Start by marking “Breaking the Cycle” as Want to Read:
Breaking the Cycle

Breaking the Cycle

An eagerly awaited collection of stories dealing with domestic abuse, edited by the New York Times bestselling author Zane.

Breaking the Cycle is a stunning and moving anthology of stories, each of which focuses on an aspect of domestic abuse. This powerful collection is sure to serve as a wake-up call for people either dealing with a domestic abuse situation, or those wat
Published March 29th 2005 by Strebor Books (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Breaking the Cycle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking the Cycle

Addicted by ZaneNervous by ZanePurple Panties by ZaneAfterburn by ZaneGettin' Buck Wild by Zane
Zane
13th out of 39 books — 116 voters
The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister SouljahG-Spot by NoireAddicted by ZaneThe Cartel by Ashley AntoinetteEvery Thug Needs a Lady by Wahida Clark
Best Urban Fiction
81st out of 219 books — 350 voters

More lists with this book...

Makeeba
Nov 06, 2008 Makeeba rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mature readers
Recommended to Makeeba by: no one
This book is titled Breaking The Cycle by Zane. The book is etchnic fiction. The main theme of the story is if your being abused get the courage to leave and stand up for your self.

this book is about many series of short stories of people who are mentally,physically, and emotionally abused. From men to woamn, to little children to older adults. It tells of how some people get the courage they hadn't found in years while some just chose to stay and never get to break the cycle of abuse. The boo
أمل  عبد الجوّاد
I've finished this book 3 days ago but I didn't want to talk about it by that time.
this book is about many series of short stories of people who are abused , different kind of abuse , mental abuse , physical abuse , emotional abuse , it's all about abuse and violence!! too much violence in more than 200 pages. the victims are women , kids and even men! I've had a very hard time during this read , I barely could finish it!
Okay, however these stories are so real , the images of domestic abuse are
Maureen Wagnac
Jun 03, 2015 Maureen Wagnac rated it it was amazing
"Breaking the Cycle" by Zane is a book that is unlike any book I've read by this author. It's an urban-type fiction that takes me into what life is like in a domestic situation. The characters in each chapter had different situation but each of them pertained to domestic violence. I was astonished by how the scenarios played out. I was equally perplexed how some characters chose to stay in the abusive situation. Overall, I was engaged throughout reading the book and it helped me gain perspective ...more
Tee Marie
May 28, 2010 Tee Marie rated it it was amazing
I love this book, not Zane's usual work but I think you wil love it just the same
Shows the true struggle of domestic violence
Caprishacoleman
very deep and good
about people who went through domestic violence
Jiccarra Hollman
Jan 04, 2010 Jiccarra Hollman rated it liked it
This book is really good.It's like a reality check.
Onyxx Onyxx
Dec 12, 2014 Onyxx Onyxx rated it it was amazing
Awesome book indeed. Not what I was expecting so I was pleasantly surprised. Each story was written with such detail that I felt the characters pain and uncertainty in dealing with their individual situations.
Francine
Aug 13, 2014 Francine rated it it was amazing
An amazing book about domestic violence and breaking the cycle of abuse! Very compelling short stories! This is a must read for men and women.
Chantel Williams
May 27, 2016 Chantel Williams rated it it was amazing
Nice collaboration of short stories
carlos
Shelves: bossilina-books
Good book.
Sha
Feb 23, 2015 Sha rated it it was amazing
very good and inspiring. it made me never give up and i got up out my situation and i am glad i did.
Stephenia
Feb 06, 2015 Stephenia rated it it was amazing
Excellent read about different types of abuse that one can endure. You have been taught that this is your destiny but it's not, you too can break the cycle.
Alexis
Apr 29, 2008 Alexis rated it it was amazing
This book is one of my all time favorites. It addresses the issue of domestic abuse from several different angles. It puts the reality out there and you are allowed room to express your emotions freely. Sometimes you will want to yell and scream and fight while other times all you can do is cry and pray for those suffering through domestic abuse. I highly recommend this book.
Afrijewel
Feb 27, 2008 Afrijewel rated it liked it
Recommends it for: troubled teenagers and adults (all mature persons)
This is a very powerful and surreal read. Very deep in relation to what really goes on in friendships/relationships and with families behind closed doors. The cycle indeed of neglect, abuse - all forms - mental, verbal, and physical. Please prepare yourself for an emotional reading.
Mia
Sep 30, 2012 Mia rated it really liked it
Pretty good book with short stories from other author's throughout it. Very descriptive when it comes to painting a picture to the reader as to what is really going on in the stories. Sad and touching but these are issues surrounding our communities.
Richard Johnson
Nov 13, 2012 Richard Johnson rated it it was amazing
This was extremly "Real" at times even touching that fine line between to real and breathe taking i found myself deeply attached to all the chars. and wanting more from the story this is a great read for any one familiar with Zanes work or not
Kay'sha
Nov 12, 2012 Kay'sha rated it it was amazing
This book encouraged me to tell a close friend of mine the truth of what I thought about her current relationship at ther time was like . I gave her the book and read from cover to cover and decided to dump the guy. Thank you Zane :)
Rosie
Apr 10, 2008 Rosie rated it really liked it
This book really gives you a good insight on all forms of domestic violence,mental abuse,verbal abuse,and not just inflicted on women either,men can get it too!!!
Erika
Oct 03, 2012 Erika rated it really liked it
This book was hard to read. Only because it was so heart breaking. Not Zane's usual erotic work but just like all her books, she make sure to send a message.
Afira
Jan 29, 2008 Afira marked it as to-read
I have this book and have not got to it yet but I will be reading it soon since its nice, wet and cold outside. Gotta get it hot in here!!!
Mya Rockefeller
Jan 10, 2011 Mya Rockefeller added it
Recommends it for: keisha fertil
i just started this book.! & it soo far is good.! i wuld rate this book on a scale of 1-10 a 10. & recommend eryone shuld read it.'
Ya
Aug 13, 2008 Ya rated it it was amazing
Excellent stories about dealing with domestic abuse and violence and the strength it takes to want more and know that you deserve more
Angela
Aug 17, 2013 Angela rated it it was amazing
this was a great book to read and somewhat relate to. I recommend it. I still have it on my mom shelf after all these years.
Marcedes
Jan 23, 2009 Marcedes rated it it was amazing
It shows how young girls go through their life after something so cruel happens to them
Nook_diva Johnson
Dec 02, 2010 Nook_diva Johnson rated it it was amazing
I am a big ZANE-fanatic so anything she writes, Im reading
Cierra
Aug 24, 2009 Cierra rated it it was amazing
Good read for people who need outlets
Dana
Sep 23, 2012 Dana rated it really liked it
Sad book. Had me in tears
Melissa Jacobs
Melissa Jacobs marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
  • Maneater
  • Hood: An Urban Erotic Tale
  • Naughty or Nice
  • Mama Dearest
  • The Sweetest Taboo
  • Leslie
  • Erotic City
  • Deadly Reigns (Deadly Reigns #1)
  • Double Dippin'
  • Girls from Da Hood
Zane is the New York Times bestselling author of Afterburn, The Heat Seekers, Dear G-Spot, Gettin’ Buck Wild, The Hot Box, Total Eclipse of the Heart, Nervous, Skyscraper, Love is Never Painless, Shame on It All, and The Sisters of APF; the ebook short stories “I’ll be Home for Christmas” and “Everything Fades Away”; and editor for the Flava anthology series, including Z-Rated and Busy Bodies. Her ...more
More about Zane...