A Devilish Dilemma

A Devilish Dilemma

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  6 reviews
An Exceptional Young Lady ...And An Earl With A Reputation For Danger

When Miss Minerva Potts cried off her engagement to the self-absorbed Lord Whithall, she vowed not to marry at all, or if she must, she would choose as the gentlemen obviously did--for comfort, prestige, and convenience. Then she met Chadwick Brunfield, Earl of Rossland. Known as the Devil's Delight, the...more
Published January 1st 1998 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about A Devilish Dilemma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Devilish Dilemma

Christopher
The novel has much to recommend it in terms of dialogue and humor, although the frivolity started to annoy me after a while. The hero especially. After a quarter of the book, he sees the heroine only as a great gun and laughs at situations that aren't lighthearted. The hero's friend is even worse, a chump that runs away whenever his wife cries.

And then after rescuing a fourteen year old from a life of prostitution, the hero kisses the girl on the lips - which I found distasteful in the extreme.

"...more
Qnpoohbear
Miss Minerva Potts is a singularly unremarkable young lady but that doesn't mean she has to put up with her future husband burying her in the country while he carouses in London. So Mina calls off the engagement with Lord Whithall and runs out of a party and into the streets where she's rescued by a handsome, charming young gentleman, the Devil's Delight himself, the Earl of Rossland. Chadwick Brumfield has the worst reputation in London. He's known as the Devil's Delight because everything he d...more
Lokien
A real fast pace witty love story.This one had everything, a sperned fiance, spys, kiddnapping, cazy relatives and bad ton reputations. needless to say...I loved it! deffinatly one for the shelf.
Cindy
I enjoyed this book. It starts with Minerva being humiliated when she overhears her fiance talking about what a stupid, biddable wife she will be. She rushes off in tears and runs right into the Earl of Rossland. Lots of intrigue and plotting in this one. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit, until the end. The horrible French accents grated on my nerves. Other than that, it was pretty good.
Mary23nm
Very enjoyable story. Started out great but got a little slow in the middle. G-rated. I would definitely read more by this author.
Victoria
My favorite of Lansdowne's stories...so far. Her heroes are always comical, yet good and honest, men.
KU2
KU2 added it
May 04, 2014
Annabelle
Annabelle marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Tweety
Tweety marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Lindy
Lindy added it
Dec 31, 2013
Gabriela
Gabriela marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
BookwormWithGoggles
BookwormWithGoggles marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
May 12, 2013
Anna
Anna added it
Apr 27, 2013
Theresa Depiano
Theresa Depiano marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Since the publication of Amelia's Intrigue in 1995, Judith A. Lansdowne's Regency romances have received critical acclaim, garnered awards and entertained thousands of romance readers. Ms. Lansdowne began writing full-time in 1992, but it was only after her daughter introduced her to Regency romances that her work was published.

She grew up in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Following graduation from St. Josep...more
More about Judith A. Lansdowne...
The Bedeviled Duke Balmorrow's Bride Annabella's Diamond Lord Nightingale's Debut (Lord Nightingale, #1) The Mystery Kiss