Start by marking “What You Will See Inside a Hindu Temple” as Want to Read:
What You Will See Inside a Hindu Temple

What You Will See Inside a Hindu Temple

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  11 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
A colorful, fun-to-read introduction that explains the ways and
whys of Hindu faith and worship

"What You Will See Inside " A new series of illustrated books designed to show children ages 6 and up the Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How of traditional houses of worship, liturgical celebrations, and rituals of different world faiths, empowering young people to respect and
Published November 1st 2005 by Skylight Paths Publishing

To ask other readers questions about What You Will See Inside a Hindu Temple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What You Will See Inside a Hindu Temple

Danya Itani
Mar 13, 2014 Danya Itani rated it it was amazing
What You Will See Inside a Hindu Temple is almost like the book What You Will See Inside a Mosque. I really enjoyed reading the book and I found out A LOT of new information that I didn't know before. For example, the book explained that Hindus worship one God, not many, this God is everywhere,although this God comes in many frames and forms, there for they say that there are many Gods, but there is just one. After reading the book, I now think that Hinduism and Islam are almost exactly the same ...more
Lauren Rev
This book is recommended for children 6 and up. It is filled with color photographs providing a virtual tour of assorted temples inside & out. Words in Sanskrit are spelled out phonetically in English to assist individuals not familiar with the language. Found it informative and interesting as an adult.
The Style Page
Sep 19, 2013 The Style Page rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion, hinduism
I had taken Sanskrit lessons at a local temple and visited the sanctum before class. Until I read What You Will See Inside a Hindu Temple, I didn't know the significance of ringing the bell upon entering the temple or that circumambulation in the sanctum should be performed clockwise (I was doing it counterclockwise!) This book also introduced me to terms that I didn't know, and I consider myself somewhat versed in Hinduism.

While this book's audience is for children from 6 years up, adults will
K.D. Sarge
May 13, 2011 K.D. Sarge rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
Hey, I'm starting at the beginning, all right? For those who don't know (I didn't) Hinduism is older than Christianity and way more complicated (at least to someone who didn't grow up in it.)

I found this bitty book informative and clearly written.
David Bales
Jun 02, 2009 David Bales rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book that takes you step by step through a Hindu temple, the meaning behind the symbols, different gods and rituals.
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2015
Virginia Sheets
Virginia Sheets rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2015
Jae
Jae rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2014
Maryanne
Maryanne rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2010