Start by marking “Without Honor” as Want to Read:
Without Honor

Without Honor

Jonet Maxwell...a fiery green-eyed girl and a much sought after bride with
Mass Market Paperback, 358 pages
Published March 1st 1994 by St Martins Mass Market Paper (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Without Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Without Honor

Misfit

I'm going to cheat a wee bit and add this bit from the book description:

"It was a time of revolution and chaos, of danger and deception...when Scotland teetered on the brink of civil war and lawlessness swept the borderlands. And in the midst of this magnificent struggle for power, two strangers born to be enemies discovered a passion as savage as the wild Scottish moors."

Set during the reign of Henry VIII, this novel was mostly set in Scotland during a very turbulent period; a young Ja
KatieV
3.5 stars.

I have a really hard time rating this because the history and the suspense were wonderful. I'm actually giving this a 4-5 for history/suspense/adventure and a 3-4 for romance. Since I read this as a romance, I'm skewing my final rating toward the romance.

Stuart really knows how to draw a reader in and make them feel like they're exhausted from riding through the cold Scottish forests while afraid of detection at any moment. And this was a very interesting time of Scottish history to r
Regan Walker
A REAL Scottish Historical!

Elizabeth Stuart won the RITA award for Best Historical Romance in 1991 for WHERE LOVE DWELLS, but in my opinion all of her novels would qualify as 5 star keepers.

So many “historical” romances have very little history. Not this one. I love how Stuart seamlessly weaves in rich historical events throughout the novel. She brings Scotland of the early 16th century alive as she uses both real people and fictional characters to tell a complex, intriguing story.

This is set
Joanne
Mary23nm
Without Honor is so well written, I just had to give it five stars, despite (view spoiler) ...more
Tara
Jun 02, 2015 Tara rated it did not like it
Everyone is TSTL.
Kathleen
Sep 11, 2013 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
I read this book a long time ago. I have not found any more books by this writer. But this book surpasses most of the books I have read in this time frame.
Rachel
Jul 01, 2015 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites-dik-s
Possibly my favorite historical. Terrific book. Wish she was still writing.
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Elsie Dee
Elsie Dee marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2016
Dijana Pejic
Dijana Pejic rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2016
Camille Kent
Camille Kent marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Lede
Lede rated it did not like it
Jun 07, 2016
Brigitte
Brigitte marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Sonia
Sonia rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Claire Potter
Claire Potter rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Matina Kan
Matina Kan marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Mathilda Koppel Eriksson
Mathilda Koppel Eriksson marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Basia
Basia added it
Apr 17, 2016
Bergamont
Bergamont marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Faith
Faith marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Er1ka
Er1ka added it
Mar 10, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Akshay Chalana
Akshay Chalana marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Aka Elizabeth Awbrey

Elizabeth spent her childhood on an Arkansas farm surrounded by animals. Later, she spent ten years in Louisiana working in hospital management. She enjoys horseback riding (reflected in her novels) and has traveled in Europe. When last heard of she was residing in St. Louis.

Unfortunately for her readers (but fortunately, I’m sure, for her family), she stopped writing in 1995 t
More about Elizabeth Stuart...