Start by marking “Denmark, Kangaroo, Orange” as Want to Read:
Denmark, Kangaroo, Orange

Denmark, Kangaroo, Orange

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Winner of the 2006 Pearl Poetry Prize, selected by Denise Duhamel, Denmark, Kangaroo, Orange is a collection of whimsical, imaginative, and always surprising prose poems. Ranging in subject from nostalgia, mortality, and the after-life to poetry itself, this new book by Kevin Griffith is, in the words of Duhamel, "a rich, startling, and magical romp."

To ask other readers questions about Denmark, Kangaroo, Orange, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Denmark, Kangaroo, Orange

Amanda
An absolutely delightful collection of poems.

Smart and accessible.

Fresh and funny.

Lighthearted and thoughtful.

I adore it. Totally.

While reading I kept thinking if there was a band that could put these poems to music it would be Magnetic Fields.

The highlights: "Your Pants Look Disappointed," "The Kite," "Marriage," and "Coffee."

I whole heartedly recommend this book to those serious about poetry and those who want to like poetry but claim they don't "understand it."

J.S. Graustein
I had breakfast with Kevin this morning. Sausage and day-old pancakes with jam. And tea. We laughed as we discussed aging, travel, writing, and the odd mythology. When I say "we laughed," I mean to say that I laughed and sensed that Kevin must have laughed as he wrote these pieces. Though I suspect with some he sighed as he revised. Or pondered. Or stewed. Because these prose poems seem to have the qualities of a mood ring: adapting themselves to the reader's inner state so that different elemen ...more
Gary McDowell
Great, great book. I laughed so hard with these poems. It's the first great, humorous collection of contemporary poems I've ever read.... Not sure what this says about me. But this book was fantastic.
Nancy
A romp. I'm glad poetry is STILL more popular than ever. And that "on the stale cake, the candles, little cannibals, ate their own silence."
Kaila Mcgarvey
Kaila Mcgarvey marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Kevin Griffith
Apr 06, 2010 Kevin Griffith added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2010
Jacobr
Jacobr added it
Oct 07, 2008
101 Kinds of Irony The Common Courage Reader: Essays For an Informed Democracy Someone Had to Live Paradise Refunded Knowsys Vocab Flashcards Level 6