Start by marking “Devotions for Dating Couples: Building a Foundation for Spiritual Intimacy” as Want to Read:
Devotions for Dating Couples: Building a Foundation for Spiritual Intimacy

Devotions for Dating Couples: Building a Foundation for Spiritual Intimacy

HOW DEEP IS YOUR LOVE – FOR GOD?

If you are like most dating couples, you are looking for more than just a companion – you want a soul mate! The essence of a true soul mate relationship is that of deep spiritual connection. This dynamic book, Devotions for Dating Couples, offers guidance for deepening your commitment to God as individuals and as a couple. Through short chap
Published October 6th 2002 by Thomas Nelson (first published September 10th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Devotions for Dating Couples, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devotions for Dating Couples

John
Aug 05, 2016 John rated it liked it
Shelves: religion
This is a difficult book to review. I can't say that I loved the book itself. It's filled with shallow, amateurish theological statements and trite and/or stretched analogies. However, my now-fiance and I did have some very meaningful conversations that were provoked by the book, some of them even inspired by how poorly the authors had covered some of the subjects. So, I'd give the book itself a rather low rating...that I'll bump up because I actually think that, in a perhaps unintended way, the ...more
Steven
Sep 04, 2013 Steven rated it liked it
This book has given me quite an interesting mix of feelings. The book itself has some gems that became devalued and overlooked by moments of bad theology, strained analogies, shallow biblical readings, unwelcome opinions, and just ill-fitting illustrations. It definitely didn't seem like this book was written to young urban Christians. Our dating group that was reading this together had to start each meeting by clearing out everything we hated about the last chapter, but also in all of the disco ...more
Alyssa
Sep 10, 2016 Alyssa rated it liked it
Hard to get through. But good topics to focus on.
Megan
Jan 04, 2013 Megan rated it liked it
Shelves: faith
I like the format: about two pages of daily reading for Monday through Friday, then 6-10 questions to discuss on Saturday. I didn't like the content of all of the daily messages - some of it was great, some of it was boring, and some of it I just didn't agree with. We had talked about a lot of the questions before just in regular conversation, but it was neat to have a focused discussion every week.
Becki
Feb 11, 2015 Becki added it
Shelves: book-collector
Went through it with Jeff\nAnswers to questions are in my journal\nBrought up some good questions but parts semeed basic\nPurity needs to be week 2 not week 8\nRecommend to other dating/engaged couples\n\n1. Love\n2. Grace\n3. Prayer\n4. The Word\n5. Simplicity\n6. Forgiveness\n7. Community\n8. Purity\n9. The Spirit
Megan
Aug 23, 2008 Megan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: serious couples
Tony and I went through this book before we got married. It did exactly what it said--helped up build a solid foundation. We are always looking for a couples-devotional book that measures up to this one, but we haven't found one yet.
Bethany Zoerhof
Jan 02, 2014 Bethany Zoerhof rated it it was amazing
Really great devotional for couples! I especially like that you read the short daily devotionals by yourself during the week and come together on the weekend to read a devotion together with discussion questions! Highly Recommend!
Stephanie
Jan 16, 2012 Stephanie rated it liked it
While I disagree with some of the theology in the book, overall I found it helpful as a reflection and discussion device. My fiance's proposal even stemmed from a discussion based upon one particular chapter, so for that alone, it was a worthwhile read.
Dave
Aug 09, 2010 Dave rated it really liked it
Definitely very inspiring, convicting, and helpful. May however be geared more towards those new to their faith. None the less it was very eye opening in a couple areas to me and each weeks study seemed to be quite relevant to the events in my life.
Mcmean
Feb 05, 2008 Mcmean rated it it was amazing
This was a great devotional, and good way to connect- good discussion topics.

We are going through it again. Want to get our money's worth, right?
Sabrina
Jan 31, 2015 Sabrina rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2015
It's very elementary. The lessons here seem to be for people who have less than a rudimentary understanding of what God wants for our lives. There was only chapter I found helpful.
Kathryn Reyes
Kathryn Reyes rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2014
Adam Coupe
Adam Coupe rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2015
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2009
Jenn
Jenn rated it did not like it
Dec 26, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Anthony Sutton
Anthony Sutton rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Marie
Marie rated it did not like it
May 16, 2010
Maeghan
Maeghan rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Bridgit Arnold
Bridgit Arnold rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2014
Kelly Pierson
Kelly Pierson rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2014
Jenna
Jenna rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2009
Joe Kendall
Joe Kendall rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2011
Sir.nathan Stassen
Sir.nathan Stassen rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2016
Caitlyn Cain
Caitlyn Cain rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2012
Rendi Koentjoro
Rendi Koentjoro rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2016
Joel Montgomery
Joel Montgomery rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Thomas
Thomas rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2014
Will
Will rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • 10 Commandments of Dating
  • 101 Questions to Ask Before You Get Engaged
  • Finding the Love of Your Life
  • The Energies of Love: Using Energy Medicine to Keep Your Relationship Thriving
  • Secrets to Exceptional Living: Transforming Your Life Through the Fruit of the Spirit
  • Neighboring Faiths: A Christian Introduction to World Religions
  • Neighborhood Animals (Baby Einstein)
  • Living the Extraordinary Life: Nine Principles to Discover It