Start by marking “OOPS-A-Daisy!” as Want to Read:
OOPS-A-Daisy!

OOPS-A-Daisy!

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Daisy Rabbit is learning how to hop. "Watch me, Mamal" Daisy cries out as she tries a big hop . . . hippity-hoppity-flop Mama helps Daisy up and shows her that everyone needs to practice things. Little Duck is learning to swim and Little Mouse is learning to climb and gather seeds. Daisy keeps practicing her hopping . . . whoopsity-oopsity After a long day, Daisy is an exp ...more
Published January 28th 2006 by Tiger Tales (first published March 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about OOPS-A-Daisy!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about OOPS-A-Daisy!

Sarah Sammis
Oops-a-daisy by Claire Freedman was a Harriet favorite over the summer. It's the story of a young rabbit learning how to hop. Each time she hops she falls over one way or another.

The accompanying illustrations are adorable and charming. They capture the mother's loving patience and Daisy's range of emotions from determination, frustration, and confidence.

Daisy learning to hop is much like a young child learning to walk. Harriet was reading the book in the final run up to her October dance recita
Carla Vazquez
We are introduced to Daisy a little rabbit learning to jump in a field. As her mama is showing her how to jump. Along, the way the see other baby animals learning new things. At one point she wanted to give up because it was to hard but she didn't. At the end she learned how to jump. Because she didn't give and kept trying she was able to learn. The book contains nice illustrations that would capture the child's attention. I liked the overall them of the book and would recommend it to young read ...more
Anne
May 22, 2008 Anne rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents
Shelves: children-s-books
Sweet book with adorable illustrations.
Daisy the rabbit is learning how to hop, but is having trouble. Mama teaches her about perseverance by having her keep on trying and showing Daisy that others struggle in learning new things too.
Both my boys (ages 2 and 5) really enjoy this book.
Michael Leitzman
this was a neat read. shows kids that you can do anything you set your mind too. also shows kids it is okay to ask for help and for kids to want to help others. i liked this book and would have this book my class if it was a younger grade.
Heather Russell
The mommy bunny is teaching her baby how to hop (and Oops she falls a lot) and encourages to keep trying and working hard to do it one day. I like this book and when I read it to Ethan I tell him that one day he will walk too.
Jaime
really enjoying this author right now. I recommend her books for the kiddos. The books have beautiful pictures, and that just makes the stories a little more real and exciting.
Amber Roth De Grace
Excellent book to teach kids about perseverance and sticking to something that is difficult. Practice makes perfect (or nearly so)!
Kasi
This book is great when discussing goals with students.
Chrystal
Good message.
Lily
its a good book
Coriann
Coriann marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Oct 22, 2014
Familyarrington
Familyarrington marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Kelli Garcia
Kelli Garcia marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
I’ve been a writer for over 15 years now, but it wasn’t planned!

I had a variety of jobs, including secretary, trainee buyer at Harrods, dental nurse, production assistant in a reprographic and printing company and various others.

I began to write after joining a creative writing class. I had no success with article writing, or short stories, or fiction, but the first children’s story I wrote, for a
More about Claire Freedman...
Aliens Love Underpants Dinosaurs Love Underpants Aliens in Underpants Save the World Snuggle Up, Sleepy Ones Pirates Love Underpants