Start by marking “The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke (Boscastle, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke (Boscastle, #6)

The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke (Boscastle #6)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  862 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
When Emma Boscastle, instructress in the social graces, gets seduced by rake and rebel Adrian Ruxley, Duke of Wolverton, the two learn there are certain pleasures that can't be denied.
Mass Market Paperback, 345 pages
Published July 31st 2007 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke

The Duke and I by Julia QuinnA Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaughtWhitney, My Love by Judith McNaughtSomething Wonderful by Judith McNaughtAlmost Heaven by Judith McNaught
Dukes... Bring 'em on!
120th out of 331 books — 641 voters
The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia QuinnRomancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnDevil in Winter by Lisa KleypasJust Like Heaven by Julia QuinnThe Duke and I by Julia Quinn
Witty Historical Romance Books
112th out of 188 books — 178 voters

More lists with this book...

Sophie [at] Book Suburbia
Jan 07, 2012 Sophie [at] Book Suburbia rated it really liked it
How i loved this book. Emma Boscastle is what i would call a "proper nice". You learn about her thru all the previous Boscastle books and u find really hard NOT to like her... She has all the best elements a woman character needs to be complete, and with a match like Adrian, i think she could not be placed in a higher rank. I love how her brothers act towards Adrian. It kinda remind me my own brothers in high school....lol. But i must say tho, that 3/4 towards the end, i felt as she wanted to fi ...more
Juliewheatcox.Net
Sep 09, 2015 Juliewheatcox.Net rated it liked it
This one did not have the spark that the previous in the series had. Even though Emma was a stickler for following society's rules, it would have spiced up the story if she had loosened up at least within the confines of the family.
Swee
Oct 15, 2014 Swee rated it liked it
I found this rather dull. The writing seemed a tad affected—liberal use of complicated words where simpler synonyms would have done a better job—the hero and heroine were boring, etc. Just not my cup of tea.
Stephanie Burkhart
Jun 14, 2009 Stephanie Burkhart rated it really liked it

Hunter weaves a tale of romantic abandon with “The Devilish Pleasure of a Duke.” Emma Boscastle, the dainty dictator of the Boscastle family, thought she’d never get married again until she meets Adrian Ruxley, a charming rake. The last of the Boscastle sibling series, the book pulls the entire Boscastle clan together in their quest to help Emma find love.

The book opens with Emma attending a wedding. When she spies Viscount Wolverton, Adrian Ruxley, trying to sneak comfits off the cake, she conf
Jody
Oct 16, 2011 Jody rated it liked it
Maggie Hesseling
Jan 07, 2016 Maggie Hesseling rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I love the Bocastles. However, this novel wasn't as good as some of its predecessors in the series. I really like Emma and Adrian is a brilliant character, but I was slightly disappointed by the story. That being said, the series is still really good and I'd recommend it to anyone.
Abby
Apr 13, 2009 Abby rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
So excited to get Adrien's story -- and Emma is the perfect foil. They are the epitome of that couple who is so perfectly implausible that they're perfectly right. Emma "the Dainty Dictator" Boscastle gets the tables turned on her by her family as she enters into a steamy affair with Adrien. I also liked how the language changed in the sex scenes: more rough and crass than the usual flowery euphemisms. That just wouldn't have cut it for the passion Emma and Adrien shared.

We also get a little mor
Jessi
Emma Bocastle is a proper woman, especially since she's trying to live down and control her infamous family. However, at a wedding, her current flame accosts her and she is saved by Adrian Ruxley who is then injured. He is attracted to the prim widow and welcomes the chance to be closer to her (though he wishes he wasn't so injured. Neither thinks they want anything more than an affair but circumstances (aka their families, hers being overprotective and his father (a duke) wanting to acknowledge ...more
Kit
Jan 25, 2010 Kit rated it it was amazing
After the last two Boscastle books were so so, Emma's story was especially delightful. Reminiscent of other family series where one sibling is the straight laced slightly imperious one-it's Emma for the Boscastles. She is widowed and lives to care for others. Here comes Adrian (who we met in Chloe's story) and he is all things that she in not. Adrian is so much fun to read as he woos Emma and figures out a way to see her when at every turn the Boscastle Brothers interfere. It's the women of the ...more
Sylvie
Sep 17, 2014 Sylvie rated it it was amazing
so far the best Boscastle book.
Marla Jo
Apr 19, 2014 Marla Jo rated it liked it
it was like quick or somethin...
Izza
Nov 16, 2015 Izza rated it really liked it
Humorous and a good read !!!
Barbara
Aug 21, 2015 Barbara rated it really liked it
Not as good as #1, but the second best of the first six.! Love Wolf.
Melissa
Feb 28, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-reads
Emma's story (finally) and it brings back Adrian from book 2. I find Emma's finishing school quite interesting (although, not her inclusion of a charity case who clearly doesn't want to be there except as a way to further the plot).

At this point, the series goes on to a few cousins, etc., but for now I'm good with the six books about the original Boscastle siblings).
Rachel Rogers
Jul 26, 2009 Rachel Rogers rated it really liked it
Nice to see Emma out of her stuffy shell. I was pleased that my character-detector was working. Back in Chloe's story when we met Adrian I thought he would match up with Emma, and here I am correct. Interesting to see the devilish brother switch from rogues and rakes to protective guardians (while still being rakes).
Luvmyfamily
Aug 20, 2010 Luvmyfamily rated it liked it
I liked the story. I didn't really like Emma but I already knew she would annoy me. Her concerns (those that were important at that time) are very trivial. I also can't stand to put up fronts of being polite to someone to their face and hating them behind their backs even if both parties are doing it.
Chris Bails
Sep 10, 2011 Chris Bails rated it really liked it
This was another great book in this series. This is a story about the matriach finding someone. Adrian is a gorgeous man and trouble. This is another great love story about 2 people not looking for anything but finding great love. If you like the Boscastle family, you will love this book.
Feb 10, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
What can be better than a handsome rake chasing after a prim and proper etiquette teacher who is known for her propriety. Emma's a little too proper, and the myriad references to this character trait of hers gets annoying. Just get with the rake already!
Barbra
Jan 09, 2009 Barbra rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
I loved this story, it involved all the things you want when you read a historical. Emma the "dainty dictator" of the Boscastle family and who is loved and watched over by her brothers was deserving of this really cute story.
ChloeLeeNH
Jan 08, 2009 ChloeLeeNH rated it really liked it
Pretty simple story line... not really any drama... the men of the family banding together to stop the union was pretty funny along with the women helping them stay together.
Vicki
Jun 08, 2013 Vicki rated it liked it
cute regency romance, fun family of characters, would read the rest in the series when in mood for light regency read.
May 31, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Full of passion and laughs, I drank in this story, disappointed only by the lack of outside conflict.
Gorgo Mage
Aug 10, 2011 Gorgo Mage rated it it was ok
A little too graphic for me but good. Maybe a better story line. I liked the paint

ing scene.
Lindy
Dec 14, 2011 Lindy rated it really liked it
A light and enjoyable historical romance. Steamy, nice chemistry between Adrian and Emma.
Kim
May 08, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it
Cute and touching. Enjoyed both Emma Boscastle and Adrian's characters immensely.
*MariaA*
Oct 07, 2013 *MariaA* rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-good-ones
Enjoyed it :) but needs to be read in series (at least Chloe's story)for full effect!
Lori Yvette Fernandez Lopez
3.5 stars. I liked the characters, but the romance went too fast for me.
Danette Steward
Jun 30, 2010 Danette Steward rated it really liked it
Shelves: hunter-jillian
Nice easy read....no villeins or complicated storyline.
Susan
May 08, 2010 Susan added it
really good!
Joan
Jun 16, 2008 Joan rated it liked it
vacation book
  • The Wedding Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #3)
  • Let It Be Love (Effingtons, #11)
  • One Night of Sin (Knight Miscellany, #6)
  • Something Sinful (Griffin Family, #3)
  • The Wedding Challenge (The Matchmaker #3)
  • A Notorious Love (Swanlea Spinsters, #2)
  • The Naked Marquis (Naked Nobility, #3)
  • A Fine Passion (Bastion Club, #4)
  • To Seduce a Bride (Courtship Wars, #3)
  • The Rogue (Liar's Club, #5)
  • Love Letters From a Duke (Bachelor Chronicles, #3)
  • A Belated Bride (Rogues, #2)
Jillian Hunter is the bestselling author of over twenty historical romances. She lives with her husband, three daughters, a pug and a poodle in Southern California. She loves anyone who can make her laugh, which means she is in love with Mike Myers and Tyler Perry.
More about Jillian Hunter...

Boscastle (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Seduction of an English Scoundrel (Boscastle, #1)
  • The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2)
  • The Wedding Night of an English Rogue (Boscastle, #3)
  • The Wicked Games of a Gentleman (Boscastle, #4)
  • The Sinful Nights of a Nobleman (Boscastle, #5)
  • Wicked as Sin (Boscastle, #7)
  • A Wicked Lord at the Wedding (Boscastle, #8)
  • The Wicked Duke Takes a Wife (Boscastle, #9)
  • A Duke's Temptation (Boscastle #10; The Bridal Pleasures #1)
  • A Bride Unveiled (Boscastle #11; The Bridal Pleasures #2)

“Heath slid two fingers beneath Adrian’s white neckcloth to feel his pulse. “In that case, I can state with complete confidence that he shall be all right.”
“Then why isn’t he moving?” she asked in a distraught voice.
Heath smiled. “Ask him.”
She looked down into a pair of hazel eyes smoldering with unholy mirth. Adrian’s lean cheek pressed into the curve of her breast.
A wolf, indeed.”