Start by marking “Princess Files (The Princess Diaries, #10.5)” as Want to Read:
Princess Files (The Princess Diaries, #10.5)

Princess Files (The Princess Diaries #10.5)

3.59  ·  Rating Details ·  3,765 Ratings  ·  79 Reviews

Sleeping Beauty,
Snow White,
Mia Thermopolis:
all princesses

Do YOU have what it takes
to be a princess?

princess mia will help you find out

Published June 4th 2004 by Macmillan Children's Books (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Princess Files, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princess Files

Jessica (priceiswong)
This was fun! I think I like this better than Princess Lessons..
Sara Saif
May 07, 2016 Sara Saif rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: its-a-tie
So this listed a number of princesses, real and fictional, under categories such as "Action Princesses", "Should-be princesses", each category narrated by a different person. There were illustrations in there and commentary by Mia. It was OK. If I had read this at any other time other than the immediate present, I would have had much more fun but considering the fact that I have been reading Princess Diaries stubbornly for about 2 weeks, I am not in an exactly "right" state of mind.
Princess Out.
A very fun read!

ETA 2016: Still fun on occasion, but not quite as charming as I remember it. First off, some chapters are written in Sebastiano and Paolo's way of speaking. Even if one were to assume they write how they speak phonetically, it's a mildly amusing joke that got very wearisome. I just skipped most of their sections. There's also some historical errors, like saying that Isabella of Spain was the daughter of John II of England. There was no John II of England (after the first John was
This book was just okay. Not much of a story and I didn’t like it as much as I liked Princess Lessons. This one was more like a History lesson and not a very interesting one either. I did like the role models that the book talks about and I think I might have liked it better as a younger reader. Little girls would probably love it!
Sep 01, 2016 Veronica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute little leisure read. I really liked learning about pieces of history but wished there were more or they would elaborate more. I did not like all of the fictional princesses. It was too much and rot my brain. I rather have the real ones with longer history lessons.

I liked some of the advice pieces at the each of each too. Some were far-fetches but others were helpful to young girls. Be nice, friendly, don't ignore the lonely, be confident, etc.

Later in the book, Mia mentioned how
Sep 14, 2016 Pisinat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
bon soyons honnête ca n'a pas grande utilité sauf de prolonger le plaisir d'être avec ces personnages ^^
Jul 11, 2016 Angie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
all princesses
Do YOU have what it takes
to be a princess?
princess mia will help you find out

Best-selling Princess Diaries author Meg Cabot and acclaimed fashion artist Chesley McLaren team up again to display this clever royal roster of princesses of the world. Big or small, old or new, fact or fiction, our favorite princess Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo (aka Mia) will point out
Vera Maharani
Perhaps I should be rereading The Princess Diaries Companion book in released order. It feels...strange to read reference to Britney Spears and her breakup with Justin Timberlake after the more recent reference to The Hunger Games in 'Royal Wedding'. Tina Hakim Baba was still 'saving herself for Prince William' here!

Aside from the obsolete (but still funny in a nostalgic way) cultural reference, I enjoy this very much! This book certainly is not the main source to learn about the famous historic
Aug 11, 2014 Eden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teenage Girls
4 stars

Perfect Princess is a little side book from The Princess Diaries series, presenting the reader with inspirational real-life and imaginary princesses, from the point-of-view of Princess Mia.

Following the same line as Princess Lessons: A Princess Diaries Book, I appreciate the positive message of this book, giving teenage girls wonderful, respectable and beautiful princesses to look up to.

I recommend this book to teenage girls, especially those who enjoy reading about royalty.
May 19, 2009 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Princess Diaries fans
Recommended to Julie by: I've read the other Princess Diaries books
Not sure how to categorize this. It's a guide to princesses throughout history (and throughout fiction too) - how their style, smarts, politics, and personality helped influence the world.

There's a much stronger connection with The Princess Diaries than there was in Princess Lessons, so that was good. It really made me chuckle a few times (particularly talking about Adora/She-Ra).

Defintely worth a read if you're a fan of Mia and company.
Dec 10, 2014 Myndi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting read, if you want to know more about princesses, including fictional ones. It was not integral to the series however. Though it did have snippets written from each character like the Princess Lessons book did, I found this one to be a little less about the characters and more about the history of the princesses. That being said, I did really enjoy it, especially learning more about princesses I did not know of. Michael's contributions were very interesting to me as well. ...more
Ruth Taylor
Apr 19, 2016 Ruth Taylor rated it it was ok
As I had started re reading the princess diaries series I decided to re read the accompanying books too. Despite knowing it's aimed at a far younger audience then me this one was more boring than the princess files. At least that one told you how to be a princess. This one just lists different princesses into categories. I'm sure I appreciated it more when I was younger but it is pretty pointless.
Oct 05, 2015 Katlyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read of less than an hour! Cute, just like Holiday Princess. I did like this one more though because princesses are more interesting than holidays in my opinion. Oh, and I LOVED Michael's entry on Mia! So romantic! Although how is this book 10.5 if Mia is dating Michael, but hates Lana... Actually, the holiday book didn't seem like it came after book 10 either. Oh well!
2.5 stars - interesting, but not engaging

This book was another offshoot, like a compilation of lists that Mia is so fond of doing. This one was about Princess, both real and Disney, and admirable qualities they possess.
While the Disney ones were cute, it was cool to learn things about the real royals that I hadn't known.
Grlz Grftn
Jun 24, 2013 Grlz Grftn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: awesome-sauce
Meg Cabot is one of my favorite autgors now. I mean, its like if you took a bunch of fictional and real princesses, a textbook, humor, and the PD characters, and mixed them all together! How she managed to put so much humor in something so educational is beyond me! Basicly the book is about some royal role models for young girls to look up to.I would reccomend it to any girls from about 9-14
This might have been a good book to me if I was 12, otherwise it just seemed like a way to cash in on the craze. It was basically Mia and her Grandmere talking about every known princess and their qualities. Unfortunately although the narrators were named Mia and Grandmere, they were not in any way the same characters that are in the books. Nice try Meg, but this was a no go.
Apr 04, 2009 Tina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
it was so boring and uninteresting.This is a book i recommend to no one. I would give it a zero if i cud. IT is a book that justs lists princesses and different kinds and how u cud be like them. i finished it in 10 minutes flat (cuz i skimmed..:)) and it was totally not my type of book. But i think this was a informative book and not an actual story which is another reason why i hated it.
Caitlin Buchanan
Jun 26, 2015 Caitlin Buchanan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
If you want to learn about being a princess then read this book because it gives you many princesses both real and fictional to emulate. I hope to someday be princess like for myself and hope that others will too.
Tilly Wulandari
Jul 31, 2014 Tilly Wulandari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What else can I say if the writer is Meg Cabot? An absolute beautiful book for every girl, whether you are a little girl, a teenage girl, not-a-girl-not-yet-a-woman, or already a woman, who always dream to be a princess and believe that Princess exists in all of us. Love!
Molly Panzer
Again, reading this because Natalie was reading it. There is definitely some value and could be helpful in building self confidence in a middle schooler. I think I'm done with Princess titles, I hope??
May 12, 2011 Heather rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teens
Tips on how to be a princess. I found this well written, but not quite what I was expecting. It is not a "story" as the other Princess Diaries books are. It is instead a collection of princess and why they were good/important. An interesting read.
Astri Nardi (Asuka Mai)
Ilustrasinya cute banget aku suka, buku ini bagian dari serial princess diaries tapi ceritanya sama sekali ga nyambung apabila dibaca terpisah...
Ada berbagai putri yg diceritain secara singkat... ^^
Sabitah Irwani
Jul 24, 2007 Sabitah Irwani rated it really liked it
is the first book of the Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot. It tells us about the biggest dream of every young teenage girl in the world for became a princess royal descent...
I love every part of the story and I like the way author tells the story
Emily Sabsook
This book started off really good because it was different and interesting. But after awhile the book got kind of boring and plain. It feels like it drags on and on. It could've had a story line instead of having each page be a different princess
This would've been okay except for all the liberal and socialist crap interjected into the book. I'm sure young girls would like this book. Though, I wouldn't read it to my kids without skipping all the progressive nonsense.
Paige [eastIndies.]
Charming, fast-paced, witty, and hilarious. I've never read writing that flows as well as Cabot's, especially in a diary-formatted novel. Cabot creates such wonderful and distinct characters with strong voices who are unforgettable.
May 20, 2013 Elaw6 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did not like this book. I think that's because it doesn't really have a conflict. All it talks about is the history of different princesses. It was really boring to read and I would not recommend it.
Oct 07, 2013 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think it didn't give enough credit to Snow White for being a role model when it comes to remaining positive and faithful. I blame this due to Meg Cabot's liberal-feminist outlook on life. In other ways her outlook is a good thing when giving credit to other princesses.
Nov 26, 2015 Stephanie rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, chick-lit
An interesting companion book to the Princess Diaries series where Mia and her friends briefly tell about a few fictional and real princesses. From Queen Victoria to the Disney Princesses I found it all to be rather amusing to read about.
May 04, 2016 Shae rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was okay. Read a little bit like a textbook which made it less fun to read. Not nearly as good as the other half books which were short stories.
  • Haunted Schools
  • Pink!
  • The Pink Palace
  • Born to Be Somebody (from Never Say Never): Big Note Piano, Sheet
  • Pink Princess Rules The School (Perfectly Princess)
  • Shining On
  • Harry Styles Annual 2013
  • Love Is...
  • Amelia and the Outlaw
  • Miley Cyrus: Breakout
  • Taylor Swift: Pro Vocal Women's Edition Volume 49
  • Harsh Pink: Color Me Burned (TrueColors, #12)
  • The Girl Most Likely
  • Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again
  • Odysseus in the Serpent Maze (Young Heroes, #1)
  • Kiss the Bride
  • Aisyah Putri 3: Mr. Penyair
  • Garden of Angels

More about Meg Cabot...

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)

“Be like Grace: Wear large, dark glasses and a filmy scarf over your hair next time you go out in public. People will totally wonder who the mysterious beauty is, standing in line behind them at Blockbuster.” 0 likes