More J. Golden Kimball Stories

More J. Golden Kimball Stories

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  10 reviews
One of Mormonism's most beloved leaders, J. Golden Kimball was known as the "Swearing Apostle." Raised as a cowboy, he peppered his sermons with frontier wit and wisdom. James Kimball has collected hundreds of his famous great-uncle's stories in these two warmly affection volumes.
Published February 18th 2002 by White Horse Books (first published February 2002)

Greg
I love reading and hearing about J. Golden Kimball! He was a true character, but coupled that eccentricity with a sincere deire and determination to serve God. More tha most larger than life figures in church history, he seems both heroic and approachable. He worked hard, made fun of his own human foibles, but sought sincerely to improve and rid himself of his faults and imperfections, just like most of us.
Kelcey Murdoch
My dad is not a big reader. My grandma gave this book to him for his birthday yesterday during my little sister's high school graduation, and he was finished with it by the time graduation was over! So he sent it home with me, and I loved it! Now I need to read the first book about the "Swearing General Authority"!
Etta Mcquade
Sometimes,I burst into laughter as I read about the legendary son of Heber C. Kimball who had been a rough, swearing,cowboy when he got active in the Church and went on a mission. His wit, humor and honest spirituality has endured him to our time. We still hear stories about J. Golden Kimball.
Danielle
Man, J. Golden Kimball is funny. At least, to Mormons. Probably this book wouldn't be that funny to anyone else. But, if you're LDS, and you know J. Golden Kimball only by reputation, then spending an hour reading this book (it's really short) wouldn't be a bad use of your time.
Brian
Not as good as the other book, seems like the best stories were told in the first book and this one was a struggle for the author to write. Read the first one and skip this one.
Yvonne
Even more laughs. A saint who wsa rough around the edges but strait to the point too. Humor at it's best.
Corri Johnson
My family and I loved it. We had a great laugh.
P
Very funny stuff--even for an apostle.
LaSchelle
Another quick, funny read!
Rebecca
Apr 18, 2009 Rebecca is currently reading it
One of my favorite GAs.
Khipi
Khipi marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Samantha Zimmer
Samantha Zimmer marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Leanne
Leanne is currently reading it
Mar 06, 2014
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2013
David
David marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Jeremy
Jeremy marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2012
J. Golden Kimball Stories: Mormonism's Colorful Cowboy Scanners II: The New Order Four-Ringer Handbell Collections: Book VIII Eleven Years a Captive Among the Snake Indians