My Kindergarten

My Kindergarten

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  22 reviews
McDuff spies with his Westie eyes . . . a bouncy bunny rabbit! And they're off! Zip, zip, whiz! Hopping through the field, jumping in the briar patch, running round and round . . . but where did Bunny go? Preschoolers will relish this interactive and lively game of hide-and-seek, brimming with innovative flaps, spinning wheels, and pull-tabs.
Published July 1st 2004 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about My Kindergarten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Kindergarten

Dave Goldberg
I've probably read My Kindergarten more than any other book on my goodreads shelf. My 4 year-old daughter goes for weeks requesting it every night. And unlike most of her books, this one doesn't drive me nuts the hundredth time through. I'm don't understand the criticisms about this book being too long. It's clearly set up into months and is intended to be read one month at a time, a sort of introduction to chapter books. The characters (animal classmates of Emily the bunny, the narrator) are de...more
Widad Hussein
My Kindergarten is a book for the kindergartners as one would assume.I couldn't find the lexile level but it is definitely for the young age who has just begun kindergarten The main characters are Miss Cribbage and her students in Kindergarten. The point of view is through the reader and it takes place in school. This book is collection of poems, short stories, and various activities that a student would read about through the year. It goes through all the 12 months so each month is relatable in...more
Kim T.
I liked this book as a K-read, however, as many have said before me, it is not a book that can be read in one sitting. I would even go so far as to say that it is a book that should be referred to on a scheduled basis.

The book held my kids attention up to a point; the story is much the same for me. The content is appropriate for young minds, and the visuals are colorful and interesting.

Rating: 3.25/5
Liane
Oct 13, 2008 Liane rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: megan
Genre: Picture Book, Informational

Reading Level: Late Early

Topics & Themes: Starting kindergarten. Curricular learning: Counting, Math, Language, Geography and Maps, Holidays, Colors, Seasons, Alphabet, Stamps, Money, Calendar, Time, Measuring, Other cultures, Cloud types, Poetry, Science, Punctuation, Temperature, and Music. Making Friends. Football games.

Curricular Use: Read-aloud, could coordinate reading with the months in the book

Social: Different religious holidays. Voting to make a d...more
Edward Creter
Baby animal friends go thru a year of kindergarten with happy smiles and lots to learn! I challenge anyone man enough to read this gem to kids 3-5! Laugh now but that's where the magic starts.
Jessica Fell
This book teaches young children, most appropriately kindergarteners, many different things. The book is categorized by the months of the school year and gives information about a variety of things from crafts, to holidays, to geography. I thought this book was okay. I thought the information in the book was excellent, but I think it would be difficult to read this to a class, even if you break the excerpts up. Each page tells the reader about something different, so the book feels like the info...more
Lain
In typical Rosemary Wells style, "My Kindergarten" is an adorable collection of songs, poems, and short stories to take young children through the school year. From the nerve-wracking night before school starts to the last day of school, Miss Cribbage's class shares their classroom discoveries with the readers.

Eye-catching, detailed pictures, simple stories, and entertaining tales will keep parents and kids delighted.

We borrowed this from the library, but we're getting our own copy!
Janna
Long book, may need to be done in a few sittings. Each page or two is a short story in itself.

Readalike books:

Welcome to Kindergarten (Rockwell)
The Twelve Days of Kindergarten (Rose)
If You Take a Mouse to School (Numeroff)

Readalike authors:

Mercer Mayer
Joseph Slate (Miss Bindergarten series)
Audrey Penn
Amber
I adored this book. I love that it set the stage for some important discussions with kids about civic responsibility, etc. It obviously has some messages that not everyone is going to agree with, but for those who do, it's a lovely way to start to instill those values.
Jessica Hanley
This excellently written book about kindergarten and all of the different and new experiences that these blossoming learners undertake. This a must-read for the kindergartener in your life.
Leandra
If only they made this book for every grade level! Incorporates math, science, language arts, music, art, and holidays! Different poems and stories AND activities that children will love!
Linda
A great gift for parent of a child getting ready to enter kindergarten, this book can be used all year long to inspire discussions about school and to jump start creative activities!
Emily Brown
PB18 - This book is PERFECT for kindergardeners... There's something for every day that they are in attendance and there are activities that would keep them very occupied.
Michelle
I can't decide who this book is actually written for (kids/adults) but it's cute and I liked it.

I'm not sure my 5 year old would enjoy it, however.
Lisa
Feb 06, 2009 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: teachers, moms
Recommended to Lisa by: teachers
Shelves: children, adult
A book that contains lessons that are stated in the table of contents by Month.
Each lesson has a story, poem, or activity associated with the lesson.
Rebekah
we read the first few months of the longish collection of poems. they were nice but it is realyl something to be read through an entire year.
Gretchen
One of the best by the prolific Rosemary Wells. We should all hope that our kindergarteners have an experience like this.
Michele
Really cute... it goes through each month of the year and talks about activities that a kindergartner might do.
Amy
this book is way to long to read in one sitting. I even got bored with it.
ZZ
Jan 16, 2008 ZZ rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kids in Kindergarten.
Shelves: library
We have not finished this book yet - it is good so far though.
Ann
Oct 18, 2013 Ann marked it as to-read
Shelves: 50-books-program
50 Books to Read Before 1st Grade (2013 Meade Co.)
Kelly
Read once per month - too much to read at once.
Sara
Sara added it
Sep 21, 2014
Tulasi
Tulasi marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Sara
Sara added it
Sep 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Rosemary Wells is the author of a number of popular children's books, most notably the Max and Ruby series which follows the everyday adventures of sibling bunnies - curious three year old Max and bossy seven year old Ruby. She gets the inspiration for Max and Ruby from her two daughters and the experiences they...more
More about Rosemary Wells...
Bunny Cakes Noisy Nora Yoko On the Blue Comet Red Moon at Sharpsburg