Start by marking “Tell Me Everything” as Want to Read:
Tell Me Everything

Tell Me Everything

“I galloped through this book–couldn’t stop once I’d started. The writing’s so spare and yet the message so complex. It’s spiky, sparky, pithy, and deep.”
–Kate Long, author of The Bad Mother’s Handbook

She didn’t mean to tell the story, or have it end that way. She just got a little . . . carried away.

It has been several years since she confided in her teacher, and Molly D

Published March 5th 2007 by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Tell Me Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tell Me Everything

sisterimapoet
I'm sure it's not the first time Sarah Salway has left me a bit puzzled and I don't think it will be the last - which leads me to believe it's something she does very well.

I never get quite what I'm expecting from her books - they can appear so lightweight and chick-litty but something deeper and darker lurks within. And so it was here.

But I struggled to make the connections that I felt surely must be there under the surface. I felt like each character was a Russian doll - with multiple layers,
Alena
Jul 22, 2011 Alena rated it it was ok
I feel bad giving this book 2 stars because I think Salway is a really good writer, but this book made me feel dirty. The main character Molly is so damaged that she survives by lying constantly. (She calls them stories. I call them lies.) I felt for her, but it was too dark and twisted for me. It was supposed to be a coming of age tale, but her problems (and solutions) were so unbelievable to me that I just had to suspend my disbelief to continue reading.
On the other hand, I think its creepines
Liz
Feb 23, 2009 Liz rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed
This book was terrible. It is about a girl who gets kicked out of her parent's house. An old man finds her homeless and tells her she can live in the apartment above his shop, but in return she has to tell him naughty stories about things she's supposedly done. This was hardly anything like what was advertised on the jacket. The plotline was confusing, and jumped around between different time periods without any clue what was going on. It sounded like the author just made things up as she went ...more
Ashley
Mar 03, 2012 Ashley rated it it was ok
I was very confused by this book.It seemed to be getting better and suddenly ended. Molly didn't become a better person at all. She lied and stole and pretended this was for good reasons. Tim was never properly explained, I never quite understood if Leanne was real or not and Joe didn't seem to be a needed character at all.

This is just my opinion, obviously there are good points and it did succeed in making me feel for the characters and their situations.
Becky Everhart
Oct 13, 2009 Becky Everhart rated it really liked it
This book was engaging and emotional. The bit about the absurd boyfriend was a ticking time bomb throwing off sparks of sadness until it pretty much fizzled out. All in all, good book, cop-out ending. Seriously, she should have at least identified who appeared at the bench!
Gail
Apr 19, 2015 Gail rated it liked it
started out really well, but didn't go anywhere. Will still look out for more books by the same author.
Lucy
Aug 16, 2014 Lucy rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
A beautifully written, heartfelt book, filled with real, flawed characters, each experiencing their own emotional journey. Beautiful.
Juanita Iceton
Juanita Iceton rated it it was ok
Mar 21, 2015
Amd
Amd rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2014
Erik Ryman
Erik Ryman rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2008
Sarah rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2008
Kristeen Shuga
Kristeen Shuga rated it did not like it
Feb 11, 2013
Maisarah
Maisarah rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2013
Lia Carman
Lia Carman rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2008
Veronica Reyes
Veronica Reyes rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2012
Pat Rendia
Pat Rendia rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Veronica
Veronica rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2012
Emily
Emily rated it it was ok
May 01, 2008
Taylor
Taylor rated it it was ok
Aug 27, 2012
Dionne
Dionne rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2016
Jerome Vincent
Jerome Vincent rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2013
Catharina
Catharina rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2012
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it really liked it
May 22, 2012
Gihani  Maheshika
Gihani Maheshika rated it it was ok
Mar 01, 2016
Beckie
Beckie rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2013
Mew
Mew rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2011
Amanda
Amanda rated it did not like it
Sep 13, 2014
Karlie
Karlie rated it did not like it
Nov 20, 2016
Tanya Chavez
Tanya Chavez rated it did not like it
Nov 04, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Sarah Salway is a poet, novelist and journalist.

She is the author of three novels, including Something Beginning With, and the poetry collection, You Do Not Need Another Self-Help Book. She is currently the Canterbury Laureate and the Chair of the Kent & Sussex Poetry Society.
More about Sarah Salway...