Start by marking “Aspects of the Masculine” as Want to Read:
Aspects of the Masculine

Aspects of the Masculine

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  5 reviews

Extracted from Volumes 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13 and 14. Extracts are also taken from "Dream Analysis, C. G. Jung: Letters" (Volumes 1 and 2) and "C. G. Jung Speaking." A collection of Jung's most important contributions to the depth psychological understanding of masculinity, not only the psychology of men but the essence of masculinity in both sexes.
Published May 21st 1989 by Princeton University Press (first published May 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Aspects of the Masculine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aspects of the Masculine

Kevin Fuller
One thing about Dr. Jung. He doesn't take an impersonal, detached view of his subjects, rather it is obvious he has lived the experiences he puts the analytic lens to, and that with heart. This is perhaps the most personal and heart wrenching work I have read from Jung. He faces the psyche of the male with all the gusto of a matador facing a prize bull.

Although we like to consider ourselves unique, I don't think hardly any of us could argue with Jung's insights on masculinity. It turns out there
SmarterLilac
Really liked what was, for me, a first introduction to Jung's writings. First off, I appreciated the fact that the introduction to this book acknowledges that the writings of Carl Jung are limited by his perspective in "a private practice in a western European country in the first half of the twentieth century," something that is rarely addressed when writers talk about either Jung or Freud.

I was surprised to find these essays are more progressive than I would have believed, especially with rega
Parnell
Sep 15, 2013 Parnell rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Psychology and Analytical Psychology lovers
A book of collected chapters and essays from many of C.G Jung's work that deals specifically with the motifs, mythology, and archetypes of the masculine component of the psyche. A good read if you're already familiar with Jung, do not read if you are new.
Bridgett
This is a nice collection of Jung's essays, though I disagreed with some of the insinuations of homosexuality's origins, which are outdated by now.
Khat Fish
This is probably not the best introduction into Carl Jung's work, and a lot of it went way over my head, but I did learn a lot too.
James Selby
James Selby marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Grant
Grant marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Lfalcon
Lfalcon marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Burak Dindaroğlu
Burak Dindaroğlu marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Gajendra
Gajendra marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Jacque Summers
Jacque Summers marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Chris
Chris added it
May 08, 2015
Sarah Sorcha
Sarah Sorcha is currently reading it
Feb 04, 2015
Carl Higginson
Carl Higginson is currently reading it
Feb 01, 2015
Verdian G
Verdian G marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Shaund
Shaund marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
N
N marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Maresa
Maresa marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Fujiwara Todayashi
Fujiwara Todayashi marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Marsela
Marsela marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Carl Gustav Jung (/jʊŋ/; German: [ˈkarl ˈɡʊstaf jʊŋ]; 26 July 1875 – 6 June 1961), often referred to as C. G. Jung, was a Swiss psychiatrist and psychotherapist who founded analytical psychology. Jung proposed and developed the concepts of extraversion and introversion; archetypes, and the collective unconscious. His work has been influential in psychiatry and in the study of religion, philosophy, ...more
More about C.G. Jung...
Memories, Dreams, Reflections Man and His Symbols The Undiscovered Self Modern Man in Search of a Soul The Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious (Collected Works 9i)