Start by marking “Breaking the Cycle” as Want to Read:
Breaking the Cycle

Breaking the Cycle

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  636 ratings  ·  23 reviews
An eagerly awaited collection of stories dealing with domestic abuse, edited by the New York Times bestselling author Zane.

Breaking the Cycle is a stunning and moving anthology of stories, each of which focuses on an aspect of domestic abuse. This powerful collection is sure to serve as a wake-up call for people either dealing with a domestic abuse situation, or those wat
Published March 29th 2005 by Strebor Books (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Breaking the Cycle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking the Cycle

Addicted by ZaneNervous by ZanePurple Panties by ZaneAfterburn by ZaneLove Is Never Painless by Zane
Zane
15th out of 39 books — 83 voters
G-Spot by NoireThe Coldest Winter Ever by Sister SouljahAddicted by ZaneEvery Thug Needs a Lady by Wahida ClarkStripping Asjiah by Sa'Rese Thompson
Best Urban Fiction
74th out of 177 books — 302 voters

More lists with this book...

Makeeba
Nov 06, 2008 Makeeba rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mature readers
Recommended to Makeeba by: no one
This book is titled Breaking The Cycle by Zane. The book is etchnic fiction. The main theme of the story is if your being abused get the courage to leave and stand up for your self.

this book is about many series of short stories of people who are mentally,physically, and emotionally abused. From men to woamn, to little children to older adults. It tells of how some people get the courage they hadn't found in years while some just chose to stay and never get to break the cycle of abuse. The boo
Tee Marie
I love this book, not Zane's usual work but I think you wil love it just the same
Shows the true struggle of domestic violence
Caprishacoleman
very deep and good
about people who went through domestic violence
Jiccarra Hollman
This book is really good.It's like a reality check.
Onyxx Onyxx
Awesome book indeed. Not what I was expecting so I was pleasantly surprised. Each story was written with such detail that I felt the characters pain and uncertainty in dealing with their individual situations.
Francine
An amazing book about domestic violence and breaking the cycle of abuse! Very compelling short stories! This is a must read for men and women.
Alexis
This book is one of my all time favorites. It addresses the issue of domestic abuse from several different angles. It puts the reality out there and you are allowed room to express your emotions freely. Sometimes you will want to yell and scream and fight while other times all you can do is cry and pray for those suffering through domestic abuse. I highly recommend this book.
Afrijewel
Feb 27, 2008 Afrijewel rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: troubled teenagers and adults (all mature persons)
This is a very powerful and surreal read. Very deep in relation to what really goes on in friendships/relationships and with families behind closed doors. The cycle indeed of neglect, abuse - all forms - mental, verbal, and physical. Please prepare yourself for an emotional reading.
Mia
Pretty good book with short stories from other author's throughout it. Very descriptive when it comes to painting a picture to the reader as to what is really going on in the stories. Sad and touching but these are issues surrounding our communities.
Richard Johnson
This was extremly "Real" at times even touching that fine line between to real and breathe taking i found myself deeply attached to all the chars. and wanting more from the story this is a great read for any one familiar with Zanes work or not
Kay'sha
This book encouraged me to tell a close friend of mine the truth of what I thought about her current relationship at ther time was like . I gave her the book and read from cover to cover and decided to dump the guy. Thank you Zane :)
Rosie
This book really gives you a good insight on all forms of domestic violence,mental abuse,verbal abuse,and not just inflicted on women either,men can get it too!!!
Erika
This book was hard to read. Only because it was so heart breaking. Not Zane's usual erotic work but just like all her books, she make sure to send a message.
Afira
Jan 29, 2008 Afira marked it as to-read
I have this book and have not got to it yet but I will be reading it soon since its nice, wet and cold outside. Gotta get it hot in here!!!
Mya Rockefeller
Jan 10, 2011 Mya Rockefeller added it
Recommends it for: keisha fertil
i just started this book.! & it soo far is good.! i wuld rate this book on a scale of 1-10 a 10. & recommend eryone shuld read it.'
Ya
Excellent stories about dealing with domestic abuse and violence and the strength it takes to want more and know that you deserve more
Angela
this was a great book to read and somewhat relate to. I recommend it. I still have it on my mom shelf after all these years.
Marcedes
It shows how young girls go through their life after something so cruel happens to them
Nook_diva Johnson
I am a big ZANE-fanatic so anything she writes, Im reading
Cierra
Good read for people who need outlets
Dana
Sad book. Had me in tears
Danelle Mahoney
Danelle Mahoney marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Antoinette Hampton
Antoinette Hampton marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Naketa Mullins
Naketa Mullins marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Candis Hill
Candis Hill marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Brianna
Brianna marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Manikanta Yernagula
Manikanta Yernagula marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
  • Maneater
  • Hood: An Urban Erotic Tale
  • Drive Me Crazy
  • Black Friday
  • Mama Dearest
  • Wifey 4 Life (Wifey Series, #5)
  • Leslie
  • Stealing Candy
  • Single Husbands
  • The Sweetest Taboo
Zane (real name Kristina Roberts) is an African American author of erotic fiction. She is the daughter of two former educators: an elementary school teacher and a world-renowned theologian who is also the author of nearly two dozen books. She was born and raised in the Washington, D.C. area where she still resides with her three children.

In 1997, Zane began writing erotic stories to pass the time
More about Zane...
Addicted Nervous Afterburn Shame on It All Zane's The Sisters of APF: The Indoctrination of Soror Ride Dick