Start by marking “Reluctant Smuggler (To Catch a Thief #3)” as Want to Read:
Reluctant Smuggler (To Catch a Thief #3)

Reluctant Smuggler (To Catch a Thief #3)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  10 reviews
They say keep your friends close and your enemies closer�but what if you can�t tell the difference?

For security consultant Desiree Jacobs, the assignment was simple: make off with an ancient Mayan artifact and hand it over to the good guys in time to plan her wedding to ultra-fine FBI agent Tony Lucano.

Yet, in a world where no one is as they seem, Desi must decipher wh
Published January 15th 2008 by Multnomah Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Reluctant Smuggler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reluctant Smuggler

Jill Williamson
Review by Gretchen Hoffman

I was so excited when Reluctant Smuggler came out. I started reading the series when the first two books were out, but I had to wait for this one. Book three did not disappoint.

In the final book of the trilogy, Desiree Jacobs faces her most difficult task yet. It started off simple—obtain an antique Mayan artifact and get it to the good guys. But the simple task gets complicated when espionage, people looting Mexican antiquities, corrupt government officials, and a vi
Melanie
THEY SAY KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE AND YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER... BUT WHAT IF YOU CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE?

'Reluctant Smuggler' is the third book in Jill Elizabeth Nelson's 'To Catch a Thief' series and my favorite of the three.

Desiree Jacobs is trying to plan her wedding, run her business 'HJ Securities', and avoid dangerous situations. But her plan isn't working - it seems as though danger follows Desi everywhere.

While she's in Mexico, she was robbed three times in the same day, was held at gun poi
Delia
For security consultant Desiree Jacobs, the operation should have been almost too easy: Steal an ancient Mayan artifact from a Mexican museum and then return it, thus proving the organization's security measures inadequate and acquiring the job for her own company.

Her goal is to get it done, then scoot on out of Mexico and home to Tony Lucano, her hunky FBI agent fiancé.

But powerful forces have other ideas, and Desi's simple operation soon becomes a dangerous mission to recover stolen national
Frank
May 03, 2008 Frank added it
From the back cover: "For security consultant Desiree Jacobs, the assignment was simple: make off with an ancient Myan artifact and hand it to the good guys in time to plan her wedding to ultra-fine FBI agent Tony Lucano." The idea of Reluctant Smuggler just can't be put any better than that. What a fun, fun read.

Reluctant Smuggler is Nelson's third book in the To Catch a Thief series, which includes the Reluctant Burglar and the Reluctant Runaway.

Desi is equal parts Indiana Jones, Sydney Bristo
Angie Arndt
Murder! Kidnapping! Smuggling! Espionage! Exotic locations! A beautiful security consultant determined to recover priceless artifacts. A handsome FBI agent determined to find priceless human cargo while protecting his lovely fiancée – who, incidentally, can take care of herself!

Jill Elizabeth Nelson’s Reluctant Smuggler is an action-packed romantic suspense that takes you to exotic locations and puts you in situations that, hopefully, you’ll never experience. This thriller presents both sides of
Margaret
Oct 17, 2012 Margaret rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those seeking action with a hint of faith
Recommended to Margaret by: Jill Elizabeth Nelson
Starting with Reluctant Smuggler, book three of the To Catch a Thief Series makes me desperately want to go back and find the first two novels in the series as well as look forward to others. From college, an addiction that I had was to the Jennifer Garner television show Alias, with Sydney Bristow and all her stunts. This book with Desiree and all her actions was right up my alley! Desi is not a CIA agent like Bristow, but she is the owner of HJSecurity and a master mind at getting out of tough ...more
Shirley Corder
They say keep your friends close and your enemies closer . . . but what if you can't tell the difference?

Even with Tony at her side, Desiree needs more than luck to survive in this final novel of the series.

I loved this series, and shared it with all my friends. Thank you for a fascinating trio of books, Jill. Keep up the good work!
Lonnie
Oy, this was good! It would get more than 5 stars, tons better than the second book. These books reminded me of Lynn Gardner's Emeralds and Espionage series. (Which reminds me, I should add Lynn's books to my list of books read :-)
Erin
This book has so many twists, turns and detours that it felt a little too jumbled for me. It would have read better without the long hospital scenes in the middle. I did enjoy it, just not as much as I was expecting to.
Melissa
Good action, interesting mystery. Cast of characters a bit daunting.
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Kimychan 877
Kimychan 877 marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Jacquie Lewin
Jacquie Lewin marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Jayna Harris
Jayna Harris marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Jul 03, 2014
Sarah Carter
Sarah Carter marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
Apr 26, 2014
Gracelyn
Gracelyn marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Daniel Patterson
Daniel Patterson is currently reading it
Sep 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Jill Elizabeth Nelson writes what she likes to read—tales of adventure seasoned with romance, humor, and faith, earning her the tagline: Endless Adventure, Timeless Truth. Jill speaks regularly at conferences, writer’s groups, library associations, and civic and church groups. When teaching classes for writers, she thrills to bring the Ahah! moment to her students as they make a new skill their ow ...more
More about Jill Elizabeth Nelson...
Rivet Your Readers with Deep Point of View Reluctant Burglar (To Catch a Thief #1) Calculated Revenge Reluctant Runaway (To Catch a Thief #2) Legacy of Lies