Start by marking “Autobiography of Values” as Want to Read:
Autobiography of Values

Autobiography of Values

From his days as a barnstorming pilot to his transatlantic flight to his role in mapping international mail routes, Lindbergh never stopped challenging himself. This is an unprecedented view of an extraordinary man. New Introduction by Reeve Lindbergh; Index; photographs and maps.
Published November 13th 1992 by Mariner Books (first published 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Autobiography of Values, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Autobiography of Values

Michele
Aug 09, 2009 Michele rated it liked it
This book was probably less enticing in a vacuum than I found it as a counterpart to Lindbergh's journal, We and Spirit of St. Louis. A completist cannot do without this work, while it probably offers little to the casual reader. It's a sketch and feels more like an outline for a book rather than a full work.

I first read this Autobiography about 25 years ago. It was interesting to go back and revisit some of Lindbergh's observations in light of the revelation about his secret family. In the book
Don Stanton
Jan 03, 2011 Don Stanton rated it really liked it
The first 100 pages gave me the impression that he, Mr Lindbergh was the most narcissistic who ever wrote about themselves. Fortunately, I pressed on.
Much to my delight, the detailed remainder of the book lead me down the correct path. He was much more than an American Icon of heroism, he surpassed his 'The Spirit of St. Louis' achievement in a cacophony of achievements far beyond aviation.
By the end I decided he was a combination of Thoreau, Newton, William Edward Parry,Schweitzer and Truman.
wh
Melissa
Jan 27, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: lindbergh
If you are familiar with the Lindbergh story, this book can be a little repetitive. But the wonderful part is delving into Lindbergh's mind and thought processes. Fascinating to see the way he fixates on an idea and hashes it out only to rethink it and do it again.
Lisa
Nov 26, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read non fiction, but this book was an interesting as a fiction novel. Lindbergh's life was so much more than the Spirit of St Louis flight. Eye opening and thought provoking, I've read it through several times
Nick
Sep 20, 2010 Nick rated it really liked it
Very nice read, I didn't know that he was friends with Alexis Carrel (the Nobel prize winner/ Nazi Frenchman)
Logan
Sep 08, 2016 Logan rated it it was ok
Lindburgh was a great man, I didn't enjoy his autobiography so much which seemed to smack of eugenics.
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2008
Anne Hopkins
Anne Hopkins rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2014
Claudia
Claudia rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2015
AnnMarie
AnnMarie rated it it was ok
Jul 07, 2011
Gary Christensen
Gary Christensen rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2008
Co2
Co2 rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2010
Nimboo
Nimboo rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2016
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2015
Bob Prochko
Bob Prochko rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2015
Anita
Anita rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2016
Mike
Mike rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2016
Paul W
Paul W rated it it was ok
Jan 27, 2016
Frederic
Frederic rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2009
Hank Kirlin
Hank Kirlin rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2012
Dale Stonehouse
Dale Stonehouse rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2010
Jill
Jill rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2015
Roberto Petruccio
Roberto Petruccio rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2015
David D.
David D. rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2013
Jean Morrison
Jean Morrison rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2013
Andy
Mar 17, 2008 Andy rated it it was ok
Shelves: biography
Repetitive of some of his other work. Seems a little new age at times.
Wanda
Wanda rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2011
Skyblue
Skyblue rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2014
M
M rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2014
Margo
Margo rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2013
Son of Charles A. Lindbergh Sr..
Charles Augustus Lindbergh (nicknamed "Slim," "Lucky Lindy" and "The Lone Eagle") was an American aviator, author, inventor, explorer, and social activist.

Lindbergh, then a 25-year old U.S. Air Mail pilot, emerged from virtual obscurity to almost instantaneous world fame as the result of his Orteig Prize-winning solo non-stop on May 20–21, 1927, from Roosevelt Field
More about Charles A. Lindbergh...