Dangerous (3-in-1)

Dangerous (3-in-1)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  1,623 ratings  ·  41 reviews

Storm Warning

He had shattered her world once, but when Lucas MacLean reentered Autumn's life, she couldn't deny the love still blazing inside her—or the evidence she had that sa

Trade Paperback, 544 pages
Published December 1st 2002 by Silhouette Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous

Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
Risky Business

This was a decent story. While the plot was predictable and easily resolved (with a little feel-good twist up at the end), it allowed for complex characters with complex motivations. Jonas fancied himself 'not a nice guy' but really he was. His behavior at the beginning wasn't all that bad (standoffish, cold, willing to do whatever is necessary–including using Liz–to find his brother's killer) and really all came from his profound grief. Liz was a good, strong character. I think sh...more
Brenda Margriet
Three from the 1980's. Re-read.
Risky Business: a woman fled to Mexico because of her illegitimate child (yes, it's that old). Gets mixed up in drug smuggling ring. Hero is identical twin brother of man who is killed to set off the book.
Storm Warning: Didn't realize how similar this is to Mary Stewart's "Wildfire at Midnight" until now. Heroine is photographer, not model (but shares similar physical characteristics), hero is tortured writer in both, bad guy is the nicest of the rest. Small cast o...more
Gemmoi
I love the way Nora Roberts creates her heroes in that feel like you know them. Her books however seem to follow the same pace, same formula, same out there heroines. It's like she has a database of heroines and she simply changes their occupations and it's always something off the wall, like a trapeze artist or boat company owner or yep Wedding cake maker. The romance is always delicious, the chemistry always divine, but three books of Nora later and I'm sated. Won't be reading anymore. Just no...more
Stacie  M. Ritchie
Today I just re-read this book. This is one of Nora Roberts 3 in 1 book, which I tend to like because I read so fast. The first story, Risky Business, was a departure for Roberts due to the fact that it is set in Mexico. The classic love story with some twists, it was a decent story. The second story was Storm Warning which was interesting. This book could have easily been built into a full book with more focus on the mystery and leading up to it. A classic done you wrong but haven’t stopped lov...more
Laura Elizabeth
Dangerous has three of Nora Roberts’ novels in one: Risky Business, Storm Warnings, and The Welcoming. Now just to be clear I loved all three, but Storm Warnings was my favorite of them.

Risky Business reminds me a lot of the Reef, and if you liked it you’ll like this one.

The Welcoming reminded me of a combination of Sacred Sins and The Search. If you like either, you’ll love this.

Ahhh, Storm Warnings. It’s like Clue, only serious. A who-dun-it murder within a bed and breakfast that’s been isola...more
K
Dangerous contains three of Roberts earlier novels: Risky Buisness, Storm Warning, and The Welcoming. Although Risky Buisness was good, I could not get into the other two stories; therefore the low rating. Normally a Roberts fan, I was suprised to find I did not like the other stories in this collection. I don't mean to imply that they were bad (Roberts can not write anything bad in my opinion), I just could not get into them. Perhaps it was the suspense aspect and/or the setting of the stories....more
Cyrisse
Oct 22, 2008 Cyrisse rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
Risky Business
She was a maddening combination of mystery and innocence. But Liz was the key to finding his brother's killer, so cynical Jonas Sharpe had to stick close...too close for comfort.

Storm Warning
He had shattered her world once, but when Lucas McLean reentered Autumn's life, she couldn't deny the love still blazing inside her -- or the evidence she had that said he could be guilty of murder.

The Welcoming
He'd never known the warmth of a home -- until he found his way to Charity's charm...more
Maria
Another three books from the 1980's, these deal with murder and suspense. Nora Roberts crafts a good story in each. The first is set with scuba diving in the background. It's the third book I've read where she uses it, but the first where it rings true. The equipment checks, the shark baton, the description of underwater wildlife, all bring back past underwater adventures in my own life. The last book is set in the San Juans on Orcas Island, somewhere I have also been, although I can't say I rec...more
Sonja
Three little mysteries in Nora Roberts style....

Toni Glasscoe
Feb 02, 2014 Toni Glasscoe rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Toni by: julie ley
Shelves: fiction
Nora Roberts is a good author. I've read all of her books and read this one several years ago.
LJ
The Welcoming - G+
Roberts, Nora

He had never known the warmth of a home -- until he found his way to Charity's charming Seaside Inn. But Roman DeWinter had come looking for a criminal mastermind and to expose a criminal organization that was based in the inn -- and all the evidence pointed to Charity. He didn't expect he would learn to care for Charity, and want something more with her. They both have fallen in love. Has Roman made a mistake by not telling Charity the truth.

A very pleasant story;...more
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
I like when they started publishing these 3 in 1. I don't have to wait for the short little books. This trilogy was a fast read. Classic Ms. Roberts with good dialog and lovely romance. I like her characters. They are such likeable people.
Sara
I lost myself in the first story and am currently reading the second. I will update my rating when I'm finished with the book. With that said, I love this book. I read the first story in a day. I couldn't put it down.
penelopewanders
Interesting array of books - between a drug smuggling ring in Mexico, a strange Agatha Christie type of set up in a bed and breakfast in Virginia and a story set in the north west... pleasant holiday reads.
Marisol
Risky Business and the Welcoming were pretty good. I didn't enjoy Storm Warning as much. I did like the fact that there were three stories in one book. I will look for other books like this.
Mandy
This was a great read, full of suspense. All three stories seemed to have the same theme, even though the third was a little more different than the first two, but that made it even better!
Lisa
Aug 09, 2007 Lisa rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: your dog
I now must do a physical and moral inventory of my house to eradicate all forms of this horrible author. Same story as always....strong women wooed by stonger, brooding mn, the end.
Lelah
Above average collection of classic Nora Roberts. The final story was the best, the second had a decent mystery story element. The first story was just adequate.
Jen
Nora's later books are much better than these early ones. While not bad, this just doesn't live up to expectations.
Carine
Some of the storys didn't flow as they should, and grew boring but I enjoyed most. Third story was the best.
Pat
Three books in one - Risky Business, Storm Warning, and The Welcoming. Three good love/hate romances.
Andrea
Ugh, I love Nora Roberts but this moves sooo slow. Nothing is happening!! Not sure if I'll finish it.
Susan
A quick read, since there are 3 stories. Nice get away from the kids reading, mystery/romance.
Annette Meier
I especially liked the middle story "Storm Warning" - it felt like a "Host a Murder" dinner party.
Marilyn
This book is actually 3 books in 1: Risky Business, Storm Warning, and The Welcoming.
Melissa
Good for a quick read. All three stories have a little bit of suspense.
Susan
I read Risky Business, but haven't read Storm Warning or The Welcoming yet.
Susan
I normally like Norah Roberts books, but Storm Warning was a disappointment.
Hillary Arnold
Storm warning: it's ok it didn't really end if you ask me but still a good read
  • Three in Death (In Death, #7.5, 12.5, 22.5)
  • Everlasting Love
  • Hard To Handle (2-in-1)
  • Upon a Midnight Clear: The Teacher / Christmas Magic / Jolly Holly / If Only in My Dreams / White Out
  • Lone Star Baby (Heart of Texas #6)
  • Don't Look Now (Look Trilogy, #1)
  • Shadows of Yesterday
  • The Secret (The Haunted Trilogy #1)
  • Protecting the Pregnant Witness (The Precinct: S.W.A.T. Team, #3)
  • Just Like a Man (OPUS prequel)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her...more
More about Nora Roberts...