya Warner
Gillian is to marry Nicholas, a man believed to have killed his first wife. She does not belive that. She loves him. Little did they know, but someone was not dead.

A very good story.
Dec 18, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it
The second book in the MacDonell Brides trilogy was hard to put down. Not as sensual as the first but the storyline was better. Looking forward to the last book.

Plot = A
Romance = B
Sensuality = B
BOOK = B+
Lisa
Mar 25, 2009 Lisa rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lisa by: Jenny
This is the second novel in the MacDonnell Brides Trilogy. The most intriguing part of the book is the mystery surrounding Nicholas Lyons and his past. The gradual development of the relationship between Nicholas and Gillian also provided some nice romantic moments.
LInda L
Mar 16, 2008 LInda L rated it liked it
Another Scottish love story/mystery/witchcraft effort. Pretty good, and the second in a trilogy about 3 sisters who all have "powers". Because I love historical romances set in Scotland, I loved it. Others may find it quite unbelievable........
Al *the serial series skipper*
Sep 26, 2015 Al *the serial series skipper* rated it really liked it
Loved it! i was so excited to read in the previous book that Nicholas will make another appearance and this time as the H. Really loved Gillian getting her powers back. Cant wait to read about Rose
Dawn
Mar 01, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
Gillian has inherited no magic until she discovers she can speak to the dead, Marries Nicholas with a haunted castle.
Marika
Jul 28, 2011 Marika rated it it was amazing
It was amazing, I love the first book because of the romance, I loved this book because of the plot, I hope I love the next book just as much
Rebekah
Rebekah rated it liked it
May 28, 2010
Judy Liber
Judy Liber rated it really liked it
May 11, 2013
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2010
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2014
Helen aka Pyewacket
Helen aka Pyewacket rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Subashiny
Subashiny rated it really liked it
May 30, 2012
Anita
Anita rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2011
Tammicco
Tammicco rated it it was ok
Sep 21, 2014
Kellie
Kellie rated it really liked it
May 06, 2013
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2014
Christy Gabel
Christy Gabel rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
What's The Name o...: Scottish Medieval/Paranormal Romance [s] 3 30 Jul 20, 2013 05:56AM
  • The Highlander's Bride (Highlander Duo, #2)
  • Taken By The Laird (Regency Flings, #2)
  • Highlander Ever After (Nvengaria #3)
  • Highland Dragon
  • Her Scottish Groom
  • Highland Rogue (Clan MacKenzie #2)
  • The Legend (Torridon, #1)
  • The Highlander (Medieval Warriors Trilogy, #3)
  • Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)
  • A Borrowed Scot (The Tulloch Sgàthán Trilogy, #3)
  • A Highlander's Temptation (MacKenzie, #7)
  • Highland Fires (Druid's Glen, #4)
  • Highlander in Love (Lockhart Family, #3)
  • Adventures of a Scottish Heiress
  • The Border Lord
  • Highland Sinner (Murray Family, #16)
  • Highland Outlaw (Campbell Trilogy, #2)
  • The Highlander's Sword (Highlander #1)
Jen Holling lives in Oklahoma with her two children, boyfriend, and pets. She spent six years in the Air Force and holds degrees in electronics and behavioral studies. Her interests include reading, exercise, hiking, movies, music, and travel.
More about Jen Holling...

MacDonell Brides (5 books)
  • My Wicked Highlander (MacDonell Brides, #1)
  • My Shadow Warrior (MacDonell Brides, #3)
  • My Immortal Protector (MacDonell Brides #4)
  • My Immortal Promise (MacDonell Brides, #5)