Start by marking “If You Don't Feed the Teachers They Eat the Students!: Guide to Success for Administrators and Teachers” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  173 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Packed with words of wisdom and inspiration, this is one book no administrator or teacher should be without. Dr. Neila Connors presents practical tips to improve school climate, communicate with parents and students, teach to the standards, and make a difference in students’ lives. All this in an enjoyable, easy-to-read format, If You Don't Feed the Teachers They Eat the S ...more
Published May 1st 2000 by Incentive Publications (first published 2000)

Be the first to ask a question about If You Don't Feed the Teachers They Eat the Students!

أفنان المحيسن
* اقتنيت الكتاب من جناح مكتب التربية العربي لدول الخليج (التي عهدت للمترجمين ترجمته ونشرته) في معرض الرياض ر
* الكتاب كما قال ناشروه: مفيد للقياديين في المدارس بل كل من له علاقة بالبيئة التربوية, إذ اعتمدت مؤلفته على تجاربها الميدانية في شتى المجالات, وقدمته بأسلوب أدبي رفيع, بالإضافة إلى استخدام المجاز والاستعارة ما أضفى على الكتاب نوعا من التشويق والجاذبية, وجعله محببا للنفس.
عبدالمنعم الهوسة
كتاب لطيف وممتع وعملي ..
الكتاب يحتوي على أفكار و طرق يمكن تطبيقها في ميدان إدارة المؤسسات التعليمية .. هو باختصار كيف نجعل بيئة العمل بية إيجابية تحث المعلم على العمل برغبة وعطاء مستمر .
هو موجه للقيادات التعليمية بشكل أساسي .. والفائدة تعم كل قيادي ؛ وكل معلم مربي.
من اللطائف أن الكتاب في تصنيفه وحتى بعض الأمثلة و الاقتباسات كانت تحاكي ( المطعم و الطعام )
الكتاب ممتاز ويعيبه بعض التكرار و ذكرت ذلك المؤلفة في المقدمة ..
تركز الكلام على :
الاهتمام بالصحة البدنية و النفسية - الاتحهات الإيجابية تجاه
Jen
Nov 28, 2008 Jen rated it really liked it
Shelves: teacher-stuff
I can't tell you how much I think all teachers and administrators should read this book. Talk about easy ways to keep each other excited about our daily work.
Claudia
Cute -- sometimes too cute. But under it all, good advice for leaders about how to nurture the people you're working with. I can use some of the ideas with my students, PTA and our Student Council could use some of them to recognize teachers' efforts. A good discussion on stress and distress, which I needed.

What I did NOT need were her acronyms: DUCKS, EAGLES, SANE, MEALS, DESSERTS...you get the idea. Did like DUCKS: dependent upon criticizing and killing success. I know some of them. She sugge
Kim
Feb 24, 2010 Kim rated it really liked it
I'm torn -- was the book fantastic because it simply was, or was it fantastic because it was so appropriate for what I needed to hear at the time.

I'll settle on its inherent greatness -- a book of lists and suggestions for how to maintain sanity in a work environment, and truly, how to bolster a group's morale in what may be the most important professional arena of our time -- academia.

A quick read, and a necessity for academics.
Monica Hawk
Jul 11, 2012 Monica Hawk rated it really liked it

I read this book each summer to refocus and set new goals for the next school year. There are so many good ideas and nuggets of truth in this book. Some of the acronyms become too much by the end of the book. When you need a glossary for all the acronyms used, it is too much. But the book is still valuable and allows me to self-evaluate and refocus.
Dottie
Feb 14, 2011 Dottie rated it it was amazing
This is a very light hearted book with great ideas and insights. We read this book when I attended Northmont Leadership Academy. If you are looking for suggestions on how to create a positive and fun work environment at school, this is the book for you.
Toni Jasna
Jun 23, 2011 Toni Jasna rated it it was amazing
Just completed this book. Very inspiring on the relationships of administrators and teachers. Relationships are very important for success. I think that ALL administrators and teachers should read! This would be a great book study!
Jason
Jun 25, 2011 Jason rated it liked it
It was alright. Has some good ideas in it that I will be implementing. A bit of an annoying read, however. It was a little to "cheerleader-y" for me. That statement probably says a lot about my leadership style. :-)
Michelle
Feb 28, 2009 Michelle rated it really liked it
Okay, I LOVED this book! Her food theme was carried throughout and included many acronyms to carry the theme. I borrowed this book and it is now on my Barnes and Nobel 'wish list' to order. I loved her humor and suggestions.
Monique
Jan 25, 2013 Monique rated it did not like it
I can't even finish this book. There is absolutely no substance. And for the record, I did read all the way up to the desserts so I'm not basing my dislike of the book on just a chapter. It was so repetitive and made me feel brain-dead.
Stephanie
Dec 21, 2007 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: teachers, leaders, school improvement junkies, administrators, KIM
OK- I tend to only read books I like, so my reviews lean towards more stars anyway. But this book is AWESOME. I'm on page 26 and I love it. Neila Connors has a nice, easy style of writing and a plain way of putting things. She's also positive and knows the importance of having FUN.
Travis Niemeyer
Jul 27, 2015 Travis Niemeyer rated it it was ok
There is definitely some good stuff in this book, but overall, it was mainly fluid and cutesy word play.
Georgette
Jan 31, 2016 Georgette rated it really liked it
Assigned reading for the Aspiring Leaders program I am attending this year. Interesting information on how effective leaders work. A good read for anyone working in the education profession.
Shari Hardinger
Jul 05, 2016 Shari Hardinger rated it it was amazing
Great book! A must read for EVERY administrator and school leader. Truly what staff need from a leader.
Anood
Sep 30, 2016 Anood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
انصح المعلمين والقياديين باقتنائه والمحافظه عليه للعوده له عند الحاجة الى نصيحة او التطوير الذاتي نحن بحاجة الى كتّاب عرب لكتابة مايهم المعلمين ويدفعهم للتطوير وحب مهنتهم لانها من اصعب المهن
Terrie Atkinson
Terrie Atkinson rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2011
Miss Deed
Miss Deed rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2012
Janel Ross
Janel Ross rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2014
Donna Davenport
Donna Davenport rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2016
Raine Minichan
Raine Minichan rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2014
Georgia Shirley
Georgia Shirley rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2014
Shannnon
Shannnon rated it it was ok
Aug 30, 2015
Mandy Taylor
Mandy Taylor rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2016
carol e hughes
carol e hughes rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Ryan
Ryan rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2013
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2011
Na'ama Ben-David
Na'ama Ben-David rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • What Great Principals Do Differently: 15 Things That Matter Most
  • 7 Keys to Comprehension: How to Help Your Kids Read It and Get It!
  • Leading Change in Your School: How to Conquer Myths, Build Commitment, and Get Results
  • School Leadership That Works: From Research to Results
  • Checking for Understanding: Formative Assessment Techniques for Your Classroom
  • Professional Learning Communities at Work: Best Practices for Enhancing Student Achievement
  • Learning to Listen, Learning to Teach: The Power of Dialogue in Educating Adults
  • Enhancing Professional Practice: A Framework for Teaching
  • Rethinking Homework: Best Practices That Support Diverse Needs
  • Leading in a Culture of Change
  • Understanding by Design
  • See Me After Class: Advice for Teachers by Teachers
  • Guided Reading: Good First Teaching for All Children
  • Building Teachers' Capacity for Success: A Collaborative Approach for Coaches and School Leaders
  • How to Give Effective Feedback to Your Students
  • Discipline with Dignity: New Challenges, New Solutions
  • Classrooms That Work: They Can All Read and Write
  • The Art of Changing the Brain: Enriching the Practice of Teaching by Exploring the Biology of Learning