Start by marking “The Saintly Buccaneer: 1777 (The House of Winslow)” as Want to Read:
The Saintly Buccaneer: 1777 (The House of Winslow)

The Saintly Buccaneer: 1777 (House of Winslow #5)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  594 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A rip-roaring sea-saga and history lesson combined, this is faith-filled historical fiction at its finest. House of Winslow book 5.
Published October 1st 2004 by Bethany House Publishers (first published February 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about The Saintly Buccaneer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Saintly Buccaneer

Karol
Enjoyed this tale, but not quite as much as The Gentle Rebel. I did learn a lot about what it was like to be on a ship during war times in the 1770's. Not a pretty place to be.
Katiekins
Mar 21, 2014 Katiekins added it
Shelves: abandoned
Some books of your childhood do not improve upon a reread. I really used to enjoy this series, and this premise (former arrogant jerk has amnesia and falls in love with a woman he previously tried to rape) is, errr, scenery-chompingly interesting. But it just does not do it for me as an adult. And also, it's PRETTY DISTURBING that *SPOILER* she falls in love with her attacker when there's a perfectly good Quaker preacher available.
Mary Pinkston
Loved

I Loved this series when I read it in the 90's and am enjoying reading it again. Ah a good book what a wonderful gift
Melissa
The story was pretty interesting, but I'm frustrated with the way the main characters act. Kissing before the right time, backing out on their engagements, carelessly letting themselves fall in love, disregarding modesty, etc., etc. The last book had some similar things, but not quite as much. I'm hoping the next one will be better, but if not, I'll stop reading the series.
Rachel
This series by Gilbert Morris is one of my absolute favorites. Each book follows at least one member of a generation in the Winslow family tree and the member(s) gets saved and finds true love. There's also some commentary on the social conditions of the time frame. Truly interesting.
Alicia
I like historical books & this seemed pretty accurate in historical facts, which I like. It is a series of I think 43 or 45 books which I hate & like all at the same time. But a good read. Entertaining. The series follows different times in history which is fun.
Isabell
This is the first book I read from Mr. Morris. My favorite by far. He's a amazing writer. Love his books.
Jencey/
This book took place during the Revolutionary war from naval prospective.
Bob James
Another enjoyable story in the House of Winslow Series
Partridge Public
Nov 09, 2007 Partridge Public marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Morris INSP
Shelves: inspirational
Morris, Gilbert PB
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Alison Goodwin
Alison Goodwin marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Beth Anne
Beth Anne marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Aliesha
Aliesha marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
TILLIE
TILLIE marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Mary Armstrong
Mary Armstrong marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Venessa
Venessa marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Cara Cunningham
Cara Cunningham marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
  • A City Not Forsaken (Cheney Duvall, M.D. Series #3)
  • Stranger at Stonewycke (The Stonewycke Legacy, #1)
  • A Thousand Shall Fall (Shiloh Legacy #2)
  • Under Eastern Stars (Heart of India, #2)
  • Heart of the Lonely Exile (Emerald Ballad #2)

House of Winslow (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • The Honorable Imposter: 1620 (The House of Winslow)
  • The Captive Bride (The House of Winslow, #2)
  • The Indentured Heart: 1740 (The House of Winslow)
  • The Gentle Rebel: 1775 (The House of Winslow)
  • The Holy Warrior: 1798 (The House of Winslow)
  • The Reluctant Bridegroom: 1838 (The House of Winslow #7)
  • The Last Confederate: 1860 (The House of Winslow)
  • The Dixie Widow: 1862 (The House of Winslow)
  • The Wounded Yankee: 1862 (The House of Winslow)
  • The Union Belle: 1867 (The House of Winslow)
The Honorable Imposter: 1620 (The House of Winslow) Sword of Truth The Indentured Heart: 1740 (The House of Winslow) The Captive Bride (The House of Winslow, #2) The Gentle Rebel: 1775 (The House of Winslow)

“as they watched him grasp” 0 likes