Start by marking “Pivotal Praying: Connecting with God in Times of Great Need” as Want to Read:
Pivotal Praying: Connecting with God in Times of Great Need

Pivotal Praying: Connecting with God in Times of Great Need

We all face critical forks in the road-marriage, the death of a loved one, the birth of a child, or a personal health crisis. How are we to pray at these junctures? Perhaps our instinct is to send up a quick "911" prayer, but authors John Hull and Tim Elmore demonstrate how by praying the right prayer at the right time, we can see the incredible impact of what God can do.

S

Published September 1st 2002 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Pivotal Praying, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pivotal Praying

Anna Magarita
The book was okay.

It was informative; however, a few chapters read as if the authors were trying to put in as much content as they could but they failed to see how this could affect the message they were trying to impart per chapter. The excessive use of illustrations in the book made it read like a collection of tales that fell into the topic discussed.

There were a lot of parts in the book that made me wonder whether the authors either had a hard time writing the chapter because they have yet t
Kelly Anderson
Feb 21, 2014 Kelly Anderson rated it really liked it
This book has been sitting on my bookshelf for years, and for some reason I had never even started it. I recently heard it said that what makes a book really good or bad is how it affects you at the time you read it. I think if I had read this book at other times in my life, I may not have liked it as much, but I think I read it at just the right time. It was just the kind of challenge I needed at this point in my life to pray big prayers, not routine or genie in a bottle prayers. Hull and Elmor ...more
Joe Hansen
Jan 31, 2008 Joe Hansen rated it really liked it
If you ever feel like you'd like to pray, but you don't know how, this book helps give some direction during certain circumstances of life, especially at major crisis moments or big opportunities. Very well written, lots of helpful anecdotes and illustrations.
Carson
Jun 28, 2014 Carson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
John and Tim take us through a series of pivotal moments in Scripture and help us see how the godly have prayed in such times - and how God answered.
Good read for us in preparation of facing , or while we are in pivotal times.
Aya
Oct 19, 2013 Aya rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: those who have not yet read this!
..will look for a copy, started reading pivotal praying way way back, got hook but wasn't able to finish because my hands got full. borrowed it from manang shang..
Shannon
Jul 19, 2012 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
This was an answer to my prayers...I bought it last week Thursday I believe. I am finished..powerful, a great book to exhort the prayer warrior in you.
Jessica Furlong
Nov 03, 2012 Jessica Furlong rated it it was amazing
This helps you tremendously when you are trying to make sense of how to pray, what to pray, and what results to expect. Awesome book!
Kassie mendoza
there is always a pivotal moment for every person to turn back to sin and turn to GOD.
Shulamite2004
Sep 24, 2007 Shulamite2004 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: mary cris pamatin
pray like connecting directly to the heart of the FATHER
Tim Plett
Jul 10, 2015 Tim Plett rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian, prayer
This is a solid and valuable book.
Maliza4cambodia Maliza4cambodia
This prayer book is a must read!!
Sarita
Sarita marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Ike Unger
Ike Unger rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
David
David marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Derek Allen
Derek Allen rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2016
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Valerie Romero
Valerie Romero rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Zanetta DeVane
Zanetta DeVane is currently reading it
Jan 03, 2016
Quentin
Quentin marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Carrie Dunaway
Carrie Dunaway is currently reading it
Nov 03, 2015
Sarah Saukerson
Sarah Saukerson marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Francine E Kirkey
Francine E Kirkey rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2015
Cesar Baltazar
Cesar Baltazar rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2015
Marlene Evans
Marlene Evans rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2015
Jane
Jane is currently reading it
May 08, 2015
Kae
Kae is currently reading it
May 08, 2015
Jamie Lynn
Jamie Lynn rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2015