Start by marking “Reluctant Smuggler (To Catch a Thief #3)” as Want to Read:
Reluctant Smuggler (To Catch a Thief #3)

Reluctant Smuggler (To Catch a Thief #3)

They say keep your friends close and your enemies closer…but what if you can’t tell the difference?

For security consultant Desiree Jacobs, the assignment was simple: make off with an ancient Mayan artifact and hand it over to the good guys in time to plan her wedding to ultra-fine FBI agent Tony Lucano.

Yet, in a world where no one is as they seem, Desi must decipher who th
Published January 15th 2008 by Multnomah

To ask other readers questions about Reluctant Smuggler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reluctant Smuggler

Aug 23, 2011 Melanie rated it really liked it

'Reluctant Smuggler' is the third book in Jill Elizabeth Nelson's 'To Catch a Thief' series and my favorite of the three.

Desiree Jacobs is trying to plan her wedding, run her business 'HJ Securities', and avoid dangerous situations. But her plan isn't working - it seems as though danger follows Desi everywhere.

While she's in Mexico, she was robbed three times in the same day, was held at gun poi
Margaret Chind
Oct 17, 2012 Margaret Chind rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: those seeking action with a hint of faith
Recommended to Margaret by: Jill Elizabeth Nelson
Starting with Reluctant Smuggler, book three of the To Catch a Thief Series makes me desperately want to go back and find the first two novels in the series as well as look forward to others. From college, an addiction that I had was to the Jennifer Garner television show Alias, with Sydney Bristow and all her stunts. This book with Desiree and all her actions was right up my alley! Desi is not a CIA agent like Bristow, but she is the owner of HJSecurity and a master mind at getting out of tough ...more
Apr 14, 2008 Delia rated it it was amazing
For security consultant Desiree Jacobs, the operation should have been almost too easy: Steal an ancient Mayan artifact from a Mexican museum and then return it, thus proving the organization's security measures inadequate and acquiring the job for her own company.

Her goal is to get it done, then scoot on out of Mexico and home to Tony Lucano, her hunky FBI agent fiancé.

But powerful forces have other ideas, and Desi's simple operation soon becomes a dangerous mission to recover stolen national
Angie Arndt
Jan 21, 2008 Angie Arndt rated it it was amazing
Murder! Kidnapping! Smuggling! Espionage! Exotic locations! A beautiful security consultant determined to recover priceless artifacts. A handsome FBI agent determined to find priceless human cargo while protecting his lovely fiancée – who, incidentally, can take care of herself!

Jill Elizabeth Nelson’s Reluctant Smuggler is an action-packed romantic suspense that takes you to exotic locations and puts you in situations that, hopefully, you’ll never experience. This thriller presents both sides of
May 03, 2008 Frank added it
From the back cover: "For security consultant Desiree Jacobs, the assignment was simple: make off with an ancient Myan artifact and hand it to the good guys in time to plan her wedding to ultra-fine FBI agent Tony Lucano." The idea of Reluctant Smuggler just can't be put any better than that. What a fun, fun read.

Reluctant Smuggler is Nelson's third book in the To Catch a Thief series, which includes the Reluctant Burglar and the Reluctant Runaway.

Desi is equal parts Indiana Jones, Sydney Bristo
Jill Williamson
Oct 14, 2009 Jill Williamson rated it it was amazing
Review by Gretchen Hoffman

I was so excited when Reluctant Smuggler came out. I started reading the series when the first two books were out, but I had to wait for this one. Book three did not disappoint.

In the final book of the trilogy, Desiree Jacobs faces her most difficult task yet. It started off simple—obtain an antique Mayan artifact and get it to the good guys. But the simple task gets complicated when espionage, people looting Mexican antiquities, corrupt government officials, and a vi
Loraine Nunley
Sep 29, 2015 Loraine Nunley rated it liked it
Finally Desi and Tony are getting married… Or are they? As usual, trouble has followed Desi and is not looking at letting go of her. How can she and Tony get on with their lives when they are pulled into danger at every turn. This was a good suspenseful read. Not only was there external conflict between them due to their jobs, there was internal conflict as they question whether their love for each other is enough to have a life together.
Shirley Corder
May 09, 2014 Shirley Corder rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
They say keep your friends close and your enemies closer . . . but what if you can't tell the difference?

Even with Tony at her side, Desiree needs more than luck to survive in this final novel of the series.

I loved this series, and shared it with all my friends. Thank you for a fascinating trio of books, Jill. Keep up the good work!
May 31, 2008 Erin rated it liked it
This book has so many twists, turns and detours that it felt a little too jumbled for me. It would have read better without the long hospital scenes in the middle. I did enjoy it, just not as much as I was expecting to.
Jan 20, 2012 Lonnie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
Oy, this was good! It would get more than 5 stars, tons better than the second book. These books reminded me of Lynn Gardner's Emeralds and Espionage series. (Which reminds me, I should add Lynn's books to my list of books read :-)
Cindy rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2011
Sarah Dale Shaffer
Sarah Dale Shaffer rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2016
Mary rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2008
Rachel rated it it was ok
Dec 08, 2012
Susan rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2012
Janet Sketchley
Janet Sketchley rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2014
Jessie Weaver
Jessie Weaver rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Danielle Geissinger
Danielle Geissinger rated it really liked it
May 05, 2016
Margaret Rose
Margaret Rose rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2013
Glenda Parker
Glenda Parker rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2013
Deborah Lynne
Deborah Lynne rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2012
Amie rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2015
Kara rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Anita Crockett
Anita Crockett rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Hema Penmetsa
Hema Penmetsa rated it liked it
May 16, 2014
Ellen rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2013
Ashley rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2011
Lori rated it it was ok
May 14, 2014
Diane rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2009
« previous 1 3 next »
Jill Elizabeth Nelson writes what she likes to read—tales of adventure seasoned with romance, humor, and faith, earning her the tagline: Endless Adventure, Timeless Truth. Jill speaks regularly at conferences, writer’s groups, library associations, and civic and church groups. When teaching classes for writers, she thrills to bring the Ahah! moment to her students as they make a new skill their ow ...more
More about Jill Elizabeth Nelson...

To Catch a Thief (3 books)
  • Reluctant Burglar (To Catch a Thief #1)
  • Reluctant Runaway (To Catch a Thief #2)